Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Dog tag details?

Dog tag details?

Old Jan 25th 2009, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

James_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really nice
Default Dog tag details?

Hi,

Our dog is up for parole in a week and bit......so we are sorting out a vet appointment and reading about registration etc. in Sydney. I am sure I have read somewhere he must have an id tag on his collar, which must contain certain details....does anyone know what this must include in Sydney?

Thanks James
Old Jan 25th 2009, 6:14 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dog tag details?

Originally Posted by James_SC
Hi,

Our dog is up for parole in a week and bit......so we are sorting out a vet appointment and reading about registration etc. in Sydney. I am sure I have read somewhere he must have an id tag on his collar, which must contain certain details....does anyone know what this must include in Sydney?

Thanks James
Name, serial number, religion, blood group?

Seriously, it would be better to contact your local council office for details, as they usually do the registration.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 7:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by James_SC
Hi,

Thanks James
Think you will find that in Sydney you have to have them microchipped. Cost: Council fees - $100 for lifetime non neutered
$20 (approx) for lifetime neutered
Plus ofcourse the vet's fee for the microchipping. Gave approx. for neutered cause I paid the $100 - could bring myself to give him the chop!! When you buy a pup here the breeder pays for the chip and you only pay for the registration.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 1:26 pm
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute

Well in South Australia and Queensland you register your dog with the local council and pay the fee (dog license). The tag you've heard of is I think the little plastic 'loop' the dog wears on it's collar to show that you have registered and paid for that year (each year it is a different colour) It is a pre-printed thing with just the councils name and a number on (to identify your account/details)

There are reductions in fees for training (recognized), desexing ( vetinary proof required)....and something else I can't recall right now .....my Husband helpfully suggested 'speaking a foreign language'......but I don't think that's right somehow

The fees can be increased too.....for example there are limits on how many dogs/animals you may keep according to the size of your land.....for example if we get a third dog we have to have an inspection and if we pass we get to pay an extra $300 odd dollars lol!

We also put on the regular kind of tag with just our address and telephone number.

No need to worry....honest :0)

P.S It was Microchipping :0)

Last edited by Jan4kids; Jan 25th 2009 at 1:30 pm.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 8:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute

They don't need the tag on their collar as all the info is on the chip. I know that the first thing that they do is scan the dog for the chip because my youngest son has an escape artist of a dog and which has been found all around the district and delivered to the local vet who rings them to say he has once again go his dog!! Last time she was found on the 3rd level of Castle Towers shopping centre, presumably looking for her master!!