Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Dont think the agent is happy

Dont think the agent is happy

Old Nov 5th 2003, 3:16 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light
Unhappy Dont think the agent is happy

because........... i rung em up today to tell them that i had booked the meds. The reason being they will need to send out the medical forms for me............ (which they are doing at the begining ov december)

But because they will be done unrequested (unless adelaide have a mad spirt)........ i will have to get new passport pics done as the ones which i gave to the agent for the meds were posted off with the application....... from what i gather adelaide stick them on the appropriate forms when you are requested b4 they send them out........ never mind.

The agent was concerned about us having enough validating time......... when we do the meds we will have 4 months left ov the 50 weeks.......... surely its not gonna take a further 8 months after the 50 wks to get (fingers crossed) a grant is it?

Agent did confirm that Lauren needed a police check done.......

Did i mention about the house goin on the market.......... I thought to myself girl - keep ya gob shut!!!!!! so i did

love boomie
xxxx

Last edited by Boomie; Nov 5th 2003 at 3:41 pm.
Old Nov 5th 2003, 3:29 pm

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light
Default omg

it didn't take Heywoods long to put my house online.......... pics were only taken yesterday........

boom
xx
Old Nov 5th 2003, 3:31 pm
Bubble blowing member

ohsohopeful is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dont think the agent is happy

Good on you guys, go for it.

We didn't tell our agent until after the meds were completed and in our hands! He wasn't so impressed either, but there you go. We're not too worried about validation timescales, the day that visa arrives, we are off!

Keep us up to date.
Old Nov 5th 2003, 3:43 pm

Originally posted by ohsohopeful
Good on you guys, go for it.

We didn't tell our agent until after the meds were completed and in our hands! He wasn't so impressed either, but there you go. We're not too worried about validation timescales, the day that visa arrives, we are off!

Keep us up to date.

Hiya........ what type ov visa are you applying 4?

and how many months into limbo land were you when you had them done?

What is the situ with ure application at the mo............. any ideas?

love lisa
xxxx
Old Nov 5th 2003, 3:45 pm
Bubble blowing member

ohsohopeful is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Boomerang
Hiya........ what type ov visa are you applying 4?

and how many months into limbo land were you when you had them done?

What is the situ with ure application at the mo............. any ideas?

love lisa
xxxx
We are applying for 139, skilled independent

We did the meds after 3 months I think

Heard nothing on the application, we are now just over 5 months in. Hoping to hear something early 2004!
Old Nov 5th 2003, 3:45 pm
earlswood

Arn't Agents different!!

We emailed ours last week expecting a similar response.
We suggested to him (the wonderful George Lombard )
that we may do them in Jan and he said "get em done December!!"

Go for it Lisa!!

Anita x

Old Nov 5th 2003, 3:47 pm

Originally posted by earlswood
Arn't Agents different!!

We emailed ours last week expecting a similar response.
We suggested to him (the wonderful George Lombard )
that we may do them in Jan and he said "get em done December!!"

Go for it Lisa!!

Anita x
Thanx for the reply.....

December anita.......... what's ure timeline........ and are you skilled ind. too?

lisa

xx
Old Nov 5th 2003, 3:53 pm
earlswood

Hi Lisa,

Skilled Ind... yes, sent Visa app end July......... want to put house on market spring.

Probably acting a bit early but after some of the recent comments thought we had better be a bit pushy as we havn't even had the acknowledgment

Anita x

Old Nov 5th 2003, 6:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

Hey Lisa,

Don't take no stick from the agent, just remember he/she WORKS for YOU!
I am always amazed when people post that they're frightened of contacting their agent........for hells sake you are paying a lot of money for them!
Old Nov 5th 2003, 8:02 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Hi Lisa and Andy,

I saw you're "Sod it" thread and after reading it and speaking to Wayne and Hazel (Rudy) at the last Essex meet who have done the same thing, we decided to book our medicals anyway. We booked them for the last week in November. Today I bottled out and cancelled them, 'till January anyway. After reading a few threads, I didn't want to be the one responsible for losing our agents 100% success rate!

Our application was acknowleged on 21st May. If a previous post is right and May Apps. are having medicals requested Mar/Apr, then that's pretty close to 50 weeks, let alone the time it takes to book the meds., police checks, the agents time, postage time and then sorting out the bond money when it's asked for!

We got our medicals forms from Aus House. What was the point in them sending us the forms if we can't use them!

Steve.
Old Nov 5th 2003, 8:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys,

i think you are doing the right thing going for your meds.

It's getting to that time of year where DIMIA start banging the app's through to forfil their end of year quotas ( june ), so you should be fine.

Remember, as Rossi said, YOU are paying the agent to do a job for YOU, it's not a case of them doing you any favours.

Kick some butt.......!!!!!
Old Nov 5th 2003, 9:00 pm
WBB

Originally posted by SteveBannister
I didn't want to be the one responsible for losing our agents 100% success rate!
your agent has a 100% pass rate?

do you mind me asking who it is?

Old Nov 6th 2003, 12:13 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Rossi
Hey Lisa,

Don't take no stick from the agent, just remember he/she WORKS for YOU!
I am always amazed when people post that they're frightened of contacting their agent........for hells sake you are paying a lot of money for them!
Rossi,

The agent is an agent because they know the score, they know the system because most of them used to work at DIMIA.

I reckon if you spend all that money you need to listen to them and take their advice. The 50 week timescale could easily be longer for reasons none of us can foresee.

Boomerang could easily have to do their medicals again or worse still, get a visa with a few weeks left to be validated and a house still on the market.

I'm not saying take shit from the agent but I can see how agents would get frustrated at clients going off and doing stuff without telling them or against their advice.
Old Nov 6th 2003, 11:32 am

Default Thanx all

thanx all for your relpies.........

and Renth i take on board what you are sayin ........ and what u say is very true.....

however........ it was the agent who suggested that January was the around the time when she feels our meds will be requested.

I did ring the agent up a couple of weeks back to ask about meds.... and she said that it was up to us if we wanted to get them done....... but she did advise not b4 January.....

So we thought that the 19th and the 23rd of January would be ok... ......It will be 8 months into our application when we take them so we did not feel it was a premature timescale.......... I have seen quite a few peeps doin theirs earlier than this.

love boomie
xxxxxxx
Old Nov 6th 2003, 3:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by Boomerang
because........... i rung em up today to tell them that i had booked the meds. The reason being they will need to send out the medical forms for me............ (which they are doing at the begining ov december)

But because they will be done unrequested (unless adelaide have a mad spirt)........ i will have to get new passport pics done as the ones which i gave to the agent for the meds were posted off with the application....... from what i gather adelaide stick them on the appropriate forms when you are requested b4 they send them out........ never mind.

The agent was concerned about us having enough validating time......... when we do the meds we will have 4 months left ov the 50 weeks.......... surely its not gonna take a further 8 months after the 50 wks to get (fingers crossed) a grant is it?

Agent did confirm that Lauren needed a police check done.......

Did i mention about the house goin on the market.......... I thought to myself girl - keep ya gob shut!!!!!! so i did

love boomie
xxxx
Hi Lisa

Having our meds done at end of this month, agent ok, sending us the forms in case the ones from Aus House don't arrive (few people have said they are still wait to rec them from there)

Police checks gone off too so will be just waiting again in new year!!

still only the entire contents of house to sort out then.....

Love T xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.