Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Does th CO not make a decision 'til after the date on the meds request???

Does th CO not make a decision 'til after the date on the meds request???

Old Nov 9th 2004, 1:13 pm
Phil is NOT a bloke!!!!

philian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the rough
Question Does th CO not make a decision 'til after the date on the meds request???

Sorry to whinge on about the trivial, but I am slowly going out of my mind now!!!!

We are just about (according to Timeline) the last of the Pre July MODL applicants left. When the meds request came thru' it said we only had til Nov 23rd to submit requested info. Does that mean our case won't be looked at again til then, even though we submitted the stuff 2 weeks ago?
I know in the grand scheme of things it's only a couple of weeks off but I am worried sick. We feel an added pressure as Ian will be 45 at the end of January and just really want a decision so we can relax......or panic and prepare for the next application

I'm not normally a miserable, whinging, pessimist (honest). Any indication would be appreciated,

Cheer,

Phil x
Old Nov 9th 2004, 1:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Does th CO not make a decision 'til after the date on the meds request???

Originally Posted by philian4

Sorry to whinge on about the trivial, but I am slowly going out of my mind now!!!!

We are just about (according to Timeline) the last of the Pre July MODL applicants left. When the meds request came thru' it said we only had til Nov 23rd to submit requested info. Does that mean our case won't be looked at again til then, even though we submitted the stuff 2 weeks ago?
I know in the grand scheme of things it's only a couple of weeks off but I am worried sick. We feel an added pressure as Ian will be 45 at the end of January and just really want a decision so we can relax......or panic and prepare for the next application

I'm not normally a miserable, whinging, pessimist (honest). Any indication would be appreciated,

Cheer,

Phil x
I sent them an email a few weeks after sending meds etc in ....just to check they had received them ok...never had a reply back....only a phone call from agent the following day to say we had visas so way I see it, you've paid your money, you want to make sure they've arrived ok, drop them a line and check, does no harm

Teresa
Old Nov 9th 2004, 1:46 pm
heehaugh

Granger will become famous soon enoughGranger will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: Does th CO not make a decision 'til after the date on the meds request???

Phil, Just you mutter on, its better to get it off you chest. We all understand and I think everyone posts these same threads when waiting. I too had a dealine of 1st November and case officer e.mailed me on 8th November saying I had got visa . But going by Timeline it does seem that they are trying to get all the pre July MODL out fast. I think they will be looking at it now, it appears that if you don't get everything to them by then, they will not continue with application. You have sent everthing required, so e.mail case officer and ask if everthing is in place, well that's what I asked. Good luck.
Old Nov 9th 2004, 2:23 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does th CO not make a decision 'til after the date on the meds request???

Cheer,

Phil x
Phil,were a Pre-July MODL too! Still waiting too!
Asked our agent if he would email our case officer to find out whats happening with us as they have all our meds & stuff-ages ago!

Donna.
Old Nov 9th 2004, 3:17 pm
Phil is NOT a bloke!!!!

philian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: Does th CO not make a decision 'til after the date on the meds request???

Thanks everyone....it can be lonely living on the edge! Nice to know you're out there!!!!!

I'll email the CO this evening, after the 300 bars of chocolate but before the vodka

Thank you!

Phil x
Old Nov 9th 2004, 4:44 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone....it can be lonely living on the edge! Nice to know you're out there!!!!!

I'll email the CO this evening, after the 300 bars of chocolate but before the vodka

Thank you!

Phil x

Phil,Did you notice there was a June lodged Nurse got their grant today?on the immigration forum.

Donna.
Old Nov 9th 2004, 4:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

vikk will become famous soon enoughvikk will become famous soon enough

We feel an added pressure as Ian will be 45 at the end of January
I thought your age was frozen on the date of application acknowledgement anyway. Or does this vary from subclass to subclass?
Old Nov 9th 2004, 5:49 pm
Phil is NOT a bloke!!!!

Smile Re: Does th CO not make a decision 'til after the date on the meds request???

Originally Posted by madsad
Phil,Did you notice there was a June lodged Nurse got their grant today?on the immigration forum.

Donna.
Hi Donna,

I did, I think that's what has got me in a state!!!! Ian, although a nurse has worked freelance in Occ. Health with some safety thrown in. He had to supply extra proof of employment and prove he still works as a nurse - all this is making me twitchy.

The comment about Ian's age is just that I'm so worried there'll be a hitch with this and possibly get refused (although he fits the criteria it's just me being paranoid!) I would just be beside myself if we got refused at the eleventh hour and had days to attempt another class of visa. Just being neurotic, and as I keep saying, I'm not normally like this -so not thinking rationally!!

I feel awful for posting this as I know others wait so long (years even) and it's only been a few months.

