Old Sep 16th 2003, 2:33 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dogs Dying on flights

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/...624979811.html

Shame it isn't cats.
Old Sep 16th 2003, 3:17 am
BE Enthusiast

dracupg is an unknown quantity at this point

Now, lets not wind up the cat lovers again.
Old Sep 16th 2003, 3:25 am

Originally posted by dracupg
Now, lets not wind up the cat lovers again.
LOL. Still must be a worry for dog owners. The cat owners are too easy to wind up. Mega did a fine job at that.
Old Sep 16th 2003, 4:01 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: Dogs Dying on flights

Originally posted by bondipom
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/...624979811.html

Shame it isn't cats.

Pity it isn't stupid Poms.

You do realise in Sydney there are restaurants which cook dog don't you? You have a dog don't you?
There are no laws here which it is illegal to eat dogs. Last year they found a few restaurants in Sydney which served them up... they actually found it was not illegal and want the laws to change. I suppose they haven't got any laws for this as they never thought it would happen in a western country.

P.S

stats for previous years for the Koala deaths. Note this is just three weeks!(4 dog attacks, 3 cars, 3 death by diseases .. this is just in one council area. Could give you the whole list for a couple of years but it's too long and there is no point.. the list for other months during the years looks pretty much the same as the one below.. Note Dogs were responsible for more attacks than cars, or by natural causes:

29 Aug Hit by car - 50Ogr female joey - Dayboro Rd Petrie (outside school) - in care
29 Aug Pneumonia - adult male - Vores Rd Whiteside ~ D.O.A.
31 Aug Pneumonia - adult female - Nicholson Rd Kurwongbah - D.O.A.
03 Sept Dog attack (doberman & blue cattle dog) - adult female - Tulip Tree Rd Murrumba Downs - released six days later
03 Sept Dog attack - adult female - Killara Cr Petrie - D.O.A.
07 Sept Hit by car - adult female - Scout Rd Kurwongbah - euthanased
07 Sept Hit by car - adult female - Cnr Samsonvale & Sparkes Rds Bray Park - euthanased
14 Sept Pneumonia - adult female - Bray Rd Lawnton - D.O.A.
19 Sept Dog attack (weimarana) - 1kg male joey - McCormack Rd Nth Kurwongbah - died one hour later
20 Sept Dog attack (2 rottweillers) - adult male - Akers Rd Lawnton - D.O.A.

so before you think that cats are the main reason for wildlife loss.. try looking at your dog too.

Perhaps cat owners get more wound up because we actually care about all living creatures, and not just cats. Personally I do not care two hoots for some people.. If there was an ignorant Pom b*stard and a dog drowning ( an example..you)... I'd rescue the dog first

Cheers
Old Sep 16th 2003, 4:37 am

Originally posted by Ceri

You do realise in Sydney there are restaurants which cook dog don't you? You have a dog don't you?
There are no laws here which it is illegal to eat dogs. Last year they found a few restaurants in Sydney which served them up... they actually found it was not illegal and want the laws to change. I suppose they haven't got any laws for this as they never thought it would happen in a western country.

P.S

stats for previous years for the Koala deaths. Note this is just three weeks!(4 dog attacks, 3 cars, 3 death by diseases .. this is just in one council area. Could give you the whole list for a couple of years but it's too long and there is no point.. the list for other months during the years looks pretty much the same as the one below.. Note Dogs were responsible for more attacks than cars, or by natural causes:

29 Aug Hit by car - 50Ogr female joey - Dayboro Rd Petrie (outside school) - in care
03 Sept Dog attack (doberman & blue cattle dog) - adult female - Tulip Tree Rd Murrumba Downs - released six days later
07 Sept Hit by car - adult female - Cnr Samsonvale & Sparkes Rds Bray Park - euthanased
19 Sept Dog attack (weimarana) - 1kg male joey - McCormack Rd Nth Kurwongbah - died one hour later

so before you think that cats are the main reason for wildlife loss.. try looking at your dog too.

