Reload this Page >

Doubled posts...

Doubled posts...

Old Oct 24th 2002, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Juls is an unknown quantity at this point
Default More than Doubled posts...

Hi all,

Whats happened to the number of posts, mines more than doubled over night! Was it the fairies using the pc when I'd gone to bed ?

Anyway like the stars, got 4 of 'em, hey Grub you've been busy too got over 800 now I see and 5 stars.

Julie
Adelaide by early 2003

Last edited by Juls; Oct 24th 2002 at 1:07 pm.
Old Oct 24th 2002, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Grub is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Doubled posts...

[

QUOTE]Originally posted by Juls
Hi all,

Whats happened to the number of posts, mines doubled over night! Was it the fairies using the pc when I'd gone to bed ?

Anyway like the stars, got 4 of 'em, hey Grub you've been busy too got over 800 now I see and 5 stars.

Julie
Adelaide by early 2003
[/QUOTE]

Yeh- not sure how i have racked up the extra 500 overnight! I think i have had a visit from the same fairies as you! Guess what- HC London are processing May 11th 2001. 20 days to go (in theory!!!)
Old Oct 24th 2002, 10:47 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Doubled posts...

My guess is that when Paul put in the enhancements to the site and split the expats forum from the usenet newsgroups, and replicated whatever was on the old expat-newsgroup forum into the two separate entities, the counter was doubled.

The expats' Australia forum is now divorced from the usenet Australia newsgroup, and posts from one will not propagate to the other.

A bit of a mouthful, yes....

Peter (with suddenly 700+ more posts to my credit!)
Old Oct 24th 2002, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm.. sorry about that. I didn't think.

What I'll probably do is set the usenet groups to not count against the post count. What do you think?

But if I do that you probably won't have five stars anymore ptlabs
Old Oct 24th 2002, 1:04 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

What are the thresholds for the stars Paul ..??

Originally posted by Paul
Hmm.. sorry about that. I didn't think.

What I'll probably do is set the usenet groups to not count against the post count. What do you think?

Old Oct 24th 2002, 1:09 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Paul,

Hmmm.... I kinda like posting to Usenet as well as the Forum, really.

Five stars huh... At some point in time I guess everyone will be a 5-star general, then who's going to be the lowly foot-soldier? LOL

BTW, can we have 7-pointed stars instead of 5?

Cheers,
Peter
Old Oct 24th 2002, 2:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Alan Collett
What are the thresholds for the stars Paul ..??
I've just made another little adjustment and here's the thresholds:

50 posts = 1 star
100 posts = 2 stars
250 posts = 3 stars
500 posts = 4 stars
1000 posts = 5 stars

Except me; I always get 5 stars.

Usenet posts do not count towards the count.
The stars serve no purpose other than vanity.
Old Oct 24th 2002, 3:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

What are the 'usenet' posts. I have looked everywhere and what's the diff between them and the normal forum?

How come i get 5 stars (other than the fact i am ace!!!) yet have in reality only posted 300 odd (quite an achievement though considering all done within work time!!!).
Old Oct 24th 2002, 3:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oh no- I have been demoted!! Only 3 stars!
Old Oct 24th 2002, 3:25 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

Originally posted by Grub
What are the 'usenet' posts. I have looked everywhere and what's the diff between them and the normal forum?
Usenet posts are posts that do not count towards your stars hmph!

Seriously, if you're an old-timer on the Internet, Usenets would have been your staple food. It's kind of a collection of all the newsgroups online. Then, you'll be asking what a 'newsgroup' really is....

I got my counter cut by half.... grrrrrrrrrr
All that hard work replying to posts.... and not enough stars to show for it! LOL

Peter
Old Oct 24th 2002, 3:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by ptlabs
I got my counter cut by half.... grrrrrrrrrr
All that hard work replying to posts.... and not enough stars to show for it! LOL
Peter
Give yourself a nice 'custom title' instead... that might offer some consolation.
Old Oct 24th 2002, 3:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

That's not fair- how come you get 5 stars when you've only got 77 to yer name!!! (Elitism!)

PS Wot's a custom title, and have i got one?????

Give yourself a nice 'custom title' instead... that might offer some consolation.
Old Oct 24th 2002, 3:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Grub
That's not fair- how come you get 5 stars when you've only got 77 to yer name!!! (Elitism!)

PS Wot's a custom title, and have i got one?????
I get 5 stars coz it's my game!

You can set a custom title by going to http://britishexpats.com/forum/membe...on=editprofile
and then find the option that reads 'Custom User Text'.

I haven't actually tested it, so if you have problems let me know.
Old Oct 24th 2002, 3:52 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

I haven't actually tested it, so if you have problems let me know.
It works all right. I've been using it for a while now...