Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

In the dog house......

In the dog house......

Old Jun 19th 2007, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

gordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to all
Default In the dog house......

Very worried!

Snoopy the dog left Scotland to head to Perth yesterday.

I received a call last night at 11.00 p.m. to say that he wasnt allowed to board the aircraft at London - however as there was no office staff around - at this present moment - they have no idea why!!!!!!

No doubt I'll find out this morning.

I really hope he is okay.

I feel really guilty cos of what I'm putting him through - however I dont know what I'll be like if they say he is unfit to travel.

It's a no win situation.....

I'm in the dumps - and no doubt the dog is too......

Laura
Old Jun 19th 2007, 8:01 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In the dog house......

Originally Posted by gordon&laura
Very worried!

I received a call last night at 11.00 p.m. to say that he wasnt allowed to board the aircraft at London - however as there was no office staff around - at this present moment - they have no idea why!!!!!!

I feel really guilty cos of what I'm putting him through - however I dont know what I'll be like if they say he is unfit to travel.

Laura

Hopefully you should find out why and what as happened. It could be something simple like he is stressed.

When I did a days work at the Animal Quarantine Unit at Heathrow, I know if an animal was displaying significant signs of stress, sometimes they would hold it back until the next flight until he/she had settled.

Easy to say but try not to worry and as soon as its possible, find out what has gone on, and what you can do next.

The staff have to be so careful with animals that if there are any doubts, they wont let them board.

It may well be nothing to worry about.

Old Jun 19th 2007, 8:03 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Very worried!

Laura
awe poor Snoopy....he will be ok....Keep us posted xx
Old Jun 19th 2007, 8:12 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

Hope you can find out what has happened and that Snoopy is OK.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

CassienJames is just really niceCassienJames is just really niceCassienJames is just really niceCassienJames is just really niceCassienJames is just really niceCassienJames is just really niceCassienJames is just really niceCassienJames is just really niceCassienJames is just really nice

Hope everything is ok with Snoopy, let us know how you get on.
I'm sure they have his best interests and like the others have said just wouldn't risk it if he was feeling/showing stress. How does he travel in the car usually, could the journey from Scotland bothered him?

Cassie
Old Jun 19th 2007, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear, how worrying that must be for you. I hope its something simple and he's on his way soon.

Fingers crossed
Old Jun 19th 2007, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

gordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to all

Originally Posted by CassienJames
Hope everything is ok with Snoopy, let us know how you get on.
I'm sure they have his best interests and like the others have said just wouldn't risk it if he was feeling/showing stress. How does he travel in the car usually, could the journey from Scotland bothered him?

Cassie
Hi there

He flew from Scotland to Heathrow.

I just got a call there - it seems that there has been a human error - by not just one person - but 3!!!!! All at different stages.

It appears they 'forgot' about him! And by the time they found out - it was too late for him to get checked and board th aircraft.

He is now booked to travel tonight.

However the vet has still not checked him - nor has his paperwork been checked either.

So it seems I need to go through all this process again tonight!!!

Fingers crossed.

Laura
Old Jun 19th 2007, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Olias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to behold

Had you sedated him? If so, it's not recommended as it does not allow the staff to assess whether your dog is ill or not...Just a thought.

Hope everything works out
Old Jun 19th 2007, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Olias
Had you sedated him? If so, it's not recommended as it does not allow the staff to assess whether your dog is ill or not...Just a thought.

Hope everything works out
Nah - he didnt get any sedation.

You would have thought I did sedate him however with the look on his face!!!

Laura
Old Jun 19th 2007, 10:56 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there

He flew from Scotland to Heathrow.

I just got a call there - it seems that there has been a human error - by not just one person - but 3!!!!! All at different stages.

It appears they 'forgot' about him! And by the time they found out - it was too late for him to get checked and board th aircraft.

He is now booked to travel tonight.

However the vet has still not checked him - nor has his paperwork been checked either.

So it seems I need to go through all this process again tonight!!!

Fingers crossed.

Laura
you seem very calm about this - i think i would be worried sick!
i am more worried about shipping my dog than i am about moving my whole family to the other side of the world!

hope snoopy is ok and manages to catch the next flight!

Tiggs
Old Jun 19th 2007, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

storms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant future

Hope all goes well for Snoopy.

Our Dog and Cat are flying from Ireland and have an overnight stay at Heathrow, you feel so bad for them.

Hope Snoopy gets off OK and enjoys the flight!

Storms
Old Jun 19th 2007, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by storms
Hope all goes well for Snoopy.

Our Dog and Cat are flying from Ireland and have an overnight stay at Heathrow, you feel so bad for them.

Hope Snoopy gets off OK and enjoys the flight!

Storms
Thanks for all your kind wishes.

I am stressed out - seriously!

I'm at work at the mo - and cant concentrate on anything!!!

We fly out 2 weeks today.

Laura
Old Jun 19th 2007, 1:40 pm
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all your kind wishes.

I am stressed out - seriously!

I'm at work at the mo - and cant concentrate on anything!!!

We fly out 2 weeks today.

Laura
At least you know he didnt go cos of daft humans rather than him being upset! Im sure he'll be fine-just imagine him enjoying his new doggy life in the sun with you in a months time My cousin's dog (King Charles spaniel) was 9 when he flew and not in the best of health and he arrived safe & sound and has been sniffing his way happily around Adelaide ever since...
Old Jun 19th 2007, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JoolsB
At least you know he didnt go cos of daft humans rather than him being upset! Im sure he'll be fine-just imagine him enjoying his new doggy life in the sun with you in a months time My cousin's dog (King Charles spaniel) was 9 when he flew and not in the best of health and he arrived safe & sound and has been sniffing his way happily around Adelaide ever since...

Hi Jools

That's good to know - Snoopy is 8.

So far no health problems.

He'll be sniffing here, there and everywhere no doubt!!! He better watch the redbacks.....

That breed have so sad eyes.

I'll let you all know tomorrow how it goes!

Laura
Old Jun 20th 2007, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

Hi Jools

That's good to know - Snoopy is 8.

So far no health problems.

He'll be sniffing here, there and everywhere no doubt!!! He better watch the redbacks.....

That breed have so sad eyes.

I'll let you all know tomorrow how it goes!

Laura
Hi all

Hooooraaayyyyy

Snoopy left for Perth at 9.00 p.m. last night - he'll be winging his way to Singapore as we speak.......

He'll soon be sniffing his way about Perth shortly.

Thanks.

Laura

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.