Wikiposts

the dog too

Old Dec 13th 2003, 8:21 am
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of
Default the dog too

I want to take my dog with us, has anyone any recommendations as to the best way to do this, and which companies around Manchester are best to use or is it easy to ship it yourself?
Old Dec 13th 2003, 12:00 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

I am doing the paperwork myself for my pooch as it seems fairly straightforward for NZ - but then again I am not fully into the process yet so I might live to regret it!!!

Even so it is still going to cost us about £1,300 - at the mo James Cargo a Heathrow look like the most likely to get the business.
Old Dec 13th 2003, 1:49 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

hi...

we used golden arrow shippers of shropshire.excellent service..they made it all so simple..same cost as pollster if not cheaper(depends on size of your dog too)
we lived in yorkshire ..so we met them at manchester airport when they were dropping another animal off for its flight. they wanted to have our dog a few days b 4 she flew for vet checks and preparation for her flight...so maybe you could do the same??

good luck
Old Dec 14th 2003, 3:41 am
Forum Regular

gwrees is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by yvsie
hi...

we used golden arrow shippers of shropshire.excellent service..they made it all so simple..same cost as pollster if not cheaper(depends on size of your dog too)
we lived in yorkshire ..so we met them at manchester airport when they were dropping another animal off for its flight. they wanted to have our dog a few days b 4 she flew for vet checks and preparation for her flight...so maybe you could do the same??

good luck
Whats the quarantine place like in Perth? Can you go in and see your dog there? We are taking a dog with us too next year and are a bit concerned he might crack up after 30 days in a cage! I've been in touch with Golden Arrow too and they seemed great, will use them I think
Old Dec 14th 2003, 8:05 am
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Originally posted by gwrees
Whats the quarantine place like in Perth? Can you go in and see your dog there? We are taking a dog with us too next year and are a bit concerned he might crack up after 30 days in a cage! I've been in touch with Golden Arrow too and they seemed great, will use them I think
thanks for the advice, mines a chihuahua, a little manic and yes I think he will crack up also. 30 days doesn't seem so bad and we will probably send him out a couple of weeks before we do. He's never been to kennels and hates all other humans, so he's going to have problems hence why I wont rehome him and he's going with us.
Old Dec 14th 2003, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

Jase the ace is an unknown quantity at this point

HI Guys,
Did you say £1300? :scared:
What do they do for this money?
Jase
Old Dec 14th 2003, 10:42 am
Monaco here we!!! oh no

ADELAIDE BOUND is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Jase the ace
HI Guys,
Did you say £1300? :scared:
What do they do for this money?
Jase

Believe it or not the little pooches do not travel business class. But it is the going rate.

Cheers,
Old Dec 14th 2003, 10:50 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

The accomodation for our dog at Byford Quarantine Staion in Perth was ok. You are allowed to visit your dog and they have a special area for you to take them and play.

Our dog put on a lot of weight but was ok. When they arrived it was summer and it gets very hot inland at Byford during the months January through March and she had a winter cost which must have been a bit hot!! When we visited they had temp of over 40c there but they cool them down with water sprays!!
Old Dec 14th 2003, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

gwrees is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by janeyray
The accomodation for our dog at Byford Quarantine Staion in Perth was ok. You are allowed to visit your dog and they have a special area for you to take them and play.

Our dog put on a lot of weight but was ok. When they arrived it was summer and it gets very hot inland at Byford during the months January through March and she had a winter cost which must have been a bit hot!! When we visited they had temp of over 40c there but they cool them down with water sprays!!

Cheers for that, at least the wife is happy now she knows she can go and play with the dog while he's in quarantine! Ours is a Staffy so he should be tough enough to cope but he's really just a soft arse!
Old Dec 14th 2003, 5:25 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Cheers for that, at least the wife is happy now she knows she can go and play with the dog while he's in quarantine! Ours is a Staffy so he should be tough enough to cope but he's really just a soft arse!
Hey ours is a Staffy too!! She put on loads of weight! Lovely dogs!

Old Dec 14th 2003, 5:57 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

hi,

the fee ....
shippers...
the cost of the container, advising you when to get dog vaccinated and blood tested.vet fees, flights, import permit.....approx $800 i think.

then you have the vaccines and blood tests to pay for and micro chip if you dont already have your pet done..

AND...the cost of quarantine on top so it all comes to approx £1200-1300 !!!!!:scared: :scared:

but we are soooooo glad that we brought our dog ..she has settled back to normal very quickly.
we sent her 2 weeks or so before we flew and didnt visit her at all.....we just collected her when she could come out. we just thought that for us and her not to visit would be the best way...longest 4 1/2 weeks i can tell you!!!!
Old Dec 14th 2003, 9:44 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

How come I am spending the same amount as you guys but there is no quarantine in NZ?

Hmmm - need to investigate this further.....
Old May 19th 2004, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

Teddybex is an unknown quantity at this point

We've had quotes from 5 companies so far to ship our dog to Oz. At the moment "Airpets" are coming out on top. They are based at Heathrow, which means there's no unnecessary travelling for him before his long flight! Still rather worried about him being in quaratine for 30 days though. He's 4 and we've only spent 1 night away from him so far (sad or wot??) so i'm a bit worried how he'll react to complete strangers and he's not kean on other dogs either, aren't we blessed!! :scared:
Old May 19th 2004, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of

Don't want to worry you but they are not on the ball there to say the least. Try and visit as often as you can as they will just tell you your dog is fine otherwise! We know one woman went to visit her dog and realised he had a very sore mouth. On closer examination one of his teeth had come out and his jaw was all swollen. The staff did not even notice!

You can also only visit between 2-4pm mon-fri but what they do not tell you is if you have children and have to collect them from school you can turn up from 1pm!!

The guy who runs the show is a complete ?*@"@&!

But hey 30 days is nothing-our dog has months in there!

Old May 20th 2004, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

thewoods is an unknown quantity at this point

hey melanieeeeeee

if you want to alienate people - you surely are going a good way about it - it seems to me that if something has gone on then you know of it or know of someone who has known about it!!!been reading a few of the threads you reply to , i dont usually contribute too much unless ti is worthwhile info but i would say that the sooner you go back to the uk , the better

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.