Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

doortodoor sellers/jehovas witnesses

Wikiposts

doortodoor sellers/jehovas witnesses

Old Feb 15th 2004, 5:28 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by badgersmount
Righto Mrs D, I know where you live. I'll be over right away to preach to you then.

Badge

:lecture:
LOL, just dont try to sell me encyclopedias or vacuum cleaners
Old Feb 15th 2004, 5:29 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

We've had one set of religious nutters but I just did the "your breaking up, sjhflsduhauhs, SATAN IS GREAT"over the intercom.

If you want religious nuts move to Mid West USA. Every church in town jumps on you when you move in. I felt freakish for not being trailer trash or a church going god fearing type.
Old Feb 15th 2004, 5:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

BookBear is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by bondipom
We've had one set of religious nutters but I just did the "your breaking up, sjhflsduhauhs, SATAN IS GREAT"over the intercom.

If you want religious nuts move to Mid West USA. Every church in town jumps on you when you move in. I felt freakish for not being trailer trash or a church going god fearing type.
LOL! Reminds me of the email I got when I sent bf a line asking him if he'd made any plans for Valentine's Day:

"sorry..... email...... line....... is... breaking.....up....."
Old Feb 15th 2004, 5:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Trevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant future

My brother in law in canberra once had some godsquadders come to his house. They rattled on for about half an hour and just as they finished and were about to leave, my brother in law said "hold on, I listened to you, not its your turn to listen to me"

He banged on and on about something or other for three hours before he would let them go

They never came back!

Trev
Old Feb 15th 2004, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

Bella will become famous soon enough

Been here 3.5 months, just had 1 visit from JW. Told them I was an atheist but she carried on and on and on......... and on! No big deal though, to be polite & say no ta. They go eventually!
Old Feb 15th 2004, 6:29 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Oh, we had them come down our road on Saturday! Like a swarm of locusts. There were LOADS of them! Clever buggers, as well. They bring kids with them for the sympathy vote and so that you have to be polite to them. But why wouldn't we be polite to them anyway?

She took a Watchtower out of her bag and said, "Can I interest you in a few things that God has done?" I'm thinking to myself, "You've picked the wrong one here girlie!"

What I actually said was, "A few of the things that God has done? You mean like kill all the children on the planet apart from Noah's when he brought the flood? Or when he told Abraham to kill his son for a burnt offering? Or when God ordered the Israelites to kill all of the children in the cities that they invaded."

Well the little girl's jaw dropped to her knees! She looked up at her mum who could only say, "Well, I don't know where you heard that!" I said, "The Old Testement, perhaps you should try reading before you start preaching."

Then she said that the Jehovah's had learnt from past mistakes and now take children very seriously. To which I asked her, "Oh, is that why your organisation is full of paedophiles who evade prosecution by being moved to other areas in a cover up?"

She said, "I can see your not interested, Goodbye".

That poor child, I hope it has opened her eyes a bit. Hopefully, it might even save her.

Steve.
Old Feb 15th 2004, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Steve
You wicked sod I laughed my head off when I read this
Old Feb 15th 2004, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud of

Had one JW around a few minutes ago! Fortunately the baby was crying so I just said sorry gotta go goodbye.

Mummy
Old Feb 15th 2004, 11:54 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by debsy
Steve
You wicked sod I laughed my head off when I read this
You know me Debs, never one to keep my mouth shut when there is a difference of opinion!

Steve.