Dog's and heat

Old Oct 2nd 2007, 1:20 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dog's and heat

NOT 'on heat' ...

I checked with vet in the UK about how my dog would cope with temps in Australia and he said Staffy's do suffer a little with breathing and heat, but he'll adapt! He said nothing about walking around sticking his tongue out tho!

He hasn't been doing this since we got here, but HAS been doing it for a good month or so ...

WTF ?! ... is he keeping an eye on the temp or something ?! ...

He hasn't started blowing rasberries ... is this next ?! ...
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 1:23 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dog's and heat

My Staffy does that in the summer....I think its just them trying to maintain their temperature.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 1:29 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by biggy
My Staffy does that in the summer....I think its just them trying to maintain their temperature.
Yeah this is what I thought. I must admit I do see tons of Staffy's over here ... but none sticking out their tongue!

Old Oct 2nd 2007, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
Yeah this is what I thought. I must admit I do see tons of Staffy's over here ... but none sticking out their tongue!

mine only does it in the height of summer snd only now and again....looks a right muppet when he does it too lol
Attached Thumbnails Dog's and heat-haggis.jpg   Dog's and heat-haggis2.jpg  

Last edited by biggy; Oct 2nd 2007 at 1:41 am.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 1:58 am
BE Enthusiast

SKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud of

Gee Biggy, Scottish???? Haggis???? Seriously????
Wouldn't want him on me plate!!!
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 2:06 am
Account Closed

mine only does it in the height of summer snd only now and again....looks a right muppet when he does it too lol
LOL

I'll look closer when I see another now it's warming up
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 2:35 am

aye a think he would be a bit tough hes a muscley wee bugger
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 2:57 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Both our dog and our cat do that. Looks well funny when the cat does it - like when a little kid takes a bite of something he doesn't like and sits there with his tongue poking out and a pained expression on his face.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 3:00 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Hutch
Both our dog and our cat do that. Looks well funny when the cat does it - like when a little kid takes a bite of something he doesn't like and sits there with his tongue poking out and a pained expression on his face.
... must admit I can't get used to it
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 3:48 am
BE Enthusiast

cartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nice

Ours are struggling already (over since July). What are they gonna be like in 40 degree's????? What are we gonna be like - LOL
Attached Thumbnails Dog's and heat-dogs-025.jpg  
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 3:56 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by cartel
Ours are struggling already (over since July). What are they gonna be like in 40 degree's????? What are we gonna be like - LOL
Ahhh, a Staffy thread ...

Mine actually loves the heat, they'll be fine!
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
Ahhh, a Staffy thread ...

Mine actually loves the heat, they'll be fine!
We have 5 Staffords all love the heat as well

They will just adapt to it the same as we do over a period time, you just have to change routines so no walking in the heat of the day etc
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 8:59 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by marvinc
We have 5 Staffords all love the heat as well

They will just adapt to it the same as we do over a period time, you just have to change routines so no walking in the heat of the day etc
You might be able to help then. I'm guessing you didn't get them all at once!

We're thinking about getting another, but are a tad unsure as this chap don't like every other dog! ... Long story but was attacked when about 2 months old and don't seem to take any chances these days.

Did you find the new addition / s were accepted ok?

Cheers
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 9:06 am
saoirse

Call me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond repute

We brought ours over six years ago and she's adapted really well,she's either at the beach or taking it easy....
Attached Thumbnails Dog's and heat-freya.jpg   Dog's and heat-xmas-05-005.jpg  
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 9:24 am

Simba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of light

Our vet recommended we get our long hair German sheperd clipped to help her with the heat.

We got her done last week it was a bit of a shock when we collected her from the groomers but she's really happy with her new look and is coping well with the heat.

See attached pictures for before and after clipping.
Attached Thumbnails Dog's and heat-copy-dsc00427.jpg   Dog's and heat-camera-pics-280907-067.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.