Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

DONT NOT USE - Moves R Us - Gold Coast

DONT NOT USE - Moves R Us - Gold Coast

Old Aug 13th 2007, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

paulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nice
Default DONT NOT USE - Moves R Us - Gold Coast

We were meant to move house last Friday and the furniture removal company "Moved R Us" stated that they would be there after 12 o'clock. At ten past 12 I rang them to be informed that they had called us (wrong mobile number - too many digits but never rang the house) and therefore gone to there next job! I asked if they would be coming back later to be told that I would be better to call another company if I wanted move.

If you want someone to turn up on the day at the right time then dont ring Moves R Us.

Cheers and happy moving x
Old Aug 13th 2007, 9:57 am
I've got time . . . . .

temptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: DONT NOT USE - Moves R Us - Gold Coast

Move one were good in the gold coast. Gave a 10 dollar an hour discount for us to $100.

Two lads worked hard and did a good job. We gave em some VB for their efforts.

Old Aug 13th 2007, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulhill
We were meant to move house last Friday and the furniture removal company "Moved R Us" stated that they would be there after 12 o'clock. At ten past 12 I rang them to be informed that they had called us (wrong mobile number - too many digits but never rang the house) and therefore gone to there next job! I asked if they would be coming back later to be told that I would be better to call another company if I wanted move.

If you want someone to turn up on the day at the right time then dont ring Moves R Us.

Cheers and happy moving x
We used Rite Move. They charged us $88 an hour for a big truck and 2 men. Sending Karma your way.

Stacey
Old Aug 14th 2007, 12:25 am
Feathered Member

Budgie has a brilliant futureBudgie has a brilliant futureBudgie has a brilliant futureBudgie has a brilliant futureBudgie has a brilliant futureBudgie has a brilliant future

Likewise, don't use Backloads in Sydney. They were pretty cheap - but on the day of our move up to Brisbane they were due to turn up at 9am. From 10am to 2pm I made several calls to their office only to be told by the support person that he couldn't contact the operations department, as he only had an e-mail address and not a phone number for them, therefore he couldn't confirm where they were. He did helpfully offer to send an e-mail to them, though... hmmm, very useful.

From 2pm onwards, I started giving them a lot more abuse, as I'd arranged that they had to pick up some of our stuff from a storage place which shut at 6pm. We'd also already carried all our stuff from our apartment down 3 flights of stairs to the street and didn't exactly relish the idea of leaving it there overnight.

They finally turned up at 5pm, just in time to get into the storage company 5 mins before they closed. The reason they were late? "Oh, the driver for your job didn't turn up so we're the replacement crew". Would have been nice to have been told that at 9am. Never, Never, Never again. Backloads.com - steer clear of them.