Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

dreaded phonecall...

dreaded phonecall...

Old Jan 10th 2006, 9:14 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default dreaded phonecall...

well, i got one yesterday. was on the bus taking the kids home from school when my mums gp rang - she had collapsed in the surgery and was on her way to a and e. when i got there they had her in resus.
basically her lungs and heart are knackered cos of 50 odd years of heavy smoking.....she's now going to need oxygen at home and nursing input cos she wont be able to manage on her own.

kinda puts things in a different light now....dunno what we will do migration wise, cos im her main carer in the family anyway, it will be put on me to see to her. not that i mind of course......just puts a different slant on things.

after all the setbacks we have had with our plans to emigrate over the last 2 or 3 years i really thought this year was going to be "it". just shows you how wrong you can be.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 9:20 am
Banned

menace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud of
Default Re: dreaded phonecall...

Sorry to hear that TWT. After all the bad luck you have had this comes along. You have my sympathy.

Best wishes to you and your mum.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 9:22 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear your bad news. I know it is no consolation but at least you are nearby. I dread that kind of phone call from 12,000 miles away.

Hope you all cope ok with the situation.

And have some karma!

Binbird
Old Jan 10th 2006, 9:23 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

hope all is well.

Claire
x
Old Jan 10th 2006, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

MJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
well, i got one yesterday. was on the bus taking the kids home from school when my mums gp rang - she had collapsed in the surgery and was on her way to a and e. when i got there they had her in resus.
basically her lungs and heart are knackered cos of 50 odd years of heavy smoking.....she's now going to need oxygen at home and nursing input cos she wont be able to manage on her own.

kinda puts things in a different light now....dunno what we will do migration wise, cos im her main carer in the family anyway, it will be put on me to see to her. not that i mind of course......just puts a different slant on things.

after all the setbacks we have had with our plans to emigrate over the last 2 or 3 years i really thought this year was going to be "it". just shows you how wrong you can be.

SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR MUM,
HOPE SHE GETS BETTER SOON.
Jo
Old Jan 10th 2006, 9:38 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear about your Mom, I hope that she is better soon.
Once her care is settled you will be able to decide easier about what you want to do with your move, I would just keep going now as things don't have to be decided yet. You have my sympathy as I know that it would have torn me in two to have to make that sort of decision and I know that it may yet come as you never know what is around the corner.
Good luck and hugs.
Nicky
Old Jan 10th 2006, 9:40 am
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear your news.
I hope your Mum is on the mend soon.
And as far as Oz is concerned, if it's meant to happen it will I'm sure.
Take care.
Julie. x
Old Jan 10th 2006, 9:41 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh Sue I'm so,so sorry to hear about your mum

I hope she soon feels better and that things work out for you all

Phoenix x
Old Jan 10th 2006, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

sue, i'm so sorry, i didnt know she was so bad. you've got my number if you need a chat or want to meet.

as for the migration, well, certain things just take priority doont they,your time will come lady.

take care sue, and you know you've got lots of faithful support on here too dont you.

debs xx
Old Jan 10th 2006, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Hope things get better for you all.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Bugger, Sue.

Bugger that your mum is ill and bugger that it might put a spanner in the works with your migration...you've been a long time coming...

It's too soon now, 'cos you have your mum to worry about but maybe when she is on the mend, have a think about what would have happened, Re: her care and carers if you had already been in OZ.

That might help to put things into perspective for you and help you to make your migration decision.

Either way, all the best and thoughts are with you. x
Old Jan 10th 2006, 10:27 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

As Leigh just said, Bugger
Oh Sue, you poor love, just when things seemed to be coming together for you. At least you are on the right side of the world at the moment. Let things settle a bit, then take stock, and remember your mates are all here for you
Love and hugs
Polly
x
Old Jan 10th 2006, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all

Hope she gets well very soon.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 10:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so sorry to hear about your mum Sue and kinda stuck for words right now, instead I'm sending a huge cyber hug <huge hug>
We are all here for you mate and love ya to bits.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 10:56 am
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

Hi TWT, I was in a similar position to you a few years back, albeit not with the stress of dealing with the migration process. I did however find my self caring for my mum who was diagnosed with lung cancer (out of the blue - total shock)! and at the same time going through a divorce. Sadly my mum passed away and i must say it was the most traumatic period of my life by a mile, because like you i was left to care for her 24hrs a day while my 2 brothers (both older) stood by. As i said i was dealing with a divorce too and i thought i would never cope. But i did, i had to and whatever the outcome you will too! But the most important thing is that whatever happens, you will always be able to cherish the time you had with your mum and you will feel good knowing that you did your best for her. Oz will always be there waiting for you, you will get there. I hope your mum improves soon, all my very best,
Gary.

Last edited by robos; Jan 10th 2006 at 11:00 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.