Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

don't panic Mr Mainwaring

don't panic Mr Mainwaring

Old Mar 10th 2003, 7:39 pm
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice
Default don't panic Mr Mainwaring

Well,our visas have to be validated by May 7th,so one way or another we'll be going anytime between April 28th and then.
Have a buyer for our house,but like others here,had buyers before,it aint over till the cheques in the bank.hope i've not put a curse on it.
So,do we book one way now ? can we change to return flights if it goes booby doobies up ?
Do we take Buttsniffer,especially now that import permits have gone up loads-you can get a lot of dog for 2 grand in Aus ,I'm sure.Jnr BB can't live without him,may have to bribe him with a hooky Playstation 2 !
Exchange rate---aghhhh!
Shipping-woahhhhh!
Questions questions.As I've given so much usefull info here,always well researched and truthfull,hope it's o.k to ask dumb questions over the next few weeks.
Keep getting asked if we have any family in Oz-say "no,that's why we're going"

BB-this made sense in my head,but not when I read it !

p.s heard from Grub,they're o.k and very excited
Old Mar 10th 2003, 8:05 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

On the one way tickets phone Trailfinders, in London they are pretty good about ticket changes and information should be able to help or at least give advice.

Could you leave the house sale in the hands of a friend or relative for the last stages? We are currently trying selling (no buyer yet) our house in the UK and internet and faxes keep us informed. We have given power of attorney to two relatives for the final signature bit.

Best of luck getting it all sorted.

Cheers
Old Mar 10th 2003, 8:06 pm
jaz
Forum Regular

jaz is an unknown quantity at this point

We have one cousin in oz, but we arent going to live there, and guess what, thats why we're going too.

Its good to hear people rant out loud, coz it makes me feel normal.

Just had a good rant today to my hubby as a matter of fact.

Will you keep in touch when you get set up there, it would be good to hear how you get on.
Old Mar 10th 2003, 8:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: don't panic Mr Mainwaring

Hiya,

Pass our love to Grub, glad they are ok, need to hear more obviously!!

So BB Manor has been snapped up, well done and I hope it all goes through. We have started on that road and after 4 days on the market we are losing hope!!! God forbid if we have to wait as long as you

Ask your questions and let us all help.
Cheers
Mash...

Originally posted by baldbutts
Well,our visas have to be validated by May 7th,so one way or another we'll be going anytime between April 28th and then.
Have a buyer for our house,but like others here,had buyers before,it aint over till the cheques in the bank.hope i've not put a curse on it.
So,do we book one way now ? can we change to return flights if it goes booby doobies up ?
Do we take Buttsniffer,especially now that import permits have gone up loads-you can get a lot of dog for 2 grand in Aus ,I'm sure.Jnr BB can't live without him,may have to bribe him with a hooky Playstation 2 !
Exchange rate---aghhhh!
Shipping-woahhhhh!
Questions questions.As I've given so much usefull info here,always well researched and truthfull,hope it's o.k to ask dumb questions over the next few weeks.
Keep getting asked if we have any family in Oz-say "no,that's why we're going"

BB-this made sense in my head,but not when I read it !

p.s heard from Grub,they're o.k and very excited
Old Mar 10th 2003, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ginny is an unknown quantity at this point

BB,

I have every bit of me crossed for you guys and the house. You're wee head must be frazzled with all this worry. Have you started looking at flights or are you hanging about still?

I hope all goes well for you. Let us know how it's going.

Take care

Ginny and the Hendersons
Old Mar 10th 2003, 10:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

Dear Baldbutts are you my hubby in disguise???

We too have sold again (3rd time) and have to validate by May, not sure of date, daredn't look! Anyway, we booked holiday flights, returns, but now it looks as though there is a possibility house sale may go through in time, there again, as we know to our cost, it might not!!

Going 4 weeks tomorrow, won't know till last minute whether we've exchanged or not, so the next 4 weeks are going to be awful. Are we going for good, or aren't we?????????????????????

Removals etc will have to be organised at last minute, as will everything else. Not a nice position to be in!!

Went to my daughters parent's evening tonight and just didn't mention the fact we might be gone for good soon, just couldn't do it! It's so nerve wracking.

Anyway, we've decided to keep the return flights, didn't cost too much extra, then they're there if we need them. If we've exchanged contracts before we go then we'll arrange shipping, if we haven't we'll have to make the decision whether one or all of us come back.

Hope it goes well for you, but I think you'd better book flights soon. Okay so returns cost a bit extra and you lose the extra luggage allowance, but we didn't want to risk losing the visas.

All the best

Loopy
Old Mar 11th 2003, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

sashimi is an unknown quantity at this point

You guys should all join up for BBC's "Trading Up" programme, the featured houses all seem to sell the very next day

Don't have your problem, don't have a house to sell, so I don't know whether to go alas, or wish I had the hassle knowing that I would get some money out of it in the end when the sale goes through.

But good luck to you all with your selling nightmares

Sashimi
Old Mar 11th 2003, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

Shikse is an unknown quantity at this point

Crikey, so much to do in so little time! We're flying out from Heathrow to Perth on May 4th - Singapore airlines.
Old Mar 11th 2003, 6:29 pm
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice

Thanks for the replies guys.Sometimes you get wrapped up in your own world and forget others have had very similar occurences.Apologise in advance if my usual Chris Tarrant style of wit and repartie appears like sarcasm in the coming weeks,gonna be a bit manic in Baldbutt Manor from here on in.

