Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Dog Dies In Transit To Australia

Dog Dies In Transit To Australia

Old May 1st 2005, 10:27 pm
Professional Princess

Angry Dog Dies In Transit To Australia

This story really concerned me and I dont know if you guys read it, it was in todays 'Sunday Express'

FAMILY PET JOE DIES OF THIRST ON BA FLIGHT

Ed and Sheila Smith decided to give their daughter Julie a birthday surprise, so they paid £3000 to have the family's dog flown out to her in Australia.

But they were devastated when Joe their 'extra special' border collie died of thirst on the 32 hour British Airways flight.

Basically, the dog died of dehydration and overheating.

BA said they 'insisted they were cleared of any blame'.

Bloody scary stuff if you ask me and makes me think twice about taking Gordon.

The fact this has happened to one animal, is more than enough and it doesnt matter who is responsible, it should not have happened in the first place.

Old May 1st 2005, 10:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olive101 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Dog Dies In Transit To Australia

Dreadful story.

I appreciate that I am completely selfish in wanting to fly our cat out to be with us (hell, if the roles were reversed I am sure she wouldn't want to fly us out).

No logic too it though - it breaks your heart just to think of leaving them.

It makes me realise though that no matter how carefully we pick the UK pet shipment company - she will still be in unknown hands once she arrives at LHR...
Old May 1st 2005, 10:34 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
This story really concerned me and I dont know if you guys read it, it was in todays 'Sunday Express'

FAMILY PET JOE DIES OF THIRST ON BA FLIGHT

Ed and Sheila Smith decided to give their daughter Julie a birthday surprise, so they paid £3000 to have the family's dog flown out to her in Australia.

But they were devastated when Joe their 'extra special' border collie died of thirst on the 32 hour British Airways flight.

Basically, the dog died of dehydration and overheating.

BA said they 'insisted they were cleared of any blame'.

Bloody scary stuff if you ask me and makes me think twice about taking Gordon.

The fact this has happened to one animal, is more than enough and it doesnt matter who is responsible, it should not have happened in the first place.
Surely the RSPCA in either country can do something about it.
Old May 1st 2005, 11:41 pm
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

Why? It's a dog, the English care more for their animals (and will give them more $£) than they will needy people.

Bizarre.
Originally Posted by The Bloke
Surely the RSPCA in either country can do something about it.
Old May 2nd 2005, 12:16 am
Forum Regular

Roy Edward Taylor is an unknown quantity at this point

Not everyone is speciest and regards people as more valuable than other animals.
I don't.
Old May 2nd 2005, 12:19 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

Never said you did, I just made a comment on my native countrymen.

ps, never heard the word speciest before, will help my scrabble!!
Originally Posted by Roy Edward Taylor
Not everyone is speciest and regards people as more valuable than other animals.
I don't.
Old May 2nd 2005, 12:20 am
"Whats That In Pounds?"

PIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Roy Edward Taylor
I don't.
Speciest? What a cool word! You learn something new everyday!
Old May 2nd 2005, 12:20 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

well that's my quota then
Originally Posted by PIXAU
Speciest? What a cool word! You learn something new everyday!
Old May 2nd 2005, 12:21 am
"Whats That In Pounds?"

PIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by MJC
well that's my quota then
and mine!
Old May 2nd 2005, 12:23 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

For a month!!
and mine!
Old May 2nd 2005, 12:25 am
"Whats That In Pounds?"

Originally Posted by MJC
For a month!!
Just read your reply to Mercedes - classic!
Old May 2nd 2005, 12:26 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

What, as in she/he's a 1956 gullwing, or a 1970's banger?
Just read your reply to Mercedes - classic!
Old May 2nd 2005, 12:28 am
"Whats That In Pounds?"

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Just think aloud here, but if 'Joe' was that 'extra-special' why put the poor bugger on a 32 hour flight with British Scareways!!!! Could have sent him with Fedex - they do great deals for next day delivery!
Old May 2nd 2005, 12:31 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

They could alway's have done a deal with the South Koreans......

Just think aloud here, but if 'Joe' was that 'extra-special' why put the poor bugger on a 32 hour flight with British Scareways!!!! Could have sent him with Fedex - they do great deals for next day delivery!
Old May 2nd 2005, 12:34 am
"Whats That In Pounds?"

Originally Posted by MJC
They could alway's have done a deal with the South Koreans......
... and would you like fries with that Sir?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.