Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Does this sound unusual?

Does this sound unusual?

Old Jun 7th 2007, 4:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Does this sound unusual?

I have been applying for jobs in Oz.
One place in Townsville told me they really struggle to find qualified people so far up north. They checked with their HR department who told them that they could sponsor me if they couldn't find anyone in Oz.
The job closed two weeks ago tomorrow. I have just had a phone call from my last boss to let me know he had sent off my references for the job. They haven't even contacted me to ask for an interview.
Is this unusual? I had one job lined up which fell through in Oz and they asked for my references after interviewing me.

Ohhhh, getting excited.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 5:49 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does this sound unusual?

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
One place in Townsville told me they really struggle to find qualified people so far up north. They checked with their HR department who told them that they could sponsor me if they couldn't find anyone in Oz.
The job closed two weeks ago tomorrow. I have just had a phone call from my last boss to let me know he had sent off my references for the job. They haven't even contacted me to ask for an interview.
Is this unusual? I had one job lined up which fell through in Oz and they asked for my references after interviewing me.

Ohhhh, getting excited.

I have absolutely no idea, but good luck anyway
Old Jun 7th 2007, 6:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

sals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to all

Ohhhh, getting excited.
We had references before interview, maybe they'll do a phone interview when they've checked you out.
Good luck and I'm going to Townsville too. Hopefully end of July. There's at least a couple of us on here going there so we can have a BE Townsville meetup. Keep in touch if you're interested
sals
Old Jun 7th 2007, 6:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Sals, Are you being sponsored? The job I'm after is at the Uni, maybe it is just their way.
I am trying to stop myself getting too excited, but it's hard.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

sals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to all

Sals, Are you being sponsored? The job I'm after is at the Uni, maybe it is just their way.
I am trying to stop myself getting too excited, but it's hard.
Yep I'm being sponsored under a labour agreement by the Queensland Ambulance Service. Like I said we had ref's first, it was a bit difficult cos had to tell boss and ask for references before interviews or def decided wanted to go etc they called it a performance and integrity evaluation? I applied Feb with this and interviewed March in London. Some people applied as early as September last year and not interviewed til March! I know it's difficult not to get excited but they definitely wouldn't have asked for ref's if not at least interested IMHO anyway. Good luck
Old Jun 7th 2007, 6:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks.
Luckily my boss already knows I want to move to Oz, infact I think he wants rid of me, he can get two juniors for my wage. He hasn't told me if they have asked for a reference from him yet. First thing tomorrow I will be jumping around him to find out.
He did have to do a reference for me for a job in Sydney back in December which fell through, so hopefully he might still have some of it saved.

Good luck with your move.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks.
Luckily my boss already knows I want to move to Oz, infact I think he wants rid of me, he can get two juniors for my wage. He hasn't told me if they have asked for a reference from him yet. First thing tomorrow I will be jumping around him to find out.
He did have to do a reference for me for a job in Sydney back in December which fell through, so hopefully he might still have some of it saved.

Good luck with your move.
Thanks you too