British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   doree bonner (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/doree-bonner-316211/)

rangersman Jul 26th 2005 7:05 pm

doree bonner

Hi we have just had Doree Bonner around and they seemed very good and more helpful than john mason just wondered if anyone else has used them,
also they said I could convert my fairly new TV over there in Perth, has anyone done that how much does it cost. thanks

Bix da Boss Jul 27th 2005 2:53 am

Re: doree bonner

Originally Posted by rangersman
Hi we have just had Doree Bonner around and they seemed very good and more helpful than john mason just wondered if anyone else has used them,
also they said I could convert my fairly new TV over there in Perth, has anyone done that how much does it cost. thanks

Hi
Never heard of Doree Bonner or John Mason removals m8! Whoever you use, just seems pot luck whether they are good or bad! We used Allied Pickfords, highly recom. but were not happy with their 'lies' So, go with your gut feeling or cheapest quote maybe :confused:

Yes, some newer TV's can be 'converted', also depends on the 'brand' apparently. Don't know the exact cost but our friends did have theirs done and it wasn't that much, cheaper than buying a new one anyways :)

Good luck with your adventure -hope everything goes to plan for you.

:)

louise4 Jul 27th 2005 4:43 am

Hi, we used doree bonners and they were fantastic. brilliant form start to finnish. their removers were polite friendly and really couldn't do enough on the day of the move. they were full of useful info and tips as well.

the company they use the other end (grace) were just as good and really eased the tension of putting everything you own in one big box and floating it off into the sunset.

and if you haven't guessed i rate them highly :D

(no i don't get commision :) )

Bix da Boss Jul 27th 2005 5:04 am

I feel a bit guilty now after reading the message from louise4!

Pickfords - the UK end of things was fine, polite, efficient nice men, really helpful as was the UK office, no worries. It was the Australian end of things that went pear shaped! Spun many lies, just to shut us up! And to top it all, without the UK side knowing, they contracted out the delivery of our precious goods to some 'cowboys'!!! It was supposed to have been packed, shipped and delivered by Allied Pickfords, but this was not the case - and we paid more because we wanted this service! :(

Just thought I would set the record straight incase there are people reading this thread that are also using Allied Pickfords.

Cheers

louise4 Jul 27th 2005 5:15 am

Originally Posted by Bix da Boss
I feel a bit guilty now after reading the message from louise4!

Shame on you Da Boss :D

Bix da Boss Jul 27th 2005 5:23 am

Originally Posted by louise4
Shame on you Da Boss :D

Spending TOO MUCH time on this blasted site today!!! Not done a bl..dy thing :eek: Bix will be :mad: He's such a slave driver :D

He's da boss not me ;)

louise4 Jul 27th 2005 5:32 am

Originally Posted by Bix da Boss
Spending TOO MUCH time on this blasted site today!!! Not done a bl..dy thing Bix will be :mad: He's such a slave driver

He's da boss not me

yeah right :D

i have to put time restrictions on myself or the house would go to pot. the kids think they are orphans as it is :o as for hubby, i think he has been home in the last few days :eek:

Bix da Boss Jul 27th 2005 6:36 am

Originally Posted by louise4
yeah right :D

i have to put time restrictions on myself or the house would go to pot. the kids think they are orphans as it is :o as for hubby, i think he has been home in the last few days :eek:

LOL :D