Don't come to Perth. The weather is

Don't come to Perth. The weather is

Old Sep 20th 2005, 11:47 pm

NKSK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Don't come to Perth. The weather is

crap.

Honestly.

It's been raining for 3 weeks.

I'm one of the shallow people who moved across the world for the weather only.

And I've just e-mailed DIMIA to ask for my money back.
Old Sep 20th 2005, 11:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Don't come to Perth. The weather is

Phew!!

Lucky I read this before I chose my destination!!

P.S. It was a lovely sunny day in Manchester today!!!
Old Sep 20th 2005, 11:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NKSK
crap.

Honestly.

don't know if thats a joke or you really did go to OZ for the weather but I bet many did.........in fact I would guess at least 50% went to OZ for the weather .....thats pretty sad
Old Sep 20th 2005, 11:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Xgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NKSK
crap.

Honestly.

I love the sun and rain...you can't sway me, lol.
Old Sep 21st 2005, 12:18 am
BE Enthusiast

RReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by psb182
don't know if thats a joke or you really did go to OZ for the weather but I bet many did.........in fact I would guess at least 50% went to OZ for the weather .....thats pretty sad
Amongst other things, the weather was a big factor in our decision to move. I guess I must be sad . But, I haven't been disappointed. It's made me realise what a huge influence the weather has on my lifestyle and mood. I'm not sure I could ever go back to the cold, grey, weather of the UK.
Old Sep 21st 2005, 12:25 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone is saying what a long winter this one is turning out to be here in Perth.

IS IT EVER GOING TO END?
Old Sep 21st 2005, 12:32 am
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RReed
Amongst other things, the weather was a big factor in our decision to move. I guess I must be sad . But, I haven't been disappointed. It's made me realise what a huge influence the weather has on my lifestyle and mood. I'm not sure I could ever go back to the cold, grey, weather of the UK.

I agree the weather should be a factor and I guess everyone is different in what they call good weather but it would not be near the top of my list on deciding to move.......I personally hate very hot and humid as well as very cold weather so at the minute the UK looks pretty good to me
Old Sep 21st 2005, 12:59 am
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

I agree the weather should be a factor and I guess everyone is different in what they call good weather but it would not be near the top of my list on deciding to move.......I personally hate very hot and humid as well as very cold weather so at the minute the UK looks pretty good to me
yeah at the minute..............

Wait a week or so and itll be firkin freezin!!

alk

We re moving purely for the weather, and all that goes with an outdoors lifestye instead of being stuck in the hgouse everyweekend in manchester cause its p1ssing it down. Bring me sunshine!!

Walking to work in youyr shorts and t shirt.
Being sat on the verandah til silly am when its nice and warn nights.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....that s better

alk
Old Sep 21st 2005, 1:03 am
BE Enthusiast

RReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud of

Lifestyle was the top of our list and the weather is a major factor in lifestyle. I love being warm (even hot and humid). We spend so much more time outside doing things rather than staying in to avoid the cold and rain. I'm starting diving lessons soon - I wouldn't even consider diving in UK
(although there would be less sharks ). I'm doing archery this afternoon and my daughter is off kayaking at the moment. The climate here has given us the opportunity to try new sports and experiences.

Rachel
Old Sep 21st 2005, 1:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by alkristensen
yeah at the minute..............

Wait a week or so and itll be firkin freezin!!

alk

We re moving purely for the weather, and all that goes with an outdoors lifestye instead of being stuck in the hgouse everyweekend in manchester cause its p1ssing it down. Bring me sunshine!!

Walking to work in youyr shorts and t shirt.
Being sat on the verandah til silly am when its nice and warn nights.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....that s better

alk

it doesn't get cold in England.......when I said cold I meant real cold
Old Sep 21st 2005, 1:15 am
Banned

alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

hi,m
thats exactly why we are going. We are sick of being cooped up indorrs cause of the wearther. Plus i am a qualified diver and cant wait to go in those crystal clear warm waters to do the thing i love the mosty. The closest youd get in the uk would be a pit or bog or quarry where you can see 2cm in front of you and you have to wear a dry suit with central heating in summer!!

Where are you in the sunshine coast please and why do you like it,
#

as we are looking for places to live in nov on our reccie and validation trip?

Also ive heard that they have just sunk a battleship hmas brisbane just off maloolabah and its supposed to be a great dive

alk
Old Sep 21st 2005, 1:16 am
Banned

it doesn't get cold in England.......when I said cold I meant real cold
as cold as scotland??

have you felt th north sea on your nips in winter??
Old Sep 21st 2005, 1:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

Yes the winter does seem to be hanging on a bit although we've had a few nice days this week (where were you?) I need the warmth to help shift my lurgies
Old Sep 21st 2005, 1:24 am
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

I'm not one to complain - but this has struck a chord with me. We arrived in Perth in April and the weather has been pretty shonky since. Yes, yes, I know its winter but FIVE months of winter. Come on!

The tornado we had at the weekend was the icing on the cake. It cut a swathe down our street - so many houses damaged. It felt like the house was going to take off - very scarey. When I ventured out at 7am Saturday to see what was going on it was a bleeming war zone! Next door's roof was in their next door's pool, the house behind them had moved its roof onto someone elses roof. Trees down everywhere. Gaping holes in loads of roofs. People were wandering around in their PJs in disbelief.

We've got our first visitors arriving next week - I shall be advising them to bring wet weather gear and fleeces!

And yes, I know, give me six more months and I'll probably be moaning about the heat!
Old Sep 21st 2005, 1:27 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Its definitely on the turn, last Friday(25C) was nice and then Saturday was :scared: Monday was good(25C) again and then showers yesterday..
Its averaging around 19C for this month, not that bad for the end of winter start of spring really.
Its rained more than 1mm on less than half the days this month, so hasnt really been that wet.
Its not really until Nov/Dec that we'll get the guaranteed min 30C everyday through to around May

I guess if your moving here primarily for the weather dont come in Autumn as you'll have 3 or 4 months to wait before you get the real nice weather.
Steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.