Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Don't Come to Australia

Don't Come to Australia

Old Mar 25th 2010, 5:16 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Don't Come to Australia

Originally Posted by DeadVim
On a related theme but, as is traditional, totally off-topic ... who thought another South Wales was a good idea?
I'll bet the sheep would have voted against it if the government had put the choice of State name to a referendum?
Old Mar 25th 2010, 5:21 am
Just Joined

ingridhart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Centurion
Do you really believe that Tesco are an ethical business or any better than those two ? You do not become the worlds number 4 retailer by being nice I'm afraid.

Australia should be proud of the fact that it still have the majority of retailers who are independent. Something that cannot be said of the UK for a great many years since the coming of the superstore and the demise of the small family business.
It's called progress!!!
Old Mar 25th 2010, 5:37 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cuppa10
Welsh are just white people.
They're no different than Scottish or English people.

(Apart from the fact that English people are superior.)
They only think they're superior.
Old Mar 25th 2010, 6:16 am
Banned

swigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to all

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
The Welsh are NOT a race - fact.
I didn't say he disliked ALL Welsh, I said he wasn't a fan and that he's not overly fussy with his dislike - fact.
I didn't admit he was bigoted - I said he was possibly and it was a joke against my husband, and that - oh you know what this is more than silly.

I won't be reporting your post because quite honestly you're showing yourself up quite beautifully on your own and I don't need to help you. I would say though, you're not a great example of a Welsh person. It's a good job I know some lovely ones, I'd hate to have to assume they were all like you and to agree with the husband, he may decide he wants me to do that more often. - That was a joke by the way, in case you didn't get that one either.
So are you now saying your initial post was a joke?

Why would you joke he was bigoted if you did not believe his views to be?

You state that you would hate to assume they were all like me and agree with your husband!

Couldn't care less if you report me.

If I am showing myself up by standing up for my beliefs, then so be it.

Rather that than by being racist, nationalistic,xenophobic, bigoted...
whatever you choose to call it to lessen it's effect!

I've had some PM's supporting what I'm saying and that there have been other cases of blatant racism which have been scoffed at by some of the moderators.

If you want to take the P**s out of me as a Welsh individual, that's fine.

To group WELSH people all in the same way and make derogatory remarks is racism. FACT!!!
Old Mar 25th 2010, 6:24 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by paulry
A strange thread this: "Australia is Cr@p"......"How dare you! The UK is worse"...."Hubby dislikes the Welsh"....."That's soooo racist!"....."Maybe you should have considered NSW?"....."What rubbish, Melbourne is better than Sydney!"

When you put it like that...

Old Mar 25th 2010, 6:26 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ingridhart
It's called progress!!!
That's debateable...
Old Mar 25th 2010, 6:28 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by swigski
To group WELSH people all in the same way and make derogatory remarks is racism. FACT!!!
No it's not. FACT!
Old Mar 25th 2010, 6:30 am
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deancm
No it's not. FACT!
To be fair Dean he used capitals so it must be fact ....
Old Mar 25th 2010, 6:31 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

So are you now saying your initial post was a joke?

Why would you joke he was bigoted if you did not believe his views to be?

You state that you would hate to assume they were all like me and agree with your husband!

Couldn't care less if you report me.

If I am showing myself up by standing up for my beliefs, then so be it.

Rather that than by being racist, nationalistic,xenophobic, bigoted...
whatever you choose to call it to lessen it's effect!

I've had some PM's supporting what I'm saying and that there have been other cases of blatant racism which have been scoffed at by some of the moderators.

If you want to take the P**s out of me as a Welsh individual, that's fine.

Oh jeez, get over yourself, seriously. Find a book to read or something. No one took the piss or was abusive but if you have such a huge chip on your shoulder to believe there was then that's your problem not mine. I seriously couldn't care less.
Old Mar 25th 2010, 6:32 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Zambia
To be fair Dean he used capitals so it must be fact ....
Oh that's right. Capitalisation supersedes all argument... But I capitalised my "FACT!". does that count?
Old Mar 25th 2010, 6:37 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deancm
No it's not. FACT!
I actually like Welsh people BUT I would never go so far as to contemplate keeping one as a pet?
Old Mar 25th 2010, 6:42 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

From an anthropological point of view race is determined by any of the traditional divisions of humankind, the commonest being the Caucasian, Mongoloid, and Negro, characterized by supposedly distinctive and universal physical characteristics.
Your belief that the Welsh are a race on their own is fundamentally wrong. They are a nation of Caucasian people.
No matter how pedantic you want to be, no matter how much you beat your racist drum your wrong. Racism is the belief that some races are inherently superior (physically, intellectually, or culturally) to others and therefore have a right to dominate them.
Stating your husband has a dislike for the Welsh is therefore not racist. Nationalistic yes, racist NO NO NO

PS It must be true I capitalised & repeated myself three times
Old Mar 25th 2010, 6:47 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
I actually like Welsh people BUT I would never go so far as to contemplate keeping one as a pet?
You couldn't leave one at home, it might burn your house down

Yep old ntnocn gag
Old Mar 25th 2010, 7:01 am
BE Enthusiast

spart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud of

Are you always so rude...
No - just with muppets.
...I am saying that It's not always about the sunshine and once reality sets in and the sun stops shining, it's not so great.
Once again, slowly, for the thick kids - it depends on what your expectations are...

What is your version of reality differs greatly from others.
Old Mar 25th 2010, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Hino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond repute

...........but I could go on forever!!!!!
I do belive that you could

It's a pity that 'Tesco' don't seem to have a travel department, otherwise you could have targeted ( pardon the pun ), your choice of possible emmigration destinations better.

I'm prepared to live anywhere in the world.............as long as it's within a mile of a Tesco store

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.