DOG TO AUS

Old Dec 26th 2001, 8:11 pm
FOX
Forum Regular

FOX is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,
I was hoping somebody could help. Could somebody give me an idea of the cost involved in shipping a dog to aus, plus all associated costs. Looking at some old postings it seems to be a lot cheaper if you do as much of the paperwork as possible yourself, so I intend to do that.

Any info or contacts very much appreciated
Thanks Sarah
Old Dec 28th 2001, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

britbird is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dogs!

We are taking our dog to Aus and reckon it'll cost about £1,000. 600 - 700 for the air fare from here and the rest in kenneling fees the other end. It's 30 days quarentine but there is no kennels in Brisbane which is where we're headed, so we will dribe down to Syder's and collect the dog and sight see at the same time.
I do have a few names and numbers if your interested.
Britbird
Old Jan 2nd 2002, 1:57 am
Forum Regular

dave66 is an unknown quantity at this point

A friend of mine recently did this, he said the flight for the dog cost more than for 4 adults !!!! Then there are a lots of hidden costs once you get to Australia, lots of custom bills, quarantine bills to pay etc. Check it out throughly before doing it. It is extremely expensive, by all accounts.