Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Dog shipping recommendations and advice please!

Dog shipping recommendations and advice please!

Old Jul 6th 2007, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

quercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of light
Question Dog shipping recommendations and advice please!

Well I've got the import certificate but not sure what to do next. Book Eastern Creek, book dog flight or book our flights.

I'm trying to get quotes from agents. Golden Arrow have been recommended and they're local to me here in Shropshire, but I'm confused...they only seem to deal with Manchester airport. I thought all pets had to go through Heathrow?

Also my main concern is transit time as I know my baby will try and keep her little legs crossed while she's locked in her crate. Does anyone have knowlege of the shortest route?

The daft thing is we've done all this before. We went out in 01 and had to return in 02. I tried conacting the agent who took us out before, Worldwide Animal Travel, but the company who replied are based in Canada, so I don't know what happened to the UK one.

Any advice will be much appreciated, particularly if anyone has had poor service or experience. Thanks! Q
Old Jul 6th 2007, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

midwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Dog shipping recommendations and advice please!

I've only heard good things about golden arrow and we plan to use them, have had quotes etc, they dont have a website though but very efficient with snail mail! Here's telephone number for you: 01588 680 240
Old Jul 6th 2007, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

quercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks MW2B! I spoke to the man at Golden Arrow, and he was very helpful. I don't think I'll use them though as he would take Molly up to Manchester and put her on a flight for Heathrow, which seems a bit unnecessary.

I've been quoted £1034 from JSCLivestock who sound very efficient and are happy for me to take her to Heathrow before they take over. Apparently theres plenty of room at Eastern Creek, so I'll probably book all flight and everything on Monday!
Old Jul 7th 2007, 11:01 am
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by quercus
Well I've got the import certificate but not sure what to do next. Book Eastern Creek, book dog flight or book our flights.

I'm trying to get quotes from agents. Golden Arrow have been recommended and they're local to me here in Shropshire, but I'm confused...they only seem to deal with Manchester airport. I thought all pets had to go through Heathrow?

Also my main concern is transit time as I know my baby will try and keep her little legs crossed while she's locked in her crate. Does anyone have knowlege of the shortest route?

The daft thing is we've done all this before. We went out in 01 and had to return in 02. I tried conacting the agent who took us out before, Worldwide Animal Travel, but the company who replied are based in Canada, so I don't know what happened to the UK one.

Any advice will be much appreciated, particularly if anyone has had poor service or experience. Thanks! Q
We used golden arrow and they seemed good for our cat, he travelled from manchester to sydney then we used dog tainers to transport from eastern creek to airport where they put him on a flight to brissy, dog tainers were also quite cheap, pete
Old Jul 7th 2007, 11:06 am
BE Enthusiast

midwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of light

Didnt know he took them up to heathrow, but for me thats better really. Probably sound very unsympathetic but kenzi hates the car and cries/wails constantly - rather him than me The wailing would just add to my stress levels!!!!!

Hope it all goes well
Old Jul 8th 2007, 5:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pete jackson
We used golden arrow and they seemed good for our cat, he travelled from manchester to sydney then we used dog tainers to transport from eastern creek to airport where they put him on a flight to brissy, dog tainers were also quite cheap, pete
Thanks for that Pete, people speak well of them. I'm not sure where we'll be yet so I don't know if I'll have her sent on from Eastern Creek or collect her.

I'm feeling a bit anxious about our old cat, at 20 she wouldn't cope well with the trip. I'm hoping my sister will have her. Q
Old Jul 8th 2007, 5:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by midwife2be
Didnt know he took them up to heathrow, but for me thats better really. Probably sound very unsympathetic but kenzi hates the car and cries/wails constantly - rather him than me The wailing would just add to my stress levels!!!!!

Hope it all goes well
Ha ha! Im with you there! It's a stressful business without coping with the wailing!

Good luck with the trip! Q
Old Jul 8th 2007, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

JackSoCool will become famous soon enough

Ha ha! Im with you there! It's a stressful business without coping with the wailing!

Good luck with the trip! Q
Hi, we're using JCS livestock and they are sorting everything out from the cage to booking our westie into eastern creek - direct flight to sydney via singapore (22 hours). He has to be fed in the morning tfor a 10.15pm flight then nothing until he gets to eastern creek! They put a block of ice in their drink receptical so they don't drink all the liquid at once. This is replenished in singapore and a vet checks them over too apparently. We're worried about the trip too but apparently the animals tend to sleep most of the way, so we can only hope they will be ok.
Sally, Rich and Nemo dog
Old Jul 9th 2007, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JackSoCool
Hi, we're using JCS livestock and they are sorting everything out from the cage to booking our westie into eastern creek - direct flight to sydney via singapore (22 hours). He has to be fed in the morning tfor a 10.15pm flight then nothing until he gets to eastern creek! They put a block of ice in their drink receptical so they don't drink all the liquid at once. This is replenished in singapore and a vet checks them over too apparently. We're worried about the trip too but apparently the animals tend to sleep most of the way, so we can only hope they will be ok.
Sally, Rich and Nemo dog
Hi Sally, Rich & Nemo! When are you off? JCSL sound very professional, and I liked the way they put the animal welfare first. I didn't know about the ice, It's a good idea. I expect because it's dark and heated in the hold, with the sound of the engines they sleep or doze most of the way. I just hope theres no delays for them. Q & Molly
Old Jul 10th 2007, 10:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

MOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant future

I'm using Bristol Vale Kennels, they have been very helpful to me. They said that my dog will probably fly with Quantas, Heathrow-Singapore-Perth.
Don't know how far Bristol is from you though.