Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Dotty Megastar look out Dame Edna!

Dotty Megastar look out Dame Edna!

Old Nov 14th 2003, 2:22 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road
Default Dotty Megastar look out Dame Edna!

OK is this a joke!! Did someone on here suggest I might like to do a bit of Catherine Zeta Jonesing on a life in OZ documentary??

Sorry, but I cant stop laughing, can you imagine it

Is this another "fan" coming up with ways to meet me or do I smell stardom, perhaps a double espisode with PB would be nice.

Lights action Make up NOW Please And make sure my bath is evian water.

I've emptied the PM box if you have a confession to make.
Old Nov 14th 2003, 2:29 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Dotty, does that you mean you are the latest of us to get approached by the researchers from BBC2?!!
Sorry, but if so, you're not alone! They've already had a go at some of us on here who have just arrived, with varying degrees of success. Perhaps they have decided to go for someone who's been here longer???
Are you going to do it? Stardom here you come??!!!
Old Nov 14th 2003, 2:57 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: Dotty Megastar look out Dame Edna!

Originally posted by dotty
OK is this a joke!! Did someone on here suggest I might like to do a bit of Catherine Zeta Jonesing on a life in OZ documentary??

Sorry, but I cant stop laughing, can you imagine it

Is this another "fan" coming up with ways to meet me or do I smell stardom, perhaps a double espisode with PB would be nice.

Lights action Make up NOW Please And make sure my bath is evian water.

I've emptied the PM box if you have a confession to make.
Yes I've got one too.. perhaps we should invite the pool cleaner and lawnmower man. Have you got your Tupperware ready? lol

I have not got around to making my home Brew this year "I want to be alone" as I flounce off declining (Greta Garbo).

I don't know if I should be insulted or what with this "as you had been quite vocal defending the UK " or words to that effect... me vocal.. never!! ..lol

cheers
Old Nov 14th 2003, 3:01 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like they've got bored with contacting us new people. Perhaps we have been too "rose-tinted" for them?
Old Nov 14th 2003, 3:42 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by Pollyana
Sounds like they've got bored with contacting us new people. Perhaps we have been too "rose-tinted" for them?

This is part of what they wrote in the PM, so if you didn't say it .. I suggest you get in touch with them for using your name:

"Polyanna suggested that we should contact you as you had been quite vocal on the forum in defending life in the UK and were possibly considering going back there so would be an ideal person to give us a different perspective."

No thanks, I prefer to keep my privacy , stardom just doesn't "do it" for me. :scared: lol

Cheers
Old Nov 14th 2003, 3:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Ceri
Yes I've got one too.. perhaps we should invite the pool cleaner and lawnmower man. Have you got your Tupperware ready? lol

I have not got around to making my home Brew this year "I want to be alone" as I flounce off declining (Greta Garbo).

I don't know if I should be insulted or what with this "as you had been quite vocal defending the UK " or words to that effect... me vocal.. never!! ..lol

cheers
Way to go Ceri, me and you lying by my pool with the pool guy feeding us grapes from the tupperwear threesome set

Shall we invite Pauline, just so we can name drop. Just off to dust of my ostrich feather pool gown

What is this defending the UK, thought I was quite realistic about it?? Rule Brittania wheres me flag.

Now PB that would have been an episode
Old Nov 14th 2003, 3:48 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally posted by dotty
Way to go Ceri, me and you lying by my pool with the pool guy feeding us grapes from the tupperwear threesome set

Shall we invite Pauline, just so we can name drop. Just off to dust of my ostrich feather pool gown

What is this defending the UK, thought I was quite realistic about it?? Rule Brittania wheres me flag.

Now PB that would have been an episode
We'll have to find KP too. (for the I love Aus point of view) .lol - I think he is on his travels somewhere comparing bean prices in different states though.
Old Nov 14th 2003, 3:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Ceri
We'll have to find KP too. (for the I love Aus point of view) .lol - I think he is on his travels somewhere comparing bean prices in different states though.
Old Nov 14th 2003, 4:45 am
Home and Happy

Now, thats not quite what I said to them! They were asking about the down side of being an expat in Oz, and I said I probably wasn't the best person to ask a) cos I've only just got here, b) am still a bit disorientated, c) am enjoying myself, and d) am stuck here if I want to get married, whether I keep liking it or not!!
I thought maybe they should contact some people from the forum who had been here longer, and were not so happy to be here. I did suggest both of you, Dotty and Ceri, as you've both been upfront pointing out the disadvantages of life here, and have both made no secret of the fact that you'd like to go back to the UK. I didn't say you were necessarily "defending" life in the UK, just that you thought it offered more than Australia - a viewpoint to which you're entitled, of course - each to their own. I think I said somewhere else recently that it would be a boring world if we all liked the same country!

Incidentally, if they have been using my name to anyone else, I only mentioned Dotty and Ceri, and one other person who had already contacted them (and had told me so)!
I think the pool guy scenario would be hilarious though! With the best Tupperware naturally!!
Old Nov 14th 2003, 10:57 am
Home and Happy

Amy from "Get a new Life" assures me she didn't mean to offend either of you, Ceri & Dotty, just hoped you'd take part - not sure she could cope with the pool guy though!
Would be good if someone could put forward a less positive veiw of living here, I have to say - we all know its not perfect, but I haven't any real examples yet. Though I have no vested interest in this programme at all, if its going to give a true view of life here, it does need some bad experiences in it too, otherwise its not worth it.
Old Nov 14th 2003, 11:31 am
Badge

I would only go on if they protect my identity, change my name

badge

Old Nov 14th 2003, 11:50 am
Home and Happy

If I agree to do it I shall probably insist on a name change and a bag over my head! Though the witch's hat would look quite good on TV, and Trouser (my furry snake, remember) has always had a yearning for stardom......
The Bloke just keeps muttering about wanting dollars first.....!!
Old Nov 14th 2003, 11:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Gee, I can hardly understand a thing in this post

OzTennis
Old Nov 14th 2003, 11:58 am
Home and Happy

Does that mean you can usually understand my posts? Oh no, I must be slipping! Its all this Aussie sun, its affected my brain!!!
Old Nov 14th 2003, 12:00 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollyana
Does that mean you can usually understand my posts? Oh no, I must be slipping! Its all this Aussie sun, its affected my brain!!!
What sun? It rains here 24/7, remember?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.