Reload this Page >

Dont think they want me.

Dont think they want me.

Old Jun 1st 2004, 11:20 am
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough
Unhappy Dont think they want me.

Starting to get a bit worried.

Still waiting on a decision re my prospective spouse application. The last I heard was a request for a new police check (slight prob with name on previous one) from Australia House, asking for it to be returned by the 13/5 as that was when they were making a decision re my app.

Still not heard anything. Everythings up in the air re house sale etc, and even though I'm an optimist I'm starting to worry that there might be a problem.

When they said they were making a decision will they have meant that that is when they would start looking into it, and the process may still take a while, or would thay have made a decision on that day if they'd been happy with everything?

Anybody been in this situation?

Old Jun 1st 2004, 11:42 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dont think they want me.

Originally posted by loose

Still waiting on a decision re my prospective spouse application. The last I heard was a request for a new police check (slight prob with name on previous one) from Australia House, asking for it to be returned by the 13/5 as that was when they were making a decision re my app.

Still not heard anything. Everythings up in the air re house sale etc, and even though I'm an optimist I'm starting to worry that there might be a problem.

When they said they were making a decision will they have meant that that is when they would start looking into it, and the process may still take a while, or would thay have made a decision on that day if they'd been happy with everything?

It seems that if you have to submit something extra(like you), it takes much longer than normal.
Just like WBB.

It can take up to 4 months, and for some people it really does ( )

I'm quite sure it'll be right, especially since they haven't asked for any more evidence.

Old Jun 1st 2004, 11:43 am
Phoenixuk2oz

I know it's easier said than done....but don't worry loose

DIMIA don't work to the same timescales as everyone else in the world

There probably isn't a problem.....if there was..... you can bet your bottom dollar you'd know about it.....

Hang in there......all will come good......just gotta be patient friend

Old Jun 1st 2004, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

swissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to all

Keep your hopes up!!! It has only been a fortnight since you returned the police check, and May is a month with a lot of public holidays and long week ends!!! even if they work, maybe they had to make a few calls and the people were on public holiday.
If you havent commited any crime, they cannot refuse you!!!

Cheer up!

fabie
Old Jun 1st 2004, 12:16 pm
Re mem mem member

Cheers guys, maybe I just read too much into them giving a date of 13/5. Just hoped that cos everything else had been in a while we might get lucky and hear soon after that date.

Its just a bit tough cos you go through all the emotional side of accepting that you want to leave etc, then have to wait.

My fiance is over in Oz, and though we talk every day and give each other as much support as possible, its still frustrating for us both cos we want to start a life together.

Ah well, I'll keep my head down, and my fingers crossed!

Thanks again.

Old Jun 1st 2004, 12:16 pm
WBB

Originally posted by swissfabs
If you havent commited any crime, they cannot refuse you!!!
and as long as any crime you may of commited is minor or a long time ago you should still get a visa

hang in there, it will come.

Old Jun 1st 2004, 12:25 pm
Bloody Nice Bloke

ianj is an unknown quantity at this point

The hardest part is over mate (well for the application at least). You know you haven't been a bad lad and your meds were fine so it is really a case of sit and wait.

There are other bits that add to the worry and burden that we know about. Tie them in with the visa wait and it all becomes as if things are against you. There not mate and all will come good.

AND you will get to buy me that beer.......hopefully both here and on the flip side buddy.
Old Jun 1st 2004, 1:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Stay cool It will arrive the day you are least expecting it. Kick back and enjoy the glorious UK summer (not!).
Old Jun 1st 2004, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

Handyandy180 is an unknown quantity at this point

Chin up m8 i'm sure it is all in hand. I know its no help at this stage when everything is up in the air but i'm sure it will sort itself out eventually. Failing that we could always get blasted in Tuckers or The Ring 'o' bells
Good luck to all that are trying,
Regards Chris and Andrea

Old Jun 1st 2004, 1:47 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hang in there Loose, I'm sure it'll come through OK.
I know its easy for me to say, but just think logically; they haven't asked for more info about the relationship, have they? And there is no reason for refusal is there?
Someone told me when I applied for mine that I should also remember that when you're in different countries they are only gving you permission to enter and marry. The real proof of the relationship comes after you are here and living with your partner.

bet you do your Got It post soon....
Old Jun 1st 2004, 2:10 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Said it before, but I'll say it again....

Bad news always travels a lot faster than good news, so the fact that you've not heard anything is better than a refusal or request for more info.

As others have said, May is a cra*ppy month in terms of anyone getting any work done with all those holidays etc.

Sit tight, you'll get it before you know it.
Old Jun 1st 2004, 2:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

The saying goes ' no news is good news'.

Try not to worry, though all of us that have been through this no matter which visa we applied for have worried along the way.

Whisky
Old Jun 1st 2004, 3:46 pm
Re mem mem member

I know you're all right, and its good to actually be reminded.

I'm totally positive 99% of the time, its just the odd 1% thats the prob!

Just being a bit of Jess - be back on form tomorrow.

Cheers all.

Old Jun 1st 2004, 11:37 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Not surprised they had a bit of a problem with the name. They probably fell into the same trap as a few of us. Remember we thought you were a Lucy ?

Difficult being separated from your fiance. Perhaps you can get a good deal from Jack for a second hand wheelbarrow.

Loose, as everyone said, you are worrying unduly at this stage. Head up and onward lad
Old Jun 1st 2004, 11:51 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default No news...

Hi loose,

I did the same thing (pros visa) and they needed more info. I actually had to go back to court for another judgment.

Once I had done what they asked, it took ages to get the ok and I think I only got it when I did because I rang my officer to ask if she "had everything she needed" or if more was required.

It made her look into my file and go "Oh, that one is complete!"
I received the email requesting my passports that afternoon.

I agree with the masses, no news is good news. As long as there are no new requests, you can look forward to that confirmation email.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.