Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

does my husband need a TRA assessment?

does my husband need a TRA assessment?

Old Feb 20th 2005, 7:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

honeybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant future
Default does my husband need a TRA assessment?

can anyone give much needed advice???

we have our visas, i am a nurse and went in on my job... husband is a joiner, does he need a tra assessment to work in oz? did a bit research, getting different results.... are his references and city and guilds enough to get him a job or do we have to apply for a TRA certificate as well..... his references are very good and cover all aspects of his job and so on...

this however, will probably not be enough....

cheers, bob...
Old Feb 21st 2005, 8:35 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: does my husband need a TRA assessment?

Must admit I thought it was only electricians that needed to do a TRA once they arrive in Oz, but it might be worth contacting some recruitment agencies in the area you're migrating to, I'm sure they'd know the answer.
Old Feb 21st 2005, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

honeybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant future
Default Re: does my husband need a TRA assessment?

Originally Posted by bridiej
Must admit I thought it was only electricians that needed to do a TRA once they arrive in Oz, but it might be worth contacting some recruitment agencies in the area you're migrating to, I'm sure they'd know the answer.
cheers bridiej, i thought he only needed his TRA if we had got in to Australia on his job... TRA is the assessing body for joiners on the DIMIA website..

was told by the ever helpful Biggy that he dosen't need it as he got in on my PR visa, he just needs to apply for his license... thanks for the info though, much appreciated......

it is bleaching down with snow here and a car has just skidded across the bloody road!! sick of snow, snow, snow.... sorry for rambling...