Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Dr Who in Australia

Dr Who in Australia

Old Jul 9th 2006, 5:56 am
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Dr Who in Australia

Another question from my two children:

do you get Dr Who on TV in Australia? - I think it was the last in the current series last night and it's not on again until xmas - when we will be in oz
Old Jul 9th 2006, 6:02 am
www.perthcrest.com.au

The Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud of
Default Re: Dr Who in Australia

Originally Posted by DebraH

do you get Dr Who on TV in Australia? - I think it was the last in the current series last night and it's not on again until xmas - when we will be in oz

Yes!!! Only just!!!

It was on last night, and has just started with the new series that UK have just finished - we are dead chuffed.

Last night show was the Xmas last year show with the new Doctor, then I think they carry on every Saturday night.

So you will probably time it just right, but may have to wait a few months for the new new series if that makes sense.

Nicola
x
Old Jul 9th 2006, 6:09 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Vallies
Yes!!! Only just!!!

It was on last night, and has just started with the new series that UK have just finished - we are dead chuffed.

Last night show was the Xmas last year show with the new Doctor, then I think they carry on every Saturday night.

So you will probably time it just right, but may have to wait a few months for the new new series if that makes sense.

Nicola
x
Actually that was the last of the old series leading into the new one which should start in the next week with the new Doctor. ABC Saturday 7.30pm. Number 11 isn't it? Or is it 12?
Old Jul 9th 2006, 7:31 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

We have any tv prog here, from anywhere in the world......just download it. For example last night we watched Friday Night With Jonathon Ross (the one shown in the UK on Friday July 7th.) Sites to find these progs are many, just a few are:

http://isohunt.com/
http://www.mininova.org/
http://www.torrentspy.com/
http://www.uknova.com/
Old Jul 9th 2006, 7:48 am
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

The x-mas episode was shown last night, and the series (first with David Tennant) will start next week. The last one we saw in the UK was the first of a two parter, I am dying to see how it ended. Only abouy 8 weeks to wait for the second part
Old Jul 9th 2006, 7:55 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Hundreds of Dr. Who eps here including all the very latest ones.
http://www.mininova.org/search/dr+who/added
Old Jul 9th 2006, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Johnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Dr Who in Australia

Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen
The x-mas episode was shown last night, and the series (first with David Tennant) will start next week. The last one we saw in the UK was the first of a two parter, I am dying to see how it ended. Only abouy 8 weeks to wait for the second part
We've just finished watching Doomsday, the last in the present series (aired last night in the UK). What a great series! I'm so glad David Tennant is staying on to do another series. Billie Piper has been a fantastic assistant too. Just 170 days to go until I can download The Runaway Bride.

I may have to start watching the Torchwood spin-off series in the mean-time...

Or perhaps I should do what the Why Don't You guys suggested, switch off my television set and go and do something less boring instead. After all, this is Melbourne!

--paj
Old Jul 9th 2006, 8:21 am
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold

Heres an idea that works for us. My mum tapes Dr Who and other stuff that the kids love and sends it over to us. The kids love getting parcels from nanny and it keeps my mum in touch with her grandkids to the extent that she still really feels involved in their lives.
Old Jul 9th 2006, 9:00 am

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Watt Dabney
Heres an idea that works for us. My mum tapes Dr Who and other stuff that the kids love and sends it over to us. The kids love getting parcels from nanny and it keeps my mum in touch with her grandkids to the extent that she still really feels involved in their lives.

The OH gets tapes of The Bill from her mum, despite being told it is on tv here. I suppose it makes her feel wanted.
Old Jul 9th 2006, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by Johnsyweb
We've just finished watching Doomsday, the last in the present series (aired last night in the UK). What a great series! I'm so glad David Tennant is staying on to do another series. Billie Piper has been a fantastic assistant too. Just 170 days to go until I can download The Runaway Bride.

I may have to start watching the Torchwood spin-off series in the mean-time...

Or perhaps I should do what the Why Don't You guys suggested, switch off my television set and go and do something less boring instead. After all, this is Melbourne!

--paj
Must admit I'm a bigger fan of the older Dr Who series. Especially the ones with Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker. I understand Sarah Jane Smith( Elizabeth Sladen) and K9 make a guest appearances in this series.
Old Jul 9th 2006, 9:07 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Bloke
The OH gets tapes of The Bill from her mum, despite being told it is on tv here. I suppose it makes her feel wanted.
Shhhhhh don:t tell her I had so much stuff to bring back this time that I took the labels off the tapes and left them for small children to tape Dr Who onto!!!!

PS Morning dear! Bit cloudy in Tokyo, but the beers good!
Old Jul 9th 2006, 9:16 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Dr Who in Australia

Helooooooooooooooooo... I was watching Dr Who in Australia when I was just a little tacker of 5!

Australia gets all the Who that you get in the UK; just a little bit later, that's all!
Old Jul 9th 2006, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

Must admit I'm a bigger fan of the older Dr Who series. Especially the ones with Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker. I understand Sarah Jane Smith( Elizabeth Sladen) and K9 make a guest appearances in this series.
yes she does - so my 11 year old tells me

thank you for your replies I have two happy boys now
Old Jul 9th 2006, 9:40 am

yes she does - so my 11 year old tells me

thank you for your replies I have two happy boys now
I've got one very rapped nephew in the UK who's (no pun intended) got just about every episode of the new versions + the Dr Who Dalek game. He made sure we played it when we were over in January.
Old Jul 9th 2006, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

I've got one very rapped nephew in the UK who's (no pun intended) got just about every episode of the new versions + the Dr Who Dalek game. He made sure we played it when we were over in January.
the children are mad on it over here - its taken off in a very big way

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.