Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Don't worry about snakes & spiders, these ar eworse!!

Wikiposts

Don't worry about snakes & spiders, these ar eworse!!

Old Jun 5th 2004, 12:51 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by plumber
We have the same problem in wales , our cottage is full of them , got 4 traps placed in various places catching mice on a regular bases.
Did try the poison inh the trays , but the trouble is they eat the poison and then before its affective they've lose them selfs under the floor boards.....then you can't get to them .
After a couple of days the smells unbearable!

all the best plum ....get more traps...:scared:
My bro-in-law had that problem. He had to pull up a lot of floorboards to find the dead 'uns
Old Jun 5th 2004, 1:39 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Clean and Efficient - but - No Blood or Guts:

Old Jun 5th 2004, 2:08 am
Forum Regular

migrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the rough

Peanut Butter is the answer when using spring traps.

I've had mice in this and my previous home and had little success using cheese. Someone told me that mice love peanut butter so I tried smearing a little on small lumps of cheese. They go for it every time, even found the peanut butter gone and the cheese left behind when the trap failed to operate.
Old Jun 5th 2004, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

We caught hundreds over 22 years in rural Kent. Always used hazel-nuts. We had metal traps fixed to a heavy board along one of their regular routes. This was all in the loft - they never came into the house itself.

We used to catch the moles by hand in the garden! Humane relocation followed.

Lesley
Old Jun 5th 2004, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

My moter-in-law had the same problem and now has this special thingy plugged into her lounge socket. It sends out a sound unaudible to us but scares the bejebers out of the mice. Problem solved and no blood involved and guilt free living.

Cheers
Old Jun 5th 2004, 9:08 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Go with the chocolate option Not only does it attract the mice (did for us anyway when I was at uni) but you get to eat the leftovers too!

From the packet that is... not what the mice leave
Old Jun 5th 2004, 9:10 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by joho
My moter-in-law had the same problem and now has this special thingy plugged into her lounge socket. It sends out a sound unaudible to us but scares the bejebers out of the mice. Problem solved and no blood involved and guilt free living.

Cheers

I saw those advertised when I was in OZ, I think Big W sold them - apparently they were good for ants, spiders, cockroaches etc as well??
Old Jun 5th 2004, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Paylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nice

Originally posted by mlbonner
I saw those advertised when I was in OZ, I think Big W sold them - apparently they were good for ants, spiders, cockroaches etc as well??

Yes we moved over to those plug in thingies too - we run three around the house - you can just hear a feint click when the house is very quiet. Got ours from QVC - 3 for about £15 I think, works well against spiders, mice etc in the UK at least.

Peter
Old Jun 5th 2004, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Polster your bucket trap is pure genius you should win the inventor of the year award for that!

Must go out and buy a couple of buckets today. I already have the 1kg jar of peanut butter ready.

Those mouse repellent things sound useful as well. I will have to have sticky beak around Bigw.
Old Jun 5th 2004, 11:02 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by tinaj
Polster your bucket trap is pure genius you should win the inventor of the year award for that!

Must go out and buy a couple of buckets today. I already have the 1kg jar of peanut butter ready.

Those mouse repellent things sound useful as well. I will have to have sticky beak around Bigw.
Da Boss says I am a real pest so i know about these sort of things .....
http://www.pestfree.com.au/pestfreedomestic.htm
Old Jun 5th 2004, 11:03 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

.............and another ........

http://www.e-factor.com.au/
Old Jun 5th 2004, 11:52 am
ABCDiamond

and another ....
http://www.growinglifestyle.com.au/s...Pest_Repeller/

I use the Arlec one, (about $30) but don't know what it repels as we don't have any pests

It is set to repel spiders though, as I dont like them in the house

Old Jun 5th 2004, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

Bella will become famous soon enough

I've had a prob similar to this, like you I'm not especially freaked by mice but when I found their droppings on our bed base & under the sofa cushions I thought enough was enough :scared:

Our house owner paid for pest removals to come in & they sprayed the house against spiders at the same time. Mice returned shortly after so back came the pest people and since then, about 2 months ago, no more problems.............. yet!
Old Jun 5th 2004, 4:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Trevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant future

Mouse trap

A guy walks into a patent office and says "I would like to patent this mouse trap I have just invented", and places a piece of wood fitted with a knife blade, behind which is a piece of cheese.

The patent office guy says "ok, how does it work then?"

the guy says, "well the mouse comes along, sees the cheese, but when he tries to eat it, he cuts his throat on the knife and goodbye mouse!"

"Sorry mate, it will never work. You should go away and try to improve it, say introduce a sawing action to the knife blade"

The would-be inventor goes away, and returns the following week.

"OK here it is. And this time it has a sawing action" he says proudly, and puts down the exact same device, but this time, the cheese is missing

"I give up" says the patent agent. "Just how does this work then and where is the sawing action? "

"Well, the mouse comes along, puts his head over the knife blade, and looks from side to side saying 'wheres the bloody cheese gone?' "
Old Jun 5th 2004, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

karen p is an unknown quantity at this point

We had a couple of mice brought in by the cats and then
escaped. I tried various things on traps and what did the trick
were chocolate chip cookies!!!!

Good luck with your mouse elimination problem.

Karen

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.