If we get the yellow envelope, I won't need to post it........you'll hear the scream from our hallway :scared:

Thanks again xx
Old Nov 9th 2004, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

vikk will become famous soon enoughvikk will become famous soon enough

The comment about Ian's age is just that I'm so worried there'll be a hitch with this and possibly get refused (although he fits the criteria it's just me being paranoid!) I would just be beside myself if we got refused at the eleventh hour and had days to attempt another class of visa. Just being neurotic, and as I keep saying, I'm not normally like this -so not thinking rationally!!
No worries, We all go through bursts of paranoia at the moment, I've been asking obvious questions too, just incase! This whole process makes you doubt everything doesn't it. And as for thinking rationally- I can't remember that far back. It was before Jan 04 though!
Old Nov 9th 2004, 7:24 pm
Phil is NOT a bloke!!!!

Talking Re: Does th CO not make a decision 'til after the date on the meds request???

Originally Posted by vikk
No worries, We all go through bursts of paranoia at the moment, I've been asking obvious questions too, just incase! This whole process makes you doubt everything doesn't it. And as for thinking rationally- I can't remember that far back. It was before Jan 04 though!
HeHe

I think what I really want is for someone to give me a crystal ball!! Took the bull by the horns and emailed the CO......the worst she can do is ignore it!

Thanks for your support

Phil x
Old Nov 9th 2004, 8:08 pm
addicted members

Bigmo&co is on a distinguished road

Hi, We are pre July MODL as well not sure what date in Nov our meds had to be there exactly but they have had them since 20th September. Our sponsor has been to centre link and they have yet to recieve them. Their advice was to shout louder and get them to send them on. We asked our agent to do so last week but we have not heard back from them. Like you we cannot think of anything else and last night I decided to e.mail dimia in Adelaide myself and at least I got to winge to them in an e.mail but whether we get a reply or not is another question, probably they will put it back to the bottom of the pile but I felt good after I wrote it.

A very impatient

Brian&Elaine
Old Nov 9th 2004, 10:16 pm
Phil is NOT a bloke!!!!

Talking Re: Does th CO not make a decision 'til after the date on the meds request???

Originally Posted by elaine morrison
Hi, We are pre July MODL as well not sure what date in Nov our meds had to be there exactly but they have had them since 20th September. Our sponsor has been to centre link and they have yet to recieve them. Their advice was to shout louder and get them to send them on. We asked our agent to do so last week but we have not heard back from them. Like you we cannot think of anything else and last night I decided to e.mail dimia in Adelaide myself and at least I got to winge to them in an e.mail but whether we get a reply or not is another question, probably they will put it back to the bottom of the pile but I felt good after I wrote it.

A very impatient

Brian&Elaine
Hi Brian and Elaine,

I've sent an email to our CO, ate my own body weight in chocolate and I have to say I do feel a little less stressed......though thankfully we don't have centrelink to contend with too!

Now-decisions,decisions.Do I sit in front of the screen all night in case she contacts me????

Maybe not!

Phil x
Old Nov 9th 2004, 10:22 pm

Hi Brian and Elaine,

I've sent an email to our CO, ate my own body weight in chocolate and I have to say I do feel a little less stressed......though thankfully we don't have centrelink to contend with too!

Now-decisions,decisions.Do I sit in front of the screen all night in case she contacts me????

Maybe not!

Phil x

Let us all know if you get a reply & fingers are crossed for a good one .

Donna.
Old Nov 9th 2004, 10:25 pm
Phil is NOT a bloke!!!!

Originally Posted by madsad
Let us all know if you get a reply & fingers are crossed for a good one .

Donna.
Don't worry I'll let you know! Not expecting to hear anything but it is calming to think you're at least doing something.

Phil x
Old Nov 9th 2004, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

surfdude is a jewel in the roughsurfdude is a jewel in the roughsurfdude is a jewel in the roughsurfdude is a jewel in the rough

Hi Donna,

I did, I think that's what has got me in a state!!!! Ian, although a nurse has worked freelance in Occ. Health with some safety thrown in. He had to supply extra proof of employment and prove he still works as a nurse - all this is making me twitchy.

I feel awful for posting this as I know others wait so long (years even) and it's only been a few months.

If we get the yellow envelope, I won't need to post it........you'll hear the scream from our hallway :scared:

Thanks again xx

I really feel for you as I remember this part of the process soooooo well ! I hope you don't mind me putting my twopenny worth in but hopefully it may ease the stress. The Aussies are extremely laid back and we have just had the Melbourne Cup, which, as we now know, the whole of Au stops for. Also with Xmas coming up work is starting to slow down. If your Meds are OK, I'm sure you will have no problems.
The same happened to us last year. We sent off medicals middle of October and still hadn't heard by end of November so I e-mailed them to check they had received everything Ok - the response was Yes and Yes your in ! We had to wait until the 12th of December to receive the actual yellow envelope ! Boy what a Christmas we had.
Wishing you every success - I'll listen out for your scream !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.