Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Dose it work down under?

Dose it work down under?

Old Feb 22nd 2006, 7:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dose it work down under?

hi guys,

does british TV, DVD, video recorder works down under, is it worth packing it, does any of the electrical stuff household, garden, works in australia, just want to know, before I packed them or should I just sell them.

farideh
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 7:43 pm
Nicest member ( I think)

meelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dose it work down under?

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
hi guys,

does british TV, DVD, video recorder works down under, is it worth packing it, does any of the electrical stuff household, garden, works in australia, just want to know, before I packed them or should I just sell them.

farideh
Don't know about TV's but the DVD palyers work cos we have one.
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 7:57 pm
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

hi guys,

farideh
Some TV's work and some don't. But if you run it through a oz video or cable/foxtel box it should work fine.
All other elec. products work fine as they have the same 240v as us. You will need to change the plugs and this would have to be done buy a electrician in oz as it could affect your insurance

Suni
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

Rachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud of

hi guys,

farideh
For the TV's that don't work some can be converted but this can be expensive you'd need to check if your model can be done or not. Good luck!
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

Koala Konnection has a brilliant futureKoala Konnection has a brilliant futureKoala Konnection has a brilliant futureKoala Konnection has a brilliant futureKoala Konnection has a brilliant futureKoala Konnection has a brilliant future

TVs that don't work (they lose the sound, not the picture) require an Aussie sound chip to be installed and that costs about $100.

We took our Philips TV and by selecting "Western Europe" from the menu selection on the TV everything worked fine. Philips, in the UK, told us it wouldn't work and that we'd have to take it to a Philips agent in Oz. Make of that what you will.

Paul
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 9:36 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

The picture will be upside down, but a simple swap on the connections will fix that.
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 9:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
The picture will be upside down, but a simple swap on the connections will fix that.

PMSL
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 10:41 pm

Scotty123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wol
hahahaha theres always one joker
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Koala Konnection
TVs that don't work (they lose the sound, not the picture) require an Aussie sound chip to be installed and that costs about $100.

We took our Philips TV and by selecting "Western Europe" from the menu selection on the TV everything worked fine. Philips, in the UK, told us it wouldn't work and that we'd have to take it to a Philips agent in Oz. Make of that what you will.

Paul
Ours is a phillips telly too and it works with sound and pics. Although in the beginning it didn't but that was due to the fact that we didnt have clue how to tune it. We have foxtell which sorted out most of the programmes, but digital foxtell doesn't have channels 10 and 7. We used a cheap top box for that. Anyway hubby finally found an online manual for a similar model with a similar controller which we managed to find out how to tune the telly. We actually left ours on UK and manually searched and it found them no probs.

Jo
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 9:28 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

hi guys,

farideh
tv's that have dual tuners eg uhf/vhf should work fine
most other things will work fine ...another idea is to get a 4-6 extension here in the uk and plug all you tv video dvd into that and then just change the put on that or use a travel adaptor ......not my idea these have been mentioned on here before