Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Don't Come to Australia

Don't Come to Australia

Old Mar 26th 2010, 1:08 am
Banned

swigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to all
Default Re: Don't Come to Australia

Originally Posted by Zambia
I did read it

The Husband is not a fan of the Welsh (north lot mainly but he's not overly fussy with his dislike)

She simply states her husband is not a fan of the welsh. She has made no offensive remarks about the welsh or denied them anything. Stating it on a public forum is really not an attack.

Basically I think the fact someone somewhere does not like the Welsh is hardly a revelation. She cant turn around and say her husband does like the Welsh just because its caused a stir.
Affective Prejudice refers to what people like and dislike: for example, in attitudes toward members of particular classes such as race, ethnicity, national origin, or creed.

For example, If I said I disliked Pakistanis especially the ones from the north without giving a reason, would you class that as prejudiced?

Many would class it as racist too.
Old Mar 26th 2010, 1:22 am
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by swigski
Affective Prejudice refers to what people like and dislike: for example, in attitudes toward members of particular classes such as race, ethnicity, national origin, or creed.

For example, If I said I disliked Pakistanis especially the ones from the north without giving a reason, would you class that as prejudiced?

Many would class it as racist too.
You are correct not liking someone is Affective Prejudice but its no problem, its just a big word for not liking.

If I did not like black people yet was concious to not allow this feeling to hinder or harm them in any way. Yet if I was asked what are my feelings towards black people I would state "I dont like them"

Would I be racist?
Old Mar 26th 2010, 1:44 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zambia
In a free and democratic society it is perfectly acceptable not to like a another nationality. It is only your actions or comments that can be deemed prejudice or racist.

Or am I just mad?
Nope, sounds like a perfect summing up to me
Old Mar 26th 2010, 1:45 am
Forum Regular

joydot is a jewel in the roughjoydot is a jewel in the roughjoydot is a jewel in the roughjoydot is a jewel in the rough

by any chance can we move this part of the thread to a separate discussion on prejudice etc which is in itself interesting? for some strange reason when i click on this thread am doing it to hear why someone suggests it unwise to move to oz (stroppy migrants excluded, of course). am sure there are lots of reasons why people dont like living in oz and i need to decide if they are relevant to the health and happiness of my present family and ancestors before i move them yet again. there is only one thing more annoying than bitching on forums and its the sound of my daughter howling 'YOU moved us here'...
Old Mar 26th 2010, 1:54 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joydot
there is only one thing more annoying than bitching on forums ...
That and people whinging about people that whinge.
Old Mar 26th 2010, 1:55 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joydot
by any chance can we move this part of the thread to a separate discussion on prejudice etc which is in itself interesting? for some strange reason when i click on this thread am doing it to hear why someone suggests it unwise to move to oz (stroppy migrants excluded, of course). am sure there are lots of reasons why people dont like living in oz and i need to decide if they are relevant to the health and happiness of my present family and ancestors before i move them yet again. there is only one thing more annoying than bitching on forums and its the sound of my daughter howling 'YOU moved us here'...
Threads are evolutionary and the original poster scarpered after trolling 3 posts. I must say though, I have to disagree with you - I certainly don't find the the subject of prejudice or racism through quotes toward the Welsh in the least bit interesting and certainly not deserving of its own thread.

I do agree that bitching and point scoring becomes old real fast though.
Old Mar 26th 2010, 2:10 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lord_Farquar
That and people whinging about people that whinge.
People whinging about people whinging about people that whinge?
Old Mar 26th 2010, 2:12 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
Its a triple negative whinge. Which is...er....confusing.
Old Mar 26th 2010, 2:14 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Centurion
Its a triple negative whinge. Which is...er....confusing.
I've mostly given up whinging now! I just tend to laugh it off when I have a bit of bad luck or get pissed off. I have been rofl for ages now!!
Old Mar 26th 2010, 2:18 am

I have been rofl for ages now!!
Does that give you back ache ? But then I have a tiled floor. It's quite hard. Would be different on a nice shag pile I would imagine.
Old Mar 26th 2010, 2:22 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
Does that give you back ache ? But then I have a tiled floor. It's quite hard. Would be different on a nice shag pile I would imagine.
Nah, that just gives carpet burn which is embarrassing to explain to your loved one.
Old Mar 26th 2010, 2:24 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

People that whinge about people whinging, often don't realise that by whinging they are, in fact, whingers that whinge about the whinging of whingers.

P.s. I am bored today.
Old Mar 26th 2010, 2:26 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord_Farquar
People that whinge about people whinging, often don't realise that by whinging they are, in fact, whingers that whinge about the whinging of whingers.

P.s. I am bored today.
No shit sherlock!
Old Mar 26th 2010, 2:36 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by swigski
If 500 people from all over the world move to a deserted island tomorrow all of different ethical, cultural and colour backgrounds and survive for 100 years would you regard them as indigenous?

If 500 people from a specific area moved to that same deserted island and shared similar language, culture, skin colour and still inhabit that island today where people still speak the same language, would you more likely regard them as indigenous?
No and No. Now if they eveloved from that area originally (they have to come from somewhere).
Old Mar 26th 2010, 2:36 am
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

I don't not never remember this thread not being about prejudice?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.