Reload this Page >

dragon boat racing in Sydney

dragon boat racing in Sydney

Old Oct 15th 2004, 6:02 am
Forum Regular

igual will become famous soon enoughigual will become famous soon enough
Default dragon boat racing in Sydney

Hi everyone,
just wondering if anyone on here has taken up this activity? We went to the climbing centre the other day and saw a advert asking for new members for the Manly club.It looks like good fun and very sociable! We don't know anyone here, and like alot of you, are having to find a new social life! Does anyone know if you have to be really fit, because im not.It would be good to get out and do a regular sport, especially if a few are involved
look forward to hearing some info
Fiona
Old Oct 16th 2004, 2:27 am
BE Enthusiast

chocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: dragon boat racing in Sydney

Originally Posted by igual
Hi everyone,
just wondering if anyone on here has taken up this activity? We went to the climbing centre the other day and saw a advert asking for new members for the Manly club.It looks like good fun and very sociable! We don't know anyone here, and like alot of you, are having to find a new social life! Does anyone know if you have to be really fit, because im not.It would be good to get out and do a regular sport, especially if a few are involved
look forward to hearing some info
Fiona
There's an article in today's Manly Daily on dragon boat racing. Looks like fun. However, not for me, I already go to the gym and play tennis. Good luck!
Old Oct 16th 2004, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chocaholic
There's an article in today's Manly Daily on dragon boat racing. Looks like fun. However, not for me, I already go to the gym and play tennis. Good luck!
Thanks for that chocaholic,
going to give it a go tomorrow! Just out of interest where is a good place to play tennis, I'd like to have lessons, can you recommend any where?
Thanks Fiona
Old Oct 17th 2004, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

chocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura about

Hi - I would recommend lessons at the Australian Tennis Academy at Oxford Falls which is really near you. If you pm me, I'll give you the phone number of the coach. The lessons are really reasonably priced & good for beginners and intermediates.
Old Oct 17th 2004, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

Hi everyone!
went dragon boat racing today,really good fun, although I had absolutely no coordination quite a few people turned up, various ages and abilities, looks like there will be plenty of opportunity for a few as well
Thanks chocaholic for the info, have sent you a pm