Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Dogs and decorating don't mix!

Dogs and decorating don't mix!

Old Aug 19th 2005, 3:57 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road
Default Dogs and decorating don't mix!

Hubby has taken a few days off to try to get the house finished decorated and ready to go on the market.

I go off out to buy more paint and leave him painting the hallway. Fine. I come home and Meg is covered in magnolia paint all down her fat lardy arse and all along her tail. Ok, that's funny I thought. Except when I go into the lounge she has rubbed her fat lardy arse all along both settees and wagged her tail over every surface under 3 foot high

I've no idea how he even managed to let her get near the hallway, but she looks like she must have sat in the tray of paint!
Old Aug 19th 2005, 3:59 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Default Re: Dogs and decorating don't mix!

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
Hubby has taken a few days off to try to get the house finished decorated and ready to go on the market.

I go off out to buy more paint and leave him painting the hallway. Fine. I come home and Meg is covered in magnolia paint all down her fat lardy arse and all along her tail. Ok, that's funny I thought. Except when I go into the lounge she has rubbed her fat lardy arse all along both settees and wagged her tail over every surface under 3 foot high

I've no idea how he even managed to let her get near the hallway, but she looks like she must have sat in the tray of paint!
Maybe you could rent Meg and her "fat lardy arse" out to a painters and decorators?

You could both earn a mint

Old Aug 19th 2005, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
Maybe you could rent Meg and her "fat lardy arse" out to a painters and decorators?

You could both earn a mint
This is how she repays me for getting up in the middle of the night to comfort her during the thunderstorms, thus losing my sleep. Just as well I love her to pieces
Old Aug 19th 2005, 4:33 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Hi A4T,

You now need to train Meg in the fine art of oil painting (preferably on canvas not the carpet and furnishings)

D D
Attached Images  
Old Aug 19th 2005, 5:14 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Anne, I am so glad there is someone else out there having decorating trauma!!

I was painting the stairs and warned the kids not to go anywhere near them, I put the dust sheet on the stairs and proceeded to paint. I forgot, however, cats are a law unto themseves and both of mine decided that they wanted to go up the stairs. They couldn't walk in the middle of the dust sheet though could they, oh no they had to slide down the side of the wall. Result - two cats with yellow stripes. They usually sleep on my bed during the day, and no, I didn't catch them in time. Result - new quilt cover and two extremely p***ed off cats after being shoved in the bath and being washed.

Three days ago my darling children knocked over a tin of paint at the top of the stairs and now I am having to have a new hall landing and stair carpet. Thank goodness the insurance is paying!!

Can't wait till I start the kitchen. LOL Think I may wait a few weeks.

Shirley
Old Aug 19th 2005, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by ub40fan
Oh Anne, I am so glad there is someone else out there having decorating trauma!!

I was painting the stairs and warned the kids not to go anywhere near them, I put the dust sheet on the stairs and proceeded to paint. I forgot, however, cats are a law unto themseves and both of mine decided that they wanted to go up the stairs. They couldn't walk in the middle of the dust sheet though could they, oh no they had to slide down the side of the wall. Result - two cats with yellow stripes. They usually sleep on my bed during the day, and no, I didn't catch them in time. Result - new quilt cover and two extremely p***ed off cats after being shoved in the bath and being washed.

Three days ago my darling children knocked over a tin of paint at the top of the stairs and now I am having to have a new hall landing and stair carpet. Thank goodness the insurance is paying!!

Can't wait till I start the kitchen. LOL Think I may wait a few weeks.

Shirley
I haven't washed Meg yet. I thought I might take a photo so you can see how daft she looks. She is a black lab with magnolia accessories
Old Aug 19th 2005, 5:18 pm
Mount Eliza

Joanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant future

PMSL. Sounds like you're all having so much more fun decorating than me. Wont be able to paint the skirting boards tonight for laughing

Anyone else decorating for Oz?

Jo
Old Aug 19th 2005, 5:30 pm
playing the angel

tinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't washed Meg yet. I thought I might take a photo so you can see how daft she looks. She is a black lab with magnolia accessories
Anne, what a sight she must be!!!

Does DIMIA require black lab painters and decorators on their MODL list.
Bet she would get a visa with no problems.
Old Aug 19th 2005, 6:20 pm

Meg after rubbing most of it off on the settees!!!
Attached Thumbnails Dogs and decorating don't mix!-painted-meg.jpg  
Old Aug 19th 2005, 7:49 pm
Mount Eliza

Joanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant future

Ive had to read this again, it made me laugh soooo much the first time. Ive tears streaming down my face, the kids think Ive finally lost my marbles

Thank you Anne and UB40, I havent laughed so much in ages

Jo
Old Aug 19th 2005, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by Joanne
Ive had to read this again, it made me laugh soooo much the first time. Ive tears streaming down my face, the kids think Ive finally lost my marbles

Jo
Glad to be of service
Old Aug 19th 2005, 8:21 pm
Mount Eliza

Glad to be of service
Times like this, Im glad we no longer have a dog! Suki was as bad a Meg, if there was wet paint anywhere in the house, Suki would find it and brush up against it, leaving lovely furry walls! Very attractive! Although we have two kids to contend with, so not alot of difference really
Old Aug 20th 2005, 6:20 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Joanne

Jo
Glad to be of help.

Wasn't I also of help last week with the cat in the basket vet story?

Hmmm wonder what I can get up to next week???