Sandra-thought about leaving the house while we're out there,but it's our one and only form of investment,so wouldn't be able to afford 2 mortgages for long-and besides,we've already given the Butler his notice!
Jaz-didn't mean to rant,would you believe I wrote the thread sober !Don't worry,I'll keep in touch,but don't think yourself normal if you relate to anything I say.
Mash-I'll let Grub keep you all informed,wouldn't want to steal their thunder.Good luck with the house,ours was just a difficult one to sell-we'll learn from it.And Mash,this must be the first time you've replied to something of mine in ages-if not ever ! Thought i was on your ignore list
Ginny-My heads been frazzled for years Got in touch with Singapore airlines for prices-£1170 inc taxes for 2 adults & 1 kid & can change to return at anytime if need be.Drove up near our ex useless agents house today-or should I say mansion.Can't believe that it'll be 3 years next month when we visited him for the first time and set the migration ball rolling
Loopy-does your hubby have a back,sack & crack thrice monthly-if so,he could be me.Got BB jnr's parents evening tomorrow,we'll tell his teacher we're off then,cos he's told most of the school already.He was off sick last week,and the kids told their parents we'd emigrated!
Sahimi-love to trade up,but Posh n Becks won't sell
Shikse-tell us about it,I've still got to tell Mrs B We're off-I might just say I'm going for a news paper-complete with 2 suitcases.

So,I'll probably ask all the usual things-flights,pets,movers etc,but you know what it's like,nice to have a personal reply.

BB-as the most rockingest band ever once said-it's the final countdown (I hope)
Old Mar 11th 2003, 6:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry BB, didn't intend to - just the first time you've said anything worth responding to

Only jokin!!

Msah...

Thanks for the replies guys.Sometimes you get wrapped up in your own world and forget others have had very similar occurences.Apologise in advance if my usual Chris Tarrant style of wit and repartie appears like sarcasm in the coming weeks,gonna be a bit manic in Baldbutt Manor from here on in.

Sandra-thought about leaving the house while we're out there,but it's our one and only form of investment,so wouldn't be able to afford 2 mortgages for long-and besides,we've already given the Butler his notice!
Jaz-didn't mean to rant,would you believe I wrote the thread sober !Don't worry,I'll keep in touch,but don't think yourself normal if you relate to anything I say.
Mash-I'll let Grub keep you all informed,wouldn't want to steal their thunder.Good luck with the house,ours was just a difficult one to sell-we'll learn from it.And Mash,this must be the first time you've replied to something of mine in ages-if not ever ! Thought i was on your ignore list
Ginny-My heads been frazzled for years Got in touch with Singapore airlines for prices-£1170 inc taxes for 2 adults & 1 kid & can change to return at anytime if need be.Drove up near our ex useless agents house today-or should I say mansion.Can't believe that it'll be 3 years next month when we visited him for the first time and set the migration ball rolling
Loopy-does your hubby have a back,sack & crack thrice monthly-if so,he could be me.Got BB jnr's parents evening tomorrow,we'll tell his teacher we're off then,cos he's told most of the school already.He was off sick last week,and the kids told their parents we'd emigrated!
Sahimi-love to trade up,but Posh n Becks won't sell
Shikse-tell us about it,I've still got to tell Mrs B We're off-I might just say I'm going for a news paper-complete with 2 suitcases.

So,I'll probably ask all the usual things-flights,pets,movers etc,but you know what it's like,nice to have a personal reply.

BB-as the most rockingest band ever once said-it's the final countdown (I hope)
Old Mar 11th 2003, 6:38 pm
Free at last!

Houdini is on a distinguished road

BB I think you'll find the most rockingest band ever sang "Winds of Change", which is still applicable to your situation no doubt.

Rock on!
Old Mar 11th 2003, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

Shikse is an unknown quantity at this point

An open return ticket means you won't be able to get that double baggage allowance - your gonna have to wait a couple of months for your thongs to arrive, maybe longer, as customs will have to fumigate them at Freemantle. This may cause you even more unecessary stress..............
Old Mar 11th 2003, 8:10 pm
huge,throbbing member

Originally posted by Shikse
your gonna have to wait a couple of months for your thongs to arrive, maybe longer, as customs will have to fumigate them at Freemantle.
sure that any ladies customs officers will fumigate them with a good sniff to the gusset

BB-how low can I go
Old Mar 11th 2003, 8:12 pm
huge,throbbing member

Originally posted by mashiraz
Sorry BB, didn't intend to - just the first time you've said anything worth responding to

Only jokin!!

Msah...
Were you not around when i posted "why my mutt licks his nutz " ?. Surely the most informative post since Tipper's (R.I.P) holiday diary.

BB-tired & emotional
Old Mar 11th 2003, 8:42 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Were you not around when i posted "why my mutt licks his nutz " ?. Surely the most informative post since Tipper's (R.I.P) holiday diary.

BB-tired & emotional
I heard a rumour that elderly Aussies are stitching lead into their mattresses due to the impending arrival of some dodgy weak armed sparky, apparently he's from Kent do you know him??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.