Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Done Meds-Glasgow!

Done Meds-Glasgow!

Old Jun 25th 2004, 10:35 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Done Meds-Glasgow!

Hi All,
We,ve done our Medicals !!
And...........Its not as bad as we thought it would be!!...Honestly!
Hubby was really worried about his weight-turned out he was 17st,2lb.blood fine,BP fine,urine fine,x-ray fine,doctor was a female & brand new,really nice.
Me?...Im 11st 2lb, x-ray fine,BP fine, urine fine,have asthma,been on continus tabs since age 9yrs+2inhalers,(to be honest asthma doesnt give me much probs untill i have a cold)One thing that did worry me was on the med forms it says "women should avoid attending during menustration"(terrible had to ask hubby for correct spelling of menustration!!)
I have been on the same contraceptive pill for over 10yrs,had a daughter now 6,then had another daughter 3yrs later,had to change pill few months ago,totally messed me up, so periods all over the place,as they were unpredictable,guess what?... red flag flying high last night! bloody typical!hows that for timing?
But i thought what the hell,cant be avoided-not cancelling now,came too far.
Turns out,urine was fine, didnt have to be repeated,all i was asked was if i had a normal monthly cycle,(which i usually do have!)That was the most intimate question i was asked,the rest was reflexes,sight & a silly dance like demo for co-ordination-i think!!
The doctor was really nice,made us feel at ease,even with the three kids,well behaved,done what they were told & if they were,nt keen,didnt push it!didnt want them upset!(good idea!)
All in all -No problems&wished us best of luck for our new life!!
Glad its all over & done with & a big thanx to the Doc who made us feel so much at ease after the worrying!
Although parting with £615 was the most painfull part & a nice blood filled bruise on our arms too prove it!!
Malcolm&Donna.
Old Jun 25th 2004, 10:39 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: Done Meds-Glasgow!

Glad to hear it went okay, sounds like you had a really nice doc too.

I wouldn't ask your hubby for spelling in the future btw (probably not a word he spells very often to be fair!)
Old Jun 25th 2004, 10:47 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mlbonner
Glad to hear it went okay, sounds like you had a really nice doc too.

I wouldn't ask your hubby for spelling in the future btw (probably not a word he spells very often to be fair!)
Thanx Mlbonner,
Has he spelt it wrong?(means i can slag him if he has!)
Wish i was on the flight with u.
Brisbane we,re a headed too!
Counting the days!
Donna.
Old Jun 25th 2004, 10:48 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally posted by madsad
Hi All,
Hubby was really worried about his weight-turned out he was 17st,2lb.blood fine,BP fine,urine fine,x-ray fine,doctor was a female & brand new,really nice.
Me?...Im 11st 2lb, x-ray fine,BP fine, urine fine,have asthma,been on continus tabs since age 9yrs+2inhalers,(to be honest asthma doesnt give me much probs untill i have a cold)One thing that did worry me was on the med forms it says "women should avoid attending during menustration"(terrible had to ask hubby for correct spelling of menustration!!)
I have been on the same contraceptive pill for over 10yrs,had a daughter now 6,then had another daughter 3yrs later,had to change pill few months ago,totally messed me up, so periods all over the place,as they were unpredictable,guess what?... red flag flying high last night! bloody typical!hows that for timing?
Turns out,urine was fine, didnt have to be repeated,all i was asked was if i had a normal monthly cycle,(which i usually do have!)That was the most intimate question i was asked,the rest was reflexes,sight & a silly dance like demo for co-ordination-i think!!
The doctor was really nice,made us feel at ease,even with the three kids,well behaved,done what they were told & if they were,nt keen,didnt push it!didnt want them upset!(good idea!)
Glad its all over & done with & a big thanx to the Doc who made us feel so much at ease after the worrying!
Although parting with £615 was the most painfull part & a nice blood filled bruise on our arms too prove it!!
Malcolm&Donna.
Glad that your meds were all OK, so many people worry about it but as you say the most painfull part is parting with the money.

K

PS tell the hubby it is Menstruation
men!
Old Jun 25th 2004, 11:01 pm

Originally posted by kala
Glad that your meds were all OK, so many people worry about it but as you say the most painfull part is parting with the money.

K

PS tell the hubby it is Menstruation
men!
Kala,
Thankyou,The slagging has started!!Hubby still insists hes right!
They have a cheek to say "us women are always right!
Donna.
Old Jun 25th 2004, 11:12 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Kala,
Thankyou,The slagging has started!!Hubby still insists hes right!
They have a cheek to say "us women are always right!
Donna.
Bless em eh!

Just tell him he is arguing with the Oxford English dictionary

I've just checked it to make sure i'm not going mad

K
Old Jun 25th 2004, 11:23 pm

Bless em eh!

K
Thankyou Kala!,
Im taking pity on him already!!
Donna.
Old Jun 26th 2004, 4:25 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,
Malcolm&Donna.
Hi Donna

Nice one, thoughts of meds do get you wound up thou, see you in Perth!!!!

May have some good news bout our house sale, I will find out this lunch time and will let you guys know the crack once I have confirmation.

And yes the joy of parting with so much cash is a killer but with it in the end. A small cost for the price of a dream!!

Walla

Walla
Old Jun 26th 2004, 7:15 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Bless em eh!

K

You start doubting yourself after a while dont you. I was sure I was right, but glad someone else backed me up
Old Jun 26th 2004, 7:34 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad all went well, if it was Dr Gillespie you had she must of had a personality change cps she was old bag when we were there
Old Jun 26th 2004, 10:51 am

Originally posted by biggy
Glad all went well, if it was Dr Gillespie you had she must of had a personality change cps she was old bag when we were there
Yes it was Biggy!
She couldnt have been any nicer!Think it was my hubbys big muscly body that made her day! he was asked to remove his shirt as he did she replied"GOODNESS you are a big chap!!I hope it was his chest she was refering too!
Made my hubbys day too!!
Donna.