Wikiposts

Double Baggage

Old May 19th 2004, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

bryoak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Double Baggage

Hi all, we are looking into a one way air fare to melbourne via kuala lumpur, we wanted to get the extra double baggage allowance, as we have our visa's but apparently only Singapore air are doing this. Does anyone know differently?
Old May 19th 2004, 9:38 am

silvervfr is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Bryoak, I had a quote today for flights to Brisbane with Malaysia airways and they (Austravel) said that they gave 40kilo per person on one way tickets.

I believe Quantas do the same and the salesman told me most of the carriers did the same for migrants.

Ring around, try Austravel on 0870 166 2100 see what they say.

Nick
Old May 19th 2004, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

Terry is an unknown quantity at this point

Singapore will give you 40kg if you have visa and have not visited to validate, or you will only get 20kg.

terry
Old May 19th 2004, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

bryoak is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers i will give them a try.

Does anybody know if you can leave luggage in the airport in Kuala Lumpur, I dont fancy carrying all that to the hotel?
Old May 19th 2004, 11:05 am

silvervfr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by bryoak
Cheers i will give them a try.

Does anybody know if you can leave luggage in the airport in Kuala Lumpur, I dont fancy carrying all that to the hotel?
Yes you can but I don't know how much it is, especially if you have a far bit of gear!

The airport is really nice, if you are just using it for transit than you can get a shower within The "plaza" lounge for about £12 it includes food, beer and internet.

Nick
Old May 19th 2004, 11:14 am
Central Coasties, NSW!

GillettFamily is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone got any quotes yet for migrant flights? How much are they?
I can find a lot of one-way flights but non say they are migrant rates? And none have mentioned the extra allowance though I do know it exists.
Can anyone provide any info on this??

Old May 19th 2004, 11:31 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure how much this helps because I booked my one way flight through a travel agent beginning with Air Canada but he assured me that Malaysian Airlines adopted the same policy.
With myself and two children I was allowed 2 pcs of luggage each at 40 kilos per bag (Plus 2pcs carry-on). I even weighed them before leaving the house and found that my largest, heaviest bag was only about 30 kilos.
The seventh piece, I wound up paying an extra $115.00 to send regardless of my migration visa.

Also, I requested that my luggage be sent right through to Perth so that I did not have to pick it up anywhere (Mtl, London, Kuala Lumpur, Perth via Malaysian Airlines) and they were more than happy to send it right through. Of course, I had no layovers longer than 4 hours.

Are you booking with a travel agent? I'm sure they'll do the research for you if you ask. If not, ring the airlines and double check.

Cheers!
Christina
Old May 19th 2004, 11:55 am
Central Coasties, NSW!

GillettFamily is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Siren
Not sure how much this helps because I booked my one way flight through a travel agent beginning with Air Canada but he assured me that Malaysian Airlines adopted the same policy.
With myself and two children I was allowed 2 pcs of luggage each at 40 kilos per bag (Plus 2pcs carry-on). I even weighed them before leaving the house and found that my largest, heaviest bag was only about 30 kilos.
The seventh piece, I wound up paying an extra $115.00 to send regardless of my migration visa.

Also, I requested that my luggage be sent right through to Perth so that I did not have to pick it up anywhere (Mtl, London, Kuala Lumpur, Perth via Malaysian Airlines) and they were more than happy to send it right through. Of course, I had no layovers longer than 4 hours.

Are you booking with a travel agent? I'm sure they'll do the research for you if you ask. If not, ring the airlines and double check.

Cheers!
Christina
Thanks. We've not been to a travel agent yet. Most likely we'll book scheduled direct with the airline but we will be making a few longgggg stopovers before we get there and see abit of the world with the kids (14&11)first. So a multi stop may be our choice. I've done it with Air New Zealand and Air Canada before and they were pretty good.
It may be easier to just pay the extra baggage penalty so it seems.
Cheers!