Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Doomed and desperate.

Doomed and desperate.

Old Jan 21st 2004, 2:06 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road
Default Doomed and desperate.

Well its finally happened. My hairdresser has decided to emigrate.
Well only back to Melbourne but she has gone.

This as only women will understand is a problem of grand scale. Especially in the land of the mullet. Fearing how I shall look for the next 6 months I spent the morning trudging round hairdressers.

First there are the $19.00 basic we dont even wash it shops:scared:

Then the $79.00 cut because we have leather chairs shop.

Then the open shop stuck next to a bakery so everyone can watch you shop.

Then the shop that looks like a tacky gift shop full of blue and yellow fish ornaments, various wallpapers and target purple towels.

Finally I gave in and was attacked by a rather gay gentleman, who seemed more interested in the revalation that my Brother in law is gay and now single again.

$49.50 later I have what can only be described as a hair disaster.

I can also fully understand why Australia has hairdressers at the top of its bloody most wanted list.
Old Jan 21st 2004, 2:20 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Simple:

Old Jan 21st 2004, 2:21 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes dotty, but is it still green ?
Old Jan 21st 2004, 2:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Well I guess the green will go if I take up Megs Hare Krishna suggestion, plus it would be cool in summer.

No what I need here, is someone to say look dotty I know this fabulous little hairdresser who wont turn you into a mullet. ( I am prepared to drive Brisbane is no Problem ).

Best alternative suggestion up here was a woman who does hairdressing in her garage, however the fact she also does dog grooming was of some minor concern.
Old Jan 21st 2004, 2:39 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

i have a major worry on my hands....for the last year i have had that blonde on top/ dark at the bottom style (plus a bit of grey when the roots grow through). Now i want to change it completely and get a new image. I am scared stiff to let some strange hairdresser loose on it in case i end up green too!!..or worse...BALD
Old Jan 21st 2004, 2:41 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, cant really help, the fact that Im contemplating driving to my old hairdressers at Loganholme for my next haircut should give some indication that I am having a similar problem to you in the hair department.

Errrrr except mines not green, although it did end up a distinct shade of pink after a weeks swimming in the pool at Port Douglas :scared: .
Old Jan 21st 2004, 2:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by podgypossum
i have a major worry on my hands....for the last year i have had that blonde on top/ dark at the bottom style (plus a bit of grey when the roots grow through). Now i want to change it completely and get a new image. I am scared stiff to let some strange hairdresser loose on it in case i end up green too!!..or worse...BALD
This is a serious thread. What other horrors are we to discover
Old Jan 21st 2004, 2:54 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

i would also like to add thsat i am only talking about the hair on my head... when i said blonde on top and dark on the bottom i didnt mean ummm...errrr...

forget it...

Old Jan 21st 2004, 2:55 am
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

I had heard of the problems in the follicular areas on arrival in Aus and thats when I had the No1 all over and have stuck with it since.
Ok so I've been robbed of my former sartorial elegance, butI've avoided the six weekly trauma.
Old Jan 21st 2004, 2:57 am
ABCDiamond

i would also like to add thsat i am only talking about the hair on my head... when i said blonde on top and dark on the bottom i didnt mean ummm...errrr...

forget it...

Can't forget it now, can we !!!

Old Jan 21st 2004, 3:02 am
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

My post loks a bit misleading after podgy's effort.

I only had the No1 on top, though I was informed by a rather tipsy colleague at the works xmas forago that she was very keen on fellas who had gone for the all over trim.
Old Jan 21st 2004, 3:04 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by RichS
My post loks a bit misleading after podgy's effort.

I only had the No1 on top, though I was informed by a rather tipsy colleague at the works xmas forago that she was very keen on fellas who had gone for the all over trim.
Do you mean a back, crack and sack wax?
Old Jan 21st 2004, 3:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by bondipom
Typical of this forum Innocent plea for help from a genuine immie and somebody has to turn the thread to smut
Old Jan 21st 2004, 3:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by bondipom

EWWWWWWWWWWWW...

Imagine having that task as a job!!!!...

"Hi...and what do you do for a living?"

"Oh...i have a very interesting job...i wax bum fluff"

:scared: :scared: :scared:
Old Jan 21st 2004, 3:10 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

EWWWWWWWWWWWW...

Imagine having that task as a job!!!!...

"Hi...and what do you do for a living?"

"Oh...i have a very interesting job...i wax bum fluff"

:scared: :scared: :scared:
Apparently a very popular request in the Mardi Gras build up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.