British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Don't Come to Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/dont-come-australia-660698/)

soapy© Mar 25th 2010 10:46 am

Re: Don't Come to Australia

Originally Posted by MartinLuther (Post 8447479)
I think some need the reassurance that the problem lies with the peas and not them :D

take them out of the freezer then lol:lol:

Pollyana Mar 25th 2010 10:49 am

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 8447394)
I think that would be anti germs. There'll be a support group for them, rising up to fill you up with sick germy things. You must be careful.

I'll survive, I'm spending the next few days with a nurse so if I have got any nasty germy things I'll be in the right place to get them cured :lol:

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 8447394)
Look at me, I had leeks for tea :eek::lol:

:thumbup: Did your husband have some too?:lol::sneaky:

MartinLuther Mar 25th 2010 10:53 am

Originally Posted by soapy© (Post 8447486)

Is that a coded analogy for "**** off home then"? :unsure: :blink:

Pollyana Mar 25th 2010 10:53 am

Originally Posted by MartinLuther (Post 8447479)
I think some need the reassurance that the problem lies with the peas and not them :D

Originally Posted by soapy© (Post 8447486)

They taste better with lots of mint too...and when served with Welsh lamb, well, top ingredients for the perfect Sunday lunch.......:lol:

soapy© Mar 25th 2010 10:54 am

Originally Posted by martin83 (Post 8443664)
I came to Australia in 2007 and left after 6 months of being on a holiday visa as work was very very limited.. I was 24.

I'm now 26 and 1 month ago came back out here again on a Permanent Residency visa. I now also have 2 children (one of which was born here 2 weeks ago). I intend on staying here for good.

I think living here is what you make of it.. At the time of leaving Australia in 07 i thought I was doing the right thing but regretted it after a few months..

I knew coming out here the second time that I was going to come across hard times when all I would want to do is go home but I think that if you are serious about living here then you have to give it at least a year.. Otherwise, how are you able to really and truly able to make a conclusion about a country, or even a city the size of Melbourne in any shorter time period?

Everyone is going to have things they dislike about living here, but surely there is enough that is better than other countries to at least warrant weighing up the good against the bad?

Although i'm struggling to find work that's right for me, I love it here.... There are so many other people in the world who envy those of us who are brave enough and have the ability to come to Australia, the other side of the world, to start a new life.. Now i'm gonna head out on the veranda and enjoy the afternoon sunshine with a beer!!!

i look at as a bath of water. stick yir toe in. then decide if its too hot or cold for ya.
the wife likes a hot shower i like them cold. so from now on i have decided that i am wrong and will never shower again lol:lol:

soapy© Mar 25th 2010 10:55 am

Originally Posted by MartinLuther (Post 8447507)
Is that a coded analogy for "**** off home then"? :unsure: :blink:

sometimes i wish i did think like that lol

MartinLuther Mar 25th 2010 10:59 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 8447508)
They taste better with lots of mint too...and when served with Welsh lamb, well, top ingredients for the perfect Sunday lunch.......:lol:

Now you guys have got me hankering after that traditional Welsh dish, Faggots and Peas. :D

Has the word faggot been banned yet? :unsure:

soapy© Mar 25th 2010 11:00 am

Originally Posted by MartinLuther (Post 8447524)
:D

Has faggot been banned yet? :unsure:

so he doesnt like australia either :unsure:

soapy© Mar 25th 2010 11:01 am

Now you guys have got me hankering after that traditional Welsh dish, Faggots and Peas. :D

:

you wont like them, i dont ;)

MartinLuther Mar 25th 2010 11:03 am

Originally Posted by soapy© (Post 8447526)
so he doesnt like australia either :unsure:

:lol:

Pollyana Mar 25th 2010 11:03 am

Originally Posted by soapy© (Post 8447510)
i look at as a bath of water. stick yir toe in. then decide if its too hot or cold for ya.
the wife likes a hot shower i like them cold. so from now on i have decided that i am wrong and will never shower again lol:lol:

Have you told the wife yet? I guess you could be sleeping in the garen soon!!!

Mmmm thats something I haven't had for ages, a real faggot :o:unsure:......not quite as good as roast lamb though.......:rofl:

soapy© Mar 25th 2010 11:07 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 8447532)
Have you told the wife yet? I guess you could be sleeping in the garen soon!!!

:

are you mad, she would deport me lol:unsure:

Pollyana Mar 25th 2010 11:10 am

Originally Posted by soapy© (Post 8447536)
are you mad, she would deport me lol:unsure:

See you at the airport, if you tell her tonight you can be on the same flight as me tomorrow! :lol:

soapy© Mar 25th 2010 11:11 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 8447544)
See you at the airport, if you tell her tonight you can be on the same flight as me tomorrow! :lol:

remember i havent showered since this thread started:ohmy:

moneypenny20 Mar 25th 2010 11:29 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 8447491)
I'll survive, I'm spending the next few days with a nurse so if I have got any nasty germy things I'll be in the right place to get them cured :lol:

:thumbup: Did your husband have some too?:lol::sneaky:

Yup, enjoyed chopping them up with a sharp knife too. :sneaky::sneaky: