Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Dog identichip registration down under??

Dog identichip registration down under??

Old Dec 27th 2005, 7:16 pm
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of
Question Dog identichip registration down under??

This could be a stupid question?? I really can't work it out...

My dog is flying down under next week with us. Do I have to inform the UK identichip people that he will no longer be in the UK? Will he also automatically be on the Australian ID chip register when he gets there if they have one? Presume they will because they have to be chipped to get an import license??

Help...

Rachel
Old Dec 27th 2005, 10:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

zbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to all
Default Re: Dog identichip registration down under??

Originally Posted by Welshie

My dog is flying down under next week with us. Do I have to inform the UK identichip people that he will no longer be in the UK? Will he also automatically be on the Australian ID chip register when he gets there if they have one? Presume they will because they have to be chipped to get an import license??

Help...

Rachel
Hi Rachel

Dont have a clue.
Hope someone replys.
Moving over in 5 months with my 2 dogs.
Any information would help.

Beth
Old Dec 28th 2005, 4:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya, I don't think you have to inform the UK peeps.
The quarantine people gave us the forms for the "Australasian Animal Registry", you send off a small payment and write out the chip number from the UK plus a few other details (not a lot, just stuff like breed etc).
Their email is [email protected] and website is www.arg.org.au
Old Dec 28th 2005, 5:21 am
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Larissa
website is www.arg.org.au
mini misspell.... www.aar.org.uk
Old Dec 28th 2005, 6:13 am
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Welshie

Help...

Rachel

Hi Rachel

I didnt tell UK, but when we got here i registered same chip number with the lostdogs home animal register on line, not sure of the webaddress, just key in lost dogs home and it should come up, then click on the link to the register..... hope this helps

good luck

laura
x
Old Dec 28th 2005, 6:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YoSemite
mini misspell.... www.aar.org.uk
Ta for spotting that, I have a bit of a migraine going on today!
Old Dec 28th 2005, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

i'm sure you'll be able to repay the favour one day....... my spelling is onr... notri.......... really bad!!!
Old Dec 28th 2005, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

Polyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud of

http://www.aar.org.au/Forms/AARMicro...AndPayment.pdf

Here's the form.

There is no need to inform the UK chip database, (they still have all the records of deceased and emigrated pets) - the database just continues to grow. Some of the companies are now worldwide wrt database entry - so cancelling in the UK could be a problem re re-registering in Oz. G.