Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Dog Training on the Gold Coast

Dog Training on the Gold Coast

Old Sep 7th 2006, 3:13 pm
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute
Question Dog Training on the Gold Coast

I am bringing a rather unruly Adelaidian Puppy with me....he's in serious need of telling whose boss and the meaning of words such as 'fetch', 'sit', 'stay' and my personal favourite 'NOOOOOOOO! stop chewing that!'

Joking aside though, he's a lovely dog is our 'Ratchet' (careful how you go pronouncing that!). He just needs some obedience training, maybe trying out for some agility classes.

A google search just confused me more So can anyone lead me in the right direction with a recomendation?

Thanks Everso....

Jan (harrassed Mum) and Ratchet (Puppy with teeth)
Old Sep 7th 2006, 3:29 pm
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dog Training on the Gold Coast

Originally Posted by Jan3kids
I am bringing a rather unruly Adelaidian Puppy with me....he's in serious need of telling whose boss and the meaning of words such as 'fetch', 'sit', 'stay' and my personal favourite 'NOOOOOOOO! stop chewing that!'

Joking aside though, he's a lovely dog is our 'Ratchet' (careful how you go pronouncing that!). He just needs some obedience training, maybe trying out for some agility classes.

A google search just confused me more So can anyone lead me in the right direction with a recomendation?

Thanks Everso....

There is the Gold Coast Dog Obedience Club

gcdotc @ gcdotc.org.au

at the top end of the GC - Ron Short Park, Alicia Street, Southport
tel 07 5596 2663
or
Qld Border Dog Obedience Club (Coolangatta) (bottom end of GC)
tel 07 55994490

Cheers,

DogBoy
Old Sep 9th 2006, 1:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jan3kids

Thanks Everso....

lol
know the feeling. Give Bob from Dogtech a ring 0408 051069
Old Sep 11th 2006, 4:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

i had two completely uncontrolable springer spaneils - and their time in quarantine did them no favours!!!

put them here http://www.redgumkennels.com for 2 weeks of training when we were back in the UK and got two AMAZING dogs back.

they did all the hard work for us and we just go to the odd (free!) sat morning class to keep the skills up.

The dogs are a total pleasure to work with now... when we took them in for an assessment they guy said that when we came back he'd have them walking together on the same lead, at heel with no pulling, no taking off to chase things or eat stuff lying on the ground - no probs at all. I didn't believe him and wished him luck -- he totally made me eat my words!!!