Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Dog Walking Service

Dog Walking Service

Old Jan 24th 2007, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

LittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really nice
Default Dog Walking Service

Hey... This is what i am toying with when i get to Melbourne... so i just wanted to get an idea of whether this is something that is used etc...

Is hiring a dog walker/sitter something that is common in Aus/Melbourne? Do you know anyone that does it? Have you got any links to some websites for dog walkers?

Sorry, just a random post... i really dont want to get to Aus and have to work in an office... That is the major part of my life that i want to change.

LH x
Old Jan 24th 2007, 12:17 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Dog Walking Service

http://www.lonelypetsclub.com.au/Dog...-Melbourne.asp

http://www.allterriermotives.com.au/

http://www.ozdoggy.com.au/dog_walkers_service.html

Yeah theres a few but probably loads of room for a few more. McDonalds, KFC, Burger king etc make sure plenty of owners are to overweight to walk there dogs.
Old Jan 24th 2007, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't decided what I will do once in Oz, but if I have an office job I would certainly consider a dog-walking service.
If I don't, then I have thought about doing dog-walking/cleaning/babysitting as alternative, "less-stress" jobs! I certainly believe there are opportunities there. On the dog-front, others have said that some Aussies tend to leave their dogs as 'yard-dogs' and do not exercise them properly - I guess those people might not be interested in the service!
Old Jan 24th 2007, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

LittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really nice

thanks for the links bordy, i will have a look at them!

esperanza - that is exactly what i want, something outdoorsy and not a 9 to 5 environment either!

LH x
Old Jan 24th 2007, 4:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LittleHobo
thanks for the links bordy, i will have a look at them!

esperanza - that is exactly what i want, something outdoorsy and not a 9 to 5 environment either!

LH x
My other thought (or ANother thought, as I'm having lots and can't make a decision!) is to do some sort of horticultural qualification and work in that sector - or maybe even viniculture, which I think might be my ideal job!
I did start looking in to what 'standard' qualifications there are but I didn't get very far.... wonder if experience is as/more important than papers...
Old Jan 24th 2007, 4:24 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

A friend of the wife's husband (following so far ) used to work at Jaguar in the UK.When they moved over to Aus he started a dog sitting/walking service and now business is booming.
Infact he's earning more than when he was working at the Jag