Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Douglas Adams Speaks from 6 Feet Down Under

View Poll Results: Your response to Douglas Adams?
I love a challenge, whats an arm or leg?
71.43%
I'm going to Spain fo my adventure.
0%
Fauna says if all about the inhabitants!
14.29%
eeek. Eeek! EEEK! Eeek! eeek ... ...
14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Douglas Adams Speaks from 6 Feet Down Under

Old Mar 2nd 2003, 3:31 am
pankala

Default Douglas Adams Speaks from 6 Feet Down Under

Douglas Adams' view of Australia

DOUGLAS ADAMS' VIEW OF AUSTRALIA
Appreciated by Addendum

"It is interesting to note here that the Europeans always consider themselves vastly superior to any other race they encounter, since they can lie, cheat, steal, and litigate (marks of a civilised culture they say) - whereas all the Aboriginals can do is happily survive being left in the middle of a vast red-hot desert, equipped with a stick. Eventually, the new lot of people stopped being Europeans on Extended Holiday and became Australians.

The changes are subtle, but deep, caused by the mind-stretching expanses of nothingness and eerie quiet, where a person can sit perfectly still and look deep inside themselves to the core of their essence, their reasons for being, and the necessity of checking inside your boots every morning for fatal surprises. They also picked up the most finely tuned sense of irony in the world, and the Aboriginal gift for making up stories."

Last edited by pankala; Mar 2nd 2003 at 9:56 am.

Old Mar 2nd 2003, 1:07 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Don't forget what he has to say about snakes in oz.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
doulas adams (snakes) 02.txt (6.1 KB, 99 views)
Old Mar 3rd 2003, 11:49 pm
pankala

Default Re: Douglas Adams Speaks from 6 Feet Down Under

Originally posted by pankala
Douglas Adams' view of Australia

DOUGLAS ADAMS' VIEW OF AUSTRALIA
Appreciated by Addendum

"It is interesting to note here that the Europeans always consider themselves vastly superior to any other race they encounter, since they can lie, cheat, steal, and litigate (marks of a civilised culture they say) - whereas all the Aboriginals can do is happily survive being left in the middle of a vast red-hot desert, equipped with a stick. Eventually, the new lot of people stopped being Europeans on Extended Holiday and became Australians.

The changes are subtle, but deep, caused by the mind-stretching expanses of nothingness and eerie quiet, where a person can sit perfectly still and look deep inside themselves to the core of their essence, their reasons for being, and the necessity of checking inside your boots every morning for fatal surprises. They also picked up the most finely tuned sense of irony in the world, and the Aboriginal gift for making up stories."
Now I see why Pommies are deserting their home land in droves, haven't figured out their voting system (thats where youse tick multiple choice questions on who you'd like to give your taxes to).

Try the Aussie way, vote NOW or we'll come round and take your drinking money away.

Last edited by pankala; Mar 4th 2003 at 1:29 am.

Old Mar 4th 2003, 1:01 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Now I see why Pommies are deserting their home land in droves, haven't figured out their voting system (thats where youse tick multiple choice questions on who you'd like to give your taxes to).

Try the Aussie way, vote NOW or we'll come round and take your drinking money way.
The draw back with the Aussie way is you end up voting for a half wit either way , where as a low voter turn out in the UK puts the wind up the windbags ?

Last edited by pommie bastard; Mar 6th 2003 at 3:14 am.
Old Mar 5th 2003, 8:09 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Try the Aussie way, vote NOW or we'll come round and take your drinking money away.
The UK is more polite, we vote so our drinking money can be taken away through taxes. Nobody has to come round and take it, they do it at source.
Old Mar 6th 2003, 3:16 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by SteveBannister
The UK is more polite, we vote so our drinking money can be taken away through taxes. Nobody has to come round and take it, they do it at source.
Same here Pal then dip in at a rate of 65% of income direct and indirect , these bandits leave the Pom taxman standing.