Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Dogs blood tests

Dogs blood tests

Old Jul 31st 2007, 3:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Dogs blood tests

I've just taken the 2 dogs for their blood tests today and the grand total for 2 lots of blood tests and frontline came to a grand total of £349.95

They even charged me £1.79 for the postage to send the tests to the lab

Does anybody else think that it's another way to sting us for our cash
Old Jul 31st 2007, 4:02 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dogs blood tests

Originally Posted by tracey.d
I've just taken the 2 dogs for their blood tests today and the grand total for 2 lots of blood tests and frontline came to a grand total of £349.95

i'd count yourself lucky with that one tracey.....titre test $200 for each cat and not including frontline btw which i know is pricey and $15 for postage
Old Jul 31st 2007, 4:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
i'd count yourself lucky with that one tracey.....titre test $200 for each cat and not including frontline btw which i know is pricey and $15 for postage
bloomin heck, whats that for? Are you coming back to the uk or is that from US to Aus?
Old Jul 31st 2007, 4:23 pm
Account Closed

bloomin heck, whats that for? Are you coming back to the uk or is that from US to Aus?
yep, for bringing them back to the uk...things aint that cheap here yer know, no exchange rate to play with when you are paid in $$

it was just for the blood test for the rabies/titre test
Old Jul 31st 2007, 4:26 pm
Nigel, Vanessa & Pets

manic-miner has a brilliant futuremanic-miner has a brilliant futuremanic-miner has a brilliant futuremanic-miner has a brilliant futuremanic-miner has a brilliant futuremanic-miner has a brilliant future

Hi there,

i was wondering how much you were quoted to take your dogs to australia?
Old Jul 31st 2007, 5:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by manic-miner
Hi there,

All together including blood tests quarantine etc. it will work out about £4000 that doesnt include getting them from Sydney to Brisbane. I havent got a clue how we're going to do that or how much it will cost yet!!!
That's for a medum sized dog and a little chihuahua, it goes on size.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

barney41 has a brilliant futurebarney41 has a brilliant futurebarney41 has a brilliant futurebarney41 has a brilliant futurebarney41 has a brilliant futurebarney41 has a brilliant future

That is really expensive, my dog has just had his 3 blood tests and frontline at a cost of £31 ish and the test results are on our shipping bill at £69 ish so around £100 total. Well it would be the total if he didn't fail two of the tests!!

Where in the North East did you have the tests? My dog had his at a vets in Hartburn, Stockton-on-Tees.

Tracey
Old Jul 31st 2007, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

Nozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to all

All together including blood tests quarantine etc. it will work out about £4000 that doesnt include getting them from Sydney to Brisbane. I havent got a clue how we're going to do that or how much it will cost yet!!!
HI Tracey,
we are using par air to fly our dog and cat and they are arranging it all, once freed!! from quarantine they will be re crated and flown to Brissy where we will meet them, I think the additional cost was about $300.
Steve
Old Jul 31st 2007, 8:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by barney41
That is really expensive, my dog has just had his 3 blood tests and frontline at a cost of £31 ish and the test results are on our shipping bill at £69 ish so around £100 total. Well it would be the total if he didn't fail two of the tests!!

Where in the North East did you have the tests? My dog had his at a vets in Hartburn, Stockton-on-Tees.

Tracey
Have pm'd you
Old Jul 31st 2007, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

They told me that they would prefer to keep the dogs there for a couple of hours , presumably so they could do it in their own time. I would have been quite happy to wait and take them home, thought I was doing them a favour.

Looking at the bill, they have charged me £42.30 for the privelege of that

Also £49.36 for 2 health assessments

What that entailed I don't know, they didn't require a health test, just a bloody blood test. I get more annoyed every time I look at the bill.

The total cost for the blood tests and frontline (paid for the full packet for each of them) was actually £227.74

So, they decided to charge me £120 + for things I hadn't even asked for
Old Jul 31st 2007, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

BallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant future

They told me that they would prefer to keep the dogs there for a couple of hours , presumably so they could do it in their own time. I would have been quite happy to wait and take them home, thought I was doing them a favour.

What that entailed I don't know, they didn't require a health test, just a bloody blood test. I get more annoyed every time I look at the bill.

The total cost for the blood tests and frontline (paid for the full packet for each of them) was actually £227.74

The process cost enough without people ripping you off. I'd be asking for money back:curse:
Old Jul 31st 2007, 9:12 pm
Account Closed

call them up and ask them why did they a) do the health assessments when you didn't ask for it to be done and b) why keep them there when you told them you'd stay......if you don't ask you don't get
Old Jul 31st 2007, 10:22 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

We used Dogtainers cost $400 for a dog and a cat from Sydney to Coolangatta (gold coast) airport. C x

Originally Posted by manic-miner
Hi there,

We paid £2200 for a dog and a cat with Golden Arrow. C x
Old Aug 1st 2007, 7:30 am
Nigel, Vanessa & Pets

manic-miner has a brilliant futuremanic-miner has a brilliant futuremanic-miner has a brilliant futuremanic-miner has a brilliant futuremanic-miner has a brilliant futuremanic-miner has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by shiels
We used Dogtainers cost $400 for a dog and a cat from Sydney to Coolangatta (gold coast) airport. C x

We paid £2200 for a dog and a cat with Golden Arrow. C x
Thanks for the information,

I assume that does not include the quarantine costs for them either?
Old Aug 1st 2007, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

Location: Life is like a box of chocolates......you never know what you're gonna get!! (Fforest Gump!)
pam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant future

Hi Tracy,
Just reading through this thread and I am shocked!! I took my dogs to our vet last week for blood tests and (as yet) haven't had the bill as he didn't know the cost there and then! Anyway, he took my dog into the back room and brought him back about 10 mins later...all done! Have your dogs been shipped then?? They only need the health checks max of 3 days before they fly so the vet didn't need to do them then...I would definitely question the reason for doing this..
Did you keep the rest of the pack of Frontline?? If not I would also be asking for that if I'd paid for them...Sounds like your vet is trying to pull a fast one as he thinks you haven't got a clue about the export requirements...I'd contact them and request explanations for each of the areas your unhappy about. Take the information from DEFRA and AQIS with you to show them you are well clued up on the requirements for your pets.. I have had to supply my vet with all the info as he didn't really have much of a clue having not completed and Aussie pet export before!! He has phoned me twice to check that I am all sorted with the paperwork and was shocked at how orgainsed I was when I took my dog in!! I think there are many unscrupulous people out there who think they can make more money for doing things that aren't necessary at the time!
Go for it girl!!!!!
Pam x x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.