Perhaps cat owners get more wound up because we actually care about all living creatures, and not just cats. Personally I do not care two hoots for some people.. If there was an ignorant Pom b*stard and a dog drowning ( an example..you)... I'd rescue the dog first

Cheers
You are getting personal now Ceri. I don't give a damn about dogs and have never owned or wanted one which shows how much you know about me.

I was informing dog owners of the dangers of putting their canines on board a 24 hour flight.
Old Sep 16th 2003, 4:57 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by bondipom
You are getting personal now Ceri. I don't give a damn about dogs and have never owned or wanted one which shows how much you know about me.

I was informing dog owners of the dangers of putting their canines on board a 24 hour flight.
And you won't drop the cat thing... look if you wind people up, be prepared to get attacked. If you are going to dish things out, be prepared to get some of it back. What's good for the goose is good for the gander
As for the dogs .. those types of breeds are notorious for breathing difficulties.. some insurers will not insure bull dogs and such for this reason
Cheers
Old Sep 16th 2003, 6:21 am
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

well if it's not illegal and as we seemed to have established that the cost of living is very high here, has anybody got any recipes for dogs or cats...or koalas?
Old Sep 16th 2003, 7:09 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by RichS
well if it's not illegal and as we seemed to have established that the cost of living is very high here, has anybody got any recipes for dogs or cats...or koalas?
Koala Soup perhaps?
Old Sep 16th 2003, 7:38 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Koala Soup perhaps?
Dogstail soup maybe?

Catsnuts and coriander?

Yummo !
Old Sep 16th 2003, 7:44 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by PeteY
Dogstail soup maybe?

Catsnuts and coriander?

Yummo !
Hey I have so much coriander growing in my garden its not funny! You supply the cats nuts, I'll supply the coriander

Hang on , what am I saying?!?!?!??! LOL
Old Sep 16th 2003, 7:56 am

And you won't drop the cat thing... look if you wind people up, be prepared to get attacked. If you are going to dish things out, be prepared to get some of it back. What's good for the goose is good for the gander
As for the dogs .. those types of breeds are notorious for breathing difficulties.. some insurers will not insure bull dogs and such for this reason
Cheers
Ceri I have never directed comments at individuals other than when attacked by yourself.

The insults you made in welsh were amusing and I enojoyed that argument. The above was vitriolic, lacked humour and was ill informed.

I wish all non native animals were out of OZ and that the people here reassesed what they are doing to the environment. Land clearance and pollution are my biggest concerns. I fear the wilderness here which is fantastic but in great danger.

I have a personal thing about cats and from the above comments you seem to think dogs are a problem. I'll argue away about the issues which this forum is about but I won't start hammering people personally for their beliefs.

Calling people ignorant pommie bastards and wanting to leave them to drown doesn't get anyone anywhere.
Old Sep 16th 2003, 8:44 am
creepycrawlycreepycrawly!

mr2blue is an unknown quantity at this point

P.S

Cheers
You usually find most cats are quite good natured but this is one pussy with a bad attitude. Maybe he's been neutered.
:scared:
Old Sep 16th 2003, 8:52 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by PeteY
Dogstail soup maybe?

Catsnuts and coriander?

Yummo !
Welsh Raerbit?

There is a running debate as to the origin of its name. Was it called Rabbit because it was served when the hunters came home empty-handed? Or, was it named because the Welsh liked it as much as they liked rabbit?

An Appetizer Anyone
Old Sep 16th 2003, 9:02 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Megalania
Welsh Raerbit?

There is a running debate as to the origin of its name. Was it called Rabbit because it was served when the hunters came home empty-handed? Or, was it named because the Welsh liked it as much as they liked rabbit?

An Appetizer Anyone
FIRE UP GUYS ,just got home , logged in seen the shit had hit the fan, i thought PB was back , how disappointing, any way me and the Missus are going to see" Pirates of the Carribean", so i hope your still lively when i get back........... MM
Old Sep 16th 2003, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

We have a cat but we won't be taking it with us because:

1. too expensive

2. it's distressing enough to have to try and rescue all manner of birds here in the UK from the cat never mind in Oz where it would be catching parakeets, kookaburras etc.

Told the kids they can have a Parrot!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.