Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

dogs blood tests

Wikiposts

dogs blood tests

Old Jan 14th 2004, 5:31 am
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of
Default dogs blood tests

I have just been quoted £290 for the blood tests needed for my mutt, this included the frontline etc has anyone else anywhere in the north west managed to get the price down at all!!!
It may be worth me travelling

jenny
Old Jan 14th 2004, 7:05 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: dogs blood tests

Originally posted by jensteve
I have just been quoted £290 for the blood tests needed for my mutt, this included the frontline etc has anyone else anywhere in the north west managed to get the price down at all!!!

jenny

£290.00 bloody quid ur havin a laff, read below U AINT !

http://www.petexports.co.uk/australia.html

from what i gather size has a gr8 deal to do with it, current bloods cost $480.00 aud for the first dog,, crikey i better get saving <has 4 dogs>
Old Jan 14th 2004, 7:13 am
Account Closed

dazzac is an unknown quantity at this point

I to have a mut might let it run free though faced with those sort of bills.
Fetch.....
Old Jan 14th 2004, 7:16 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

jenny

Missus is just rifling thru her paperwork for you and will post a quote weve had

<<<slapped wrist
Old Jan 14th 2004, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

debsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond repute

jenny
best advise i can give is get some quotes from your shipper they can do the whole package from start to finish i have 4 newfoundlands and prices to export all of them ranged from 4800 - 8300 big dogs big cost - corners can be cut if you do some of it yourself.

£290.00 does seem high just for blood tests

par air quoted 96.00 per dog for bloods and frontline
www.parair.co.uk

these were the cheapest i've just looked!!

hope this helps
Old Jan 14th 2004, 7:59 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

indeedy!!

Newfoundlands!!

And my hubby is complaining about the cost to take my Springer Spaniel.

He has just said if I had Newfoundlands that they would be staying behind!
Old Jan 14th 2004, 8:02 am
Banned

Originally posted by Pollster
indeedy!!

Newfoundlands!!

And my hubby is complaining about the cost to take my Springer Spaniel.

He has just said if I had Newfoundlands that they would be staying behind!

sure are big buggas !
Attached Thumbnails dogs blood tests-image112.jpeg  
Old Feb 5th 2004, 1:32 am
Just Joined

hectashouse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Timber Floor Au
sure are big buggas !

is that a real dog???or a man in a dog suit?
Old Feb 5th 2004, 1:35 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

£290 seems about right for me?
Old Feb 5th 2004, 6:10 am
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

jenny

Thanks all for the replies, I've managed to get it down to about £130/150 have also been quoted just over £500 to ship the little one out. I'm so glad he's cat sized.
Old Feb 5th 2004, 6:41 am
Banned

Thanks all for the replies, I've managed to get it down to about £130/150 have also been quoted just over £500 to ship the little one out. I'm so glad he's cat sized.

who with ???? bloods i mean
Old Feb 7th 2004, 8:51 am
Moved out bush!

Originally posted by Timber Floor Au
who with ???? bloods i mean
vet just outside chester, rang the local quarantine kennels and asked who their vet was. I figured he had to know what he was going on about. He did tell me not to vaccinate against lepto as this messes up the blood tests because its not needed for oz.
hope it helps
jenny
Old May 19th 2004, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

Teddybex is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by debsvirgo
best advise i can give is get some quotes from your shipper they can do the whole package from start to finish i have 4 newfoundlands and prices to export all of them ranged from 4800 - 8300 big dogs big cost - corners can be cut if you do some of it yourself.

£290.00 does seem high just for blood tests

par air quoted 96.00 per dog for bloods and frontline
www.parair.co.uk

these were the cheapest i've just looked!!

hope this helps

Hi. Just wondered which company has quoted you £4800 to take your 4 dogs? The cheapest we've been quoted for 1 dog is £2200 and that seems quite steep to me, he's an Akita so is quite a big boy though!!