Reload this Page >

Don't Come to Australia

Don't Come to Australia

Old Mar 23rd 2010, 10:04 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Don't Come to Australia

Originally Posted by wilson01
tell me more please. Im meant to be heading to Mornington and curious to know why they stayed there for such a short time?
Too many Australians I believe.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 10:07 am
Random Member

Peepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to behold

tell me more please. Im meant to be heading to Mornington and curious to know why they stayed there for such a short time?
Don't worry, it's a lovely place honestly. Heres a pic to prove it
Attached Thumbnails Don't Come to Australia-peninsula-mornington-beach5.jpg  
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 10:08 am
Random Member

Peepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Too many Australians I believe.
Hmm, I heard it was the price of the lettuce, scandalous dontcha know!
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 10:10 am
Account Closed

With my truthful hat on I can tell you that the Mornington Peninsula is a frost free area. So it is unlikely that ice was seen on the rails at Point Nepean. I think Sean was having a dig at "our" seasons.

The peeps that left after a week and a half. The main problem was that it was not England. Things like car rego is done slightly different to the tax disc. That sort of thing. Sad but true. The upside is that they are now happier with England.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 10:13 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Don't Come to Australia

Originally Posted by Newbie_and_Leaving
I've been in Melbourne two months, my experiences:

1. Customs & Excise charge the earth for inspection and do not do their job. They are trying to charge me $850 for destroying a plastic bucket that they say contains "traces of chemicals" - it's detergent you morons!!

2. Job agents are the worst I have ever encountered, bad manners is just one of their traits.

3. Tram inspectors behave like The Gestapo and are racist, they bully old people and are afraid of youths who DO evade paying.

4. The train operators cannot even gets their clocks in synch let alone run a service!

5. An internet connection is the most expensive of any of the 6 countries I have lived in.

6. The Govt allow a duopoly for the supermarkets, therefore any item is twice the price it should be.

7. Every public official I have had to deal with wants money to do their job.

And I haven't even started on the cost to live here....

Australia - great place to holiday a nightmare to live, I'm off and so is my taxable income.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 10:14 am
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

Good job I read this post when I did, I was planning on booking my flight soon.

Oh well, at least I now know that I wasted my visa application, and will stay here in the UK.

Thanks for saving me the hassle.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 10:14 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Oh dear, threads like this don't go down too well in the OZ forum

Great name though
We love them. What you on about?

I just hate the bit when the ukopians turn up
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 10:18 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Peepster
Don't worry, it's a lovely place honestly. Heres a pic to prove it
That bit in the foreground is the start of a walk where you can walk through people's gardens. Start at the point you can see in the foreground and head off to the right. The land is owned up to the cliff edge but because of the Queens Chain the public have right of way. They do however try their best to make it look like you're not supposed to be there.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 10:19 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

With my truthful hat on I can tell you that the Mornington Peninsula is a frost free area. So it is unlikely that ice was seen on the rails at Point Nepean. I think Sean was having a dig at "our" seasons.

The peeps that left after a week and a half. The main problem was that it was not England. Things like car rego is done slightly different to the tax disc. That sort of thing. Sad but true. The upside is that they are now happier with England.
I sure was, truth be known I enjoyed my short stay enormously. Bone tinglingly cold but excellent beer, great food, nice scenery & wonderful company What more could I ask for
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 10:23 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

We love them. What you on about?

I just hate the bit when the ukopians turn up
Oh that's a shame..put the dummy back in
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 10:28 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Attached Images  
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

Cuppa10 has a brilliant futureCuppa10 has a brilliant futureCuppa10 has a brilliant futureCuppa10 has a brilliant futureCuppa10 has a brilliant futureCuppa10 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Newbie_and_Leaving
Australia - great place to holiday a nightmare to live, I'm off and so is my taxable income.
Well whoopty ****ing do.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 10:35 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

They really do seem to wind people up don't they.

I particularly like the folks still in the UK, telling the Op in Oz, that he's talking bollocks.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 10:41 am
Just Joined

Mark Janet is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

No one is perfect and No one country is perfect. Its depend on our looking strategy. If we look with only negative thoughts than paradise also bad in our sense. So, please try to come our from this negative points. And think positive for all.

Thanks,
Mark Janet
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 11:08 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Great name though
Oh I think they do The locals have a lot of fun with these threads, entertains us on rainy nights.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.