Don't Give UP

Old Feb 14th 2006, 7:36 am
Living the dream

kars has a brilliant futurekars has a brilliant futurekars has a brilliant futurekars has a brilliant futurekars has a brilliant futurekars has a brilliant future
Talking Don't Give UP

Hi Everyone

We found out yesterday that we have perminent visa and still can' believe it!
We would never have applied if it wasn't for this site. When we visited friends in Adelaide 2 years ago we thought we were too old to even consider getting in OZ (I'm now 42 and my other half 43) but after reading all the posts and looking into it abit more we realised we could get in.

My husband didn't finish his City & Guilds as his Foreman at the time said if he went back to college there wouldn't be a job for him. Another reason why we didn't think we would get in. The section of the company he worked for at the time closed 12 years ago but we managed to find a manager there who remembered him and wrote a fantastic reference. This along with his current reference was enough to get his TRA.

We then were sponsored by Victoria, and finally got through our meds etc.
So the moral of this story is DON'T GIVE UP - it's taken 16 months and alot of mixed emotions, but we have finally made it!!!

Sallyx
Old Feb 14th 2006, 8:08 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Don't Give UP

Originally Posted by kars
Hi Everyone

We would never have applied if it wasn't for this site. When we visited friends in Adelaide 2 years ago we thought we were too old to even consider getting in OZ (I'm now 42 and my other half 43) but after reading all the posts and looking into it abit more we realised we could get in.

My husband didn't finish his City & Guilds as his Foreman at the time said if he went back to college there wouldn't be a job for him. Another reason why we didn't think we would get in. The section of the company he worked for at the time closed 12 years ago but we managed to find a manager there who remembered him and wrote a fantastic reference. This along with his current reference was enough to get his TRA.

So the moral of this story is DON'T GIVE UP - it's taken 16 months and alot of mixed emotions, but we have finally made it!!!

Sallyx
Hearty congratulations to you both. Are you off immediately? Bet you can't wait.
Old Feb 14th 2006, 8:11 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Well done on getting in and good luck.
Old Feb 14th 2006, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

pazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to all

Hi Sally,

Firstly Congratulations.

You mention your OH didn't finish his City & Guilds, from what i've heard, from a recent meet in Gold Coast, the aussies don't recognise our qualifications. I'm a brickie and finished my City & Guilds and also 4th year Advanced Craft. By all accounts, on the meet i spoke to JJL Family (John), and he told me they weren't recognised by the Aussie building companies and he had to go to college for 2 month to get the qualifications needed for his license.

Good Luck

Steve.
Old Feb 14th 2006, 8:24 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone

Sallyx

I am really pleased for you.

When we first made enquiries, we were told because my husband didnt have formal training in his profession, that there was no hope. It was only determination, a refusal to give up and researching different sites, that I realised we did have a chance.

Only half way there though, but we are still grabbing it.

I love hearing about stories like yours Sally because it proves it can happen.

Good luck

Sam
Old Feb 14th 2006, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

LesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to all

A big congratulations to you. Its a strange wonderful feeling after waiting so long. We received ours last month and go next week. Best of luck to your new future
Old Feb 14th 2006, 8:26 am
Account Closed

mashy is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Don't Give UP

Hi Everyone

Sallyx
Well done! Made up for you.
Old Feb 14th 2006, 8:50 am
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

Huge congratulations!!!

Kris xx