Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Dont pay for Foxtel installation in oz.....

Dont pay for Foxtel installation in oz.....

Old Oct 30th 2005, 7:00 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dont pay for Foxtel installation in oz.....

I had sky in the uk and when I phoned foxtel to enquire about their service I was told about the different packages and also the quite high installation fee.

All I did was act a little apprehensive about entering into a contract, told them that their mother company in the uk doesnt charge any installation fee and a quick word from the sales rep to the supervisor ended in the offer to install the dish and box for $20 !
Old Oct 30th 2005, 7:11 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dont pay for Foxtel installation in oz.....

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
I had sky in the uk and when I phoned foxtel to enquire about their service I was told about the different packages and also the quite high installation fee.

All I did was act a little apprehensive about entering into a contract, told them that their mother company in the uk doesnt charge any installation fee and a quick word from the sales rep to the supervisor ended in the offer to install the dish and box for $20 !
I just got mine done for $10 and a further $10 for the first months full package
Old Oct 30th 2005, 7:30 am
Banned

Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
I just got mine done for $10 and a further $10 for the first months full package
I was outside a couple of minutes ago, its been peeing rain all day and the snails were plentiful. I watched them as they slowly move up the side of the house and it reminded me of your internet connection :P lmao
Old Oct 30th 2005, 8:15 am
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
me too
Old Oct 30th 2005, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

robert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud of

We got foxtel installed for $20. Wished we hadn't bothered. Sky TV in the Uk was quite good, we think Foxtel is a load of S**t. Normal Oz TV is not that bad compared to Foxtel and it is free, we are now stuck with Foxtel for 2 years
Old Oct 30th 2005, 8:33 am
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by robert cowan
We got foxtel installed for $20. Wished we hadn't bothered. Sky TV in the Uk was quite good, we think Foxtel is a load of S**t. Normal Oz TV is not that bad compared to Foxtel and it is free, we are now stuck with Foxtel for 2 years

Granted it's not as good as Sky but anything's got to be better than Aussie terrestrial tv - it's dire...CSI Miami and the Simpsons! At least with Foxtel you get South Park 24/7

R
Old Oct 30th 2005, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

Jempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to all

Hi, I was thinking of getting foxtel when I get over, I thought it would be just like sky. Thinking an Ozzy (Murdock) owned sky, that he would have his fingers in that pie to.
Old Oct 30th 2005, 8:41 am
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by samnrob2

Granted it's not as good as Sky but anything's got to be better than Aussie terrestrial tv - it's dire...CSI Miami and the Simpsons! At least with Foxtel you get South Park 24/7

R

I agree and i can also keep in touch with UK news on Sky News UK.
Old Oct 30th 2005, 8:44 am
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Linda Lushardi
I agree and i can also keep in touch with UK news on Sky News UK.
In fact its got pretty much all the channels we watched in the UK and Foxtel's has a better turn round of movies so come to think of it it's probably better than Sky...and you get 4-5 premiership matches each weekend - way more than in the UK!!

R
Old Oct 30th 2005, 9:00 am
Banned

Originally Posted by robert cowan
I agree mate ! I would rather watch oz terrestial, foxtel is a pile of camel poo
Old Oct 30th 2005, 9:08 am
New South Welshie

<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold

I agree mate ! I would rather watch oz terrestial, foxtel is a pile of camel poo
Not sure which channel it was, but when I was over in Sydney last month, my hotel had Foxtel......there was one channel that had Frasier, Mash, Married With Children, Something About Raymond, all that stuff. It was great, a bit like the Paramount Comedy channels in the UK. What channel is that and is it on Freeview?

Not much else on though
Old Oct 30th 2005, 10:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

Got to agree ,its crap.Kids watch Nick jr,hubby tries to watch motorbike racing(but usually misses it cos were out)i tend to watch normal TV.
It was a real must have for hubby but even he says we wont renew the contract.
donna
Old Oct 30th 2005, 10:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

We told them that we weren't interested in a 2 year contract and that we were only interested in a 6 month deal, they said that was fine. Of course, we have just carried on with it and are going on for two years now guess thats' what they are betting on
Old Oct 30th 2005, 11:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by <")))><
Not sure which channel it was, but when I was over in Sydney last month, my hotel had Foxtel......there was one channel that had Frasier, Mash, Married With Children, Something About Raymond, all that stuff. It was great, a bit like the Paramount Comedy channels in the UK. What channel is that and is it on Freeview?
That would be "The Comedy Channel" or "The Comedy Channel + 2" onFoxtel.
Old Oct 31st 2005, 1:39 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by <")))><

Not much else on though
That would be TV1 channel.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.