British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Dog Boarding Kennels,Any recomendations? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/dog-boarding-kennels-any-recomendations-320482/)

madsad Aug 17th 2005 3:17 am

Dog Boarding Kennels,Any recomendations?

Hi,

Has anyone used any of the dog boarding kennels around Brisbane & could suggest/recommend one?

Just looking for 4 days boarding for our dog so we can move house,without having to worry about an over excited pup needing attention!

Thanks ;)

Donna

Hels Aug 17th 2005 3:27 am

Re: Dog Boarding Kennels,Any recomendations?

Originally Posted by madsad
Hi,

Has anyone used any of the dog boarding kennels around Brisbane & could suggest/recommend one?

Just looking for 4 days boarding for our dog so we can move house,without having to worry about an over excited pup needing attention!

Thanks ;)

Donna

Hi Donna,

I am not sure if they do it in Brissy, but the RSPCA here in Bendigo boards animals and its not very expensive at all. Our cat has boarded with them a couple of times now and has been well cared for and its only cost us $7 per day.

I used to work at the Yeronga RSPCA but cant remember them having a boarding service. Wouldnt hurt to give them a call though as they might do it now.

Good luck,

Hels

surfdude Aug 17th 2005 4:12 am

Hi,

Thanks ;)

Donna

Don't know where you are moving to, I can recommend a couple in the Bayside area if you are interested ?
You have given me a good idea as our doggy will need a home whilst we move !

Good luck remember to pack the wine glasses at the top of a box !
SD ;)

A dogs life Aug 17th 2005 5:24 am

Originally Posted by surfdude
Don't know where you are moving to, I can recommend a couple in the Bayside area if you are interested ?
You have given me a good idea as our doggy will need a home whilst we move !

Good luck remember to pack the wine glasses at the top of a box !
SD ;)

Oh, I need a few recommendations for boarding kennels in bayside area (near Cleveland preferably). We need to stow Jock away for two nights during the Riverfire festival. He's not very good with other dogs, and he came from the Animal Welfare League, so I'd rather not upset him by thinking hes been abandoned again.

So any good quality, single dog to a kennel, dog housing recommendations?

madsad Aug 17th 2005 6:04 am

Hi,

We are in Northlakes,moving to the Strathpine area,phoned around a few & the price range is from $10-$16 a day(food inc),which is really good i thought! Just wanted to see if anyone on here had used a boarding kennel & what they thought of it before i book Harley in.

Has anyone used Bayside Boarding,Deception Bay? think i will book him in there. $10 a day + food. owner seemed really nice & chatted away :p

Donna.

Ps,Thanks Hels & SD ;)

surfdude Aug 17th 2005 6:25 am

Originally Posted by A dogs life
Oh, I need a few recommendations for boarding kennels in bayside area (near Cleveland preferably). We need to stow Jock away for two nights during the Riverfire festival. He's not very good with other dogs, and he came from the Animal Welfare League, so I'd rather not upset him by thinking hes been abandoned again.

So any good quality, single dog to a kennel, dog housing recommendations?

Hi,
Definately recommend Woofers Boarding Kennels - home from home, very clean $15.00 a day inc food Tel: 3206 4909. Address is 14 Worthing Road, Victoria Point ( its actually more Thornlands than Vic Point). Run by expats !

Also Redland Bay Boarding Kennel same price as above, Tel: 3206 8676. Address 17 Double Jump Road, Redland Bay (actually more Vic. Point than Redlands Bay !)

Hope this helps, SD.

logan Aug 17th 2005 7:05 am

Hi Donna,
Been doing a little work at the RSPCA at Dakabin (10min down the road) and they have boarding there too. Can't remember prices but I'm going tomorrow so I'll check tomorrow and let you know. I remember thinking they were reasonable. They don't have volunteers looking after the boarding animals, so it'd be RSPCA staff if that makes a difference.

A dogs life Aug 17th 2005 7:06 am

Originally Posted by surfdude
Hi,
Definately recommend Woofers Boarding Kennels - home from home, very clean $15.00 a day inc food Tel: 3206 4909. Address is 14 Worthing Road, Victoria Point ( its actually more Thornlands than Vic Point). Run by expats !

Also Redland Bay Boarding Kennel same price as above, Tel: 3206 8676. Address 17 Double Jump Road, Redland Bay (actually more Vic. Point than Redlands Bay !)

Hope this helps, SD.

Thanks for that SD. I'll definitely check them out at the weekend, I imagine they'll be very busy over the riverfire weekend, so I better book soon!

Cheers,

madsad Aug 17th 2005 7:24 am

Ive booked him in with Bayside Boarding,one thing less to worry about,wonder if there is a place to board 3 kids :rolleyes: :D !!!

Donna.

logan Aug 17th 2005 7:32 am

Ive booked him in with Bayside Boarding,one thing less to worry about,wonder if there is a place to board 3 kids :rolleyes: :D !!!

Donna.

You'll have to let us know how he gets on. We need to do something with the cats when get married in Scotland next May...I'm the only petsitter for Paws north of the river :(