British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   dog transport (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/dog-transport-346732/)

ambermax Jan 7th 2006 11:32 am

dog transport

hi we are taken our two dogs(golden retrievers) to perth and are just starting to get things going with a shipping company but i can't remember there name i think it's golden arrow or something can someone help or if they know of another company that was good (very good ) please can you let me know

Paul2004 Jan 7th 2006 12:13 pm

Re: dog transport

Originally Posted by ambermax
hi we are taken our two dogs(golden retrievers) to perth and are just starting to get things going with a shipping company but i can't remember there name i think it's golden arrow or something can someone help or if they know of another company that was good (very good ) please can you let me know

Were taking our Staffy to Oz and Golden Arrow DO seem to be highly recommended ... :)

I've only had a phone call with someone there, but they was MOST helpful ... :)

They don't have a website, but you'll get them on: 01588 680240

TruBrit Jan 7th 2006 12:17 pm

Hiya, a good tip is to talk to the airline you are going to use and see which kennels they liaise with coz that can ease the situation for you as they are all familiar with the regs and paperwork required.. good luck and ((hugs)) to your two four legged friends....feel so sorry for the pets as they just do not know what's going on..shame :(

RogerUK Jan 7th 2006 8:20 pm

We brought our 2 golden retrievers over in April using Golden Arrow. They were faultless, dogs arrived in super shape, did their 30 day quarantine in Melbourne and are now having a marvellous time, as are we, in N.E. Victoria.
Good luck
Roger

neil.b Jan 7th 2006 10:11 pm

We brought our 2 dogs over last september with Airpets. We cannot recommend them highly enough. Right down to the gent that collected them from our house. He gave them mineral water to drink on the journey instead if tap water. he said that the different waters may upset their stomach
We received a phone call in the early hours here (brisbane) from them to let us know that they would not be flying on that particular day as the plane had developed a fault. We were told that they were getting a vet out once the animals had returned to the kennels to ensure that the dogs weren't too stressed. Our Dogs had a flight 5 days later, and we were told that theres no extra costs for kenneling.
When they arrived in brisbane from quarantine they were in top condition.

zbettyboop Jan 8th 2006 5:53 am

Originally Posted by RogerUK
We brought our 2 golden retrievers over in April using Golden Arrow. They were faultless, dogs arrived in super shape, did their 30 day quarantine in Melbourne and are now having a marvellous time, as are we, in N.E. Victoria.
Good luck
Roger

Hi Roger

We are planning to bring our 2 border collies over in May.
Did you get a good quote.
We have so far been quoted £4090.00 for them. :eek:
They are about the same size as you golden retrievers.
Did not think it would cost as expensive as that. :scared:
We are flying from Glasgow to Perth.

Beth :)

Stitch Jan 8th 2006 9:16 am

Originally Posted by zbettyboop
Hi Roger

We are planning to bring our 2 border collies over in May.
Did you get a good quote.
We have so far been quoted £4090.00 for them. :eek:
They are about the same size as you golden retrievers.
Did not think it would cost as expensive as that. :scared:
We are flying from Glasgow to Perth.

Beth :)

Did you try Pet Travel Services in Dunfermline?

Cheers

Ginny

RogerUK Jan 8th 2006 9:28 am

Hi Beth
It cost us £5600 for our 2 goldens and that included all vets fees, collection from our home and quarantine fees but worth every penny! We came over in April and they have coped very well and adapted to the heat, even 44 degrees on a few occasions, no problem. The eldest even asks us to put on the air-con when it gets a bit warm indoors!
Roger