Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Dog Walkers Rockingham Area

Dog Walkers Rockingham Area

Old Aug 28th 2012, 2:32 am
Forum Regular

Lois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really nice
Default Dog Walkers Rockingham Area

Hi, we have been here 2 weeks (me, OH and 2 girls aged 6 & 9). Girls are at school and hubby started work yesterday and its just now me and my dog at home, we only collected him from quarantine on Saturday!

Have been trying to find some nice places to take him for a walk and let him have a good run, went to Shoalwater beach yesterday, but having difficulty finding/knowing where else i can take him off the lead?

Any suggestions would be appreciated and if there are any fellow dog walkers in the area perhaps me and Reggie could join you?

Thanks
Old Aug 28th 2012, 2:40 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dog Walkers Rockingham Area

Just found this:-

Dog beach exercise areas

The following areas have been designated as dog beach exercise areas:

The public beach bounded on the east by Hymus Street and extending generally in a westerly direction and then in a southerly direction and bounded on the south by Boundary Road
The public beach bounded on the east by Hymus Street and extending in a westerly direction and then in a southerly direction and bounded on the south by Boundary Road
The public beach bounded on the north by prolongation of McLarty Road, on the east by Arcadia Drive and on the south by the northern boundary of Mersey Point car park
The public beach bounded on the west from the eastern side of the Bent Street boat ramp, on the north by Safety Bay Road and on the east from the western side of the Donald Drive boat ramp
The public beach bounded on the north by, and 40 metres to the north, of a prolongation of Shelton Street, on the east by Blakey and Fendham Streets and on the south by prolongation of St Malo Close
The public beach bounded on the north by the northern-most part of Capella Pass carpark beach access and extending generally in a southerly direction for a distance of 1km
The public beach bounded on the north by the boundary of Port Kennedy and Secret Harbour and in a southerly direction to the public beach access of Siracusa Court carpark
The public beach bounded on the north by a prolongation of Crystaluna Drive and extending in a southerly direction for a distance of 500 metres
The public beach bounded on the north by a prolongation of Bight Reefs Road and extending in a southerly direction to the southern boundary of the district

Further information on dog exercise areas as well as other information can be found in the City of Rockingham Dog Owner's Guide,

Other than that I don't have a dog and I don't live in Rocko, sorry.
Old Aug 28th 2012, 2:55 am
Forum Regular

Lois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really nice

thanks MP, I just found that too on the website, while looking into registering him. Just dont know where or how good they are, guess i could try a different one every day! thank god for GPS !
Old Aug 31st 2012, 3:47 am
FiP
Forum Regular

FiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really nice

There is a good beach for dog walking at Kwinana at the industrial end of Kwinana near BP refinery and CBH Grain Terminal with the big blue jetty on Rockingham Beach Road.