Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Domestic Airport

Domestic Airport

Old Feb 26th 2008, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Domestic Airport

Hi
Is there a second airport in Sydney that only deals with domestic flights? It could be a small one. Its just someone mentioned it and as i will need to commute to my flights i was wondering if i have been looking at the wromng places for accomodation
Old Feb 26th 2008, 1:11 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Domestic Airport

That's a very good question as it struck my husband the other day that he might not spend that much time at HQ, so we may need to revise our location ideas to be between the office and airport like we are here.

Domestic flights go from a separate terminal within the same airport as international flights (i.e., Kingsford Smith), verystormy.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks seasider, that what i thought. What does your OH do?
Old Feb 26th 2008, 1:19 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Technical Sales. One of the reasons for wanting to move is so he gets to spend more nights at home, as he's usually in a different country from me and that's wearing thin after six years, but he would need to cover Oz and NZ. He spends a lot of time at client sites, too.

Hard to tell what's a good location, really! But that's for another on-going thread.

You must be close to moving?
Old Feb 26th 2008, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

I will be away from home for two weeks at a time working in the bush, (exploration geologist). We are getting closer, and it is strange as in one way it is dragging, then in another things are going way too fast with so much to do. Cant wait though.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 3:07 pm
Auntie Fa

He's just come home with his offer letter and it says the office is moving soon. I give up.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by verystormy
Hi
Is there a second airport in Sydney that only deals with domestic flights? It could be a small one. Its just someone mentioned it and as i will need to commute to my flights i was wondering if i have been looking at the wromng places for accomodation
Most light aircraft flights in to/out of Sydney go from Bankstown - there are a huge number of aircraft movement on their three runways.

However, I THINK that these are all private flights e.g. people from the bush flying their own planes in to Sydney for business meetings etc. But it could be that they do some private charters etc. Certainly their are no major airlines operating out of Bankstown. Could it be that your company use private charters to get directly to remote areas?

BTW....You probably would not want to live in Bankstown, Revesby, etc...but Sutherland, Kirrawee, Gymea and even Cronulla are 20 - 30 minutes drive.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 1:52 am
Forum Regular

deryans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant future

Sydney Kingsford Smith has 4 Terminals, 2 and 3 are Domestic VB and QF respectively, 1 is the International, and there is a little corporate /VIP/Medical one just before T2.

Not much in the way of scheduled RPT flights out of Bankstown, however if you were to charter a light twin (a chieftan or similar) for say mining or surveying style of aerial work, then you'd likely go Bankstown.

That said, it is likely that you would first get a Domestic flight from Sydney to a smaller regional airport (Adelaide, Tamworth, Brissie, Dawhiney)

so the answer is still Sydney
Old Feb 27th 2008, 9:20 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by verystormy
Hi
Bankstown is just private jets. Sydney Kingsford Smith it is. My boss who lives in Hornsby sometimes uses Newcastle airport because Sydney is becoming a pain in the arse. 15 minutes of traffic just to get from the motorway to the Qantas domestic terminal.

SW Sydney looks promising but is a hot dump and the M5 is normally a car park because of the build up of traffic going into the tunnel before the airport. There is also the train line but there is an extortionate extra fee for using the airport station and a couple of the new stations.

Bondi to the Airport is about $35 in- 40 in a cab. Without traffic it takes 25 mins.