Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Doree Bonner vs John Mason

Doree Bonner vs John Mason

Old Apr 13th 2006, 1:50 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Doree Bonner vs John Mason

Hi.

We've just had the two respective representatives round to our place to talk turkey about shipping our stuff to Brisbane.

In summary, I found that the guy from Doree Bonner was very, very professional in his manner, abilities and ability to respond to pretty much any question.

Conversely, the John Mason chap turned up early and seemed to whizz through everything. It seemed as if he was more interested in starting his bank holiday weekend early.

The difference in attentiveness and professionalism was very noticeable. That's not to say that the JMI guy wasn't professional but rather that I thought the Doree Bonner guy was distinctly more professional and capable.

The other thing that stunned me is that the Doree Bonner quoted us 344 square feet whereas the JMI guy quoted almost 100 square feet more. The only item I forgot to mention to the Doree Bonner guy was a small coffee table resting in our garage roofspace. Surely, this doesn't account for 100 square feet? I think that this may be attributable to the rushed fashion in which the JMI guy did everything. The Doree Bonner guy went into every detail from mud on shoes to timescales according to part-load/full-load etc. The JMI guy needed prompting from me just to talk (well, he didn't really discuss anything) about some of the same issues. The difference in approximate cost was Doree Bonner £1500-£1900 and the JMI guy quoted £2500. Hmmmmm?

On the whole they do both appear to be very professional and able companies but we got a much better vibe from the Doree Bonner guy.
Old Apr 13th 2006, 1:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Doree Bonner vs John Mason

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Hi.

We've just had the two respective representatives round to our place to talk turkey about shipping our stuff to Brisbane.

In summary, I found that the guy from Doree Bonner was very, very professional in his manner, abilities and ability to respond to pretty much any question.

Conversely, the John Mason chap turned up early and seemed to whizz through everything. It seemed as if he was more interested in starting his bank holiday weekend early.

The difference in attentiveness and professionalism was very noticeable. That's not to say that the JMI guy wasn't professional but rather that I thought the Doree Bonner guy was distinctly more professional and capable.

The other thing that stunned me is that the Doree Bonner quoted us 344 square feet whereas the JMI guy quoted almost 100 square feet more. The only item I forgot to mention to the Doree Bonner guy was a small coffee table resting in our garage roofspace. Surely, this doesn't account for 100 square feet? I think that this may be attributable to the rushed fashion in which the JMI guy did everything. The Doree Bonner guy went into every detail from mud on shoes to timescales according to part-load/full-load etc. The JMI guy needed prompting from me just to talk (well, he didn't really discuss anything) about some of the same issues. The difference in approximate cost was Doree Bonner £1500-£1900 and the JMI guy quoted £2500. Hmmmmm?

On the whole they do both appear to be very professional and able companies but we got a much better vibe from the Doree Bonner guy.
john masons guy cant have been the same as our one.he stayed for nearly two hours.i nearly offered him abed.then ppss guy came and he was in an out in no time.but i still havent decided.x irishbloo
Old Apr 14th 2006, 7:05 am
Ready to go home!!!

Ginger1002 has a brilliant futureGinger1002 has a brilliant futureGinger1002 has a brilliant futureGinger1002 has a brilliant futureGinger1002 has a brilliant futureGinger1002 has a brilliant futureGinger1002 has a brilliant future

Hi.

Hi,

We will probably end up with going with John Mason because we have only got enough for a shared container and they have said that we will not actually pay anything until it is loaded into the container at their depot and they calculate EXACTLY how much cu ft you have, rather than just an estimate. The guy at John Mason said they always estimate a bit more especially in terms of amount of boxes. This seems a fairer way to do it as you are paying for exactly what you ship rather than what they have estimated. All the other companies quoted an estimate and this is what you paid.

Hope that helps

Emma
Old Apr 14th 2006, 8:25 am
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute

Hi.

Hi
we had a Barry Howden from John Mason and he seemed very nice, however couldn't give us a quote as they send them from the office ?? not even an idea .... anyway we also are having a rep from Doree Bonner next week and Crown and then will make a decision.
At the end of the day all we all want is our personal items to reach us safely!! it will be like christmas wont it, when we get it all !!!
Good Luck
Jane xx