Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Don't think its a piece of cake!!!

Don't think its a piece of cake!!!

Old Nov 2nd 2003, 8:54 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice
Unhappy Don't think its a piece of cake!!!

They say its all right for you you don't have to pack as the shippers do it all.....

Don't believe them although the shippers pack you have to

Go through your clothes to sort out and throw
Sort out those awful coat hangers and etc.
Those many yeaars of cosmetics and toiletries half used and new but at the back of the cupboard
The shippers ask for like to like to be put in rooms.........
Moving all the ornaments to one room
all the books to one room
all the photograph albums and videos to one room
Emp[tying the cupbnaords of china and glass so you can fill them with duvets and cushions
The junk under the sink.........!!
Defrost and dry out - at least 3 days the fridges and freezers
use the washing machine for the last time, drain out the water completely and put in the cross bar
Hoover ready for the next owner in time for yu to clean down the vacuum and leave ready for the shippers
empty the loft......aaahhhhhhhh
finish emptying the garage/s.....even more aaahhhhhhhh
Look at the garden and the leaves (and scream)
Sort out the papers (45 years worth) throw away, keep, take with us, ship with us etc.
Visit the charity shop for the 20th time
valet the car ready for the new owner
fnd that list you lost and make sure you have done everything on it
(open a bottle and chill out.....I wish......)
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 10:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Don't think its a piece of cake!!!

Don't do the work for the shippers, let them earn their money,

like to like in one room nonsense..

Good luck
Mash...

Originally posted by yafm
They say its all right for you you don't have to pack as the shippers do it all.....

Those many yeaars of cosmetics and toiletries half used and new but at the back of the cupboard
Emp[tying the cupbnaords of china and glass so you can fill them with duvets and cushions
use the washing machine for the last time, drain out the water completely and put in the cross bar
Hoover ready for the next owner in time for yu to clean down the vacuum and leave ready for the shippers
Sort out the papers (45 years worth) throw away, keep, take with us, ship with us etc.
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

HeatherS is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with Mash, you are paying them a fortune after all!

We just kept everything where it was & took out everything that wasn't being packed the day before........then chilled!

Just waiting for Kent Removals to tell us when they are delivering.

Good luck with it all,

Heather
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 2:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice boys at Kent, can't put a metal bunk bed together for their life.

I gave them the instructions and it might aswell be in Urdu for all they cared!

It's still together, but I have several screws left over!

We are waiting for the rest of our stuff due in Port this weekend (at last!!)
Mash

B
Originally posted by HeatherS

We just kept everything where it was & took out everything that wasn't being packed the day before........then chilled!

Good luck with it all,

Heather
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 8:04 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mashiraz

Mash

B
Well told you mash ,should of used grace, ...... MM
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 8:08 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

What our we yer bloody mother!.:scared: .... MM
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 8:10 am
WBB

got to admit if they asked me to move stuff to one room i would be wondering what am i paying for, let them do it and if they dont like it give them the red card and get in someone else.

im sure they would buckle.

Old Nov 3rd 2003, 8:11 am
Banned

Good luck with it all,

Heather
Listen Heather , we do Corporate moves ,that can run to $30,000 , we even have to wipe the clients arse ....... MM
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

HeatherS is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mashiraz

Mash

B
Hi Mash, why didn't all your stuff arrive at the same time??

Did the container get into port on the day they originally said & how long was it in the depot?

Can't wait to sleep in a proper bed! We've got 5 air beds on the floor & camping chairs from Bunnings, the novelty is fast wearing off now!!

Heather
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 9:06 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Have to admit I waded in to help the 2 guys moving my pile of boxes out to the van, cos I felt guilty sitting there watching them! The shipping company had sent a bloke and his daughter, who couldn't have been more than 17, and I just couldn't sit and watch her moving my stuff while I sat in the middle of the chaos.
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 3:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

well we spent the weekend chucking stuff out and sorting rooms into whats staying and whats going ready for pss to arrive this morning, they have packed and wrapped everything in sight, even a dresser in my dining room thats not supposed to be going, i'm glad we sorted the stuff out and at least have a couple of rooms which are still usable and where i can shove important stuff that isnt going in the cotainer, this having the movers do everything for you would be fab if everythin g was going but it gets complicated when half your stuff is staying.

Roll on tomorrow to see if everything fits in the container:scared:

Lynn
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 6:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Yafm, did PSS tell you to put alike stuff together? I am going off of them now! I won't be doing this as I will still be at work when they come so I wont have the time.

Hope it all goes well for you. When are the packers coming?
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 6:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

It's a shame that Icant ask that woman from the BBC to come round and chuck all of my belongings on the front lawn and chew all the junk up in her giant incinerator!
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally posted by debsy
It's a shame that Icant ask that woman from the BBC to come round and chuck all of my belongings on the front lawn and chew all the junk up in her giant incinerator!
I wish I had one of those crushers at home, it would save all those trips to the dump Mind you it looks a bit pathetic the one on the show, I think i could crush things more effectively by jumping up and down on them a few times
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 9:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Heather,

Unfortunately when push came to shove 5 items didn't fit in the 20' even though we scaled down what we were taking. Unfortunately they didn't tell us it was a tight fit until the last thing, so the 5 items left weren't what we would have prioritised as last . So we've had to put them in a part container which has taken 3 months to fill up enough to send on. We've now heard it's delayed a week in port, so not too happy at the moment.

The main shipment was on time to the minute and ran incredibly smoothly, so I think it's just unlucky.

It's nice when stuff gets here...
Mash

Hi Mash, why didn't all your stuff arrive at the same time??

Did the container get into port on the day they originally said & how long was it in the depot?

Can't wait to sleep in a proper bed! We've got 5 air beds on the floor & camping chairs from Bunnings, the novelty is fast wearing off now!!

Heather

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.