Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Does this happen in Brisbane?

Does this happen in Brisbane?

Old May 28th 2007, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute
Default Does this happen in Brisbane?

Hi, me n the wife are due to come over to Brisbane about september.

Over here in the UK she loves to get out with the girls for a good old gossip and a drink round the local pubs. I'm sure all you brit birds know the type of night out I mean.

Do you girls still do that when you get to Oz or is it all barbecues round ya mates garden?

Jazzy s
Old May 28th 2007, 9:00 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does this happen in Brisbane?

Originally Posted by jazzys
Hi, me n the wife are due to come over to Brisbane about september.

Over here in the UK she loves to get out with the girls for a good old gossip and a drink round the local pubs. I'm sure all you brit birds know the type of night out I mean.

Do you girls still do that when you get to Oz or is it all barbecues round ya mates garden?

Jazzy s
We used to have a really popular Brissy Girls Drinking Club - had 25-30 people one night! If she's up for a night out, I'm sure we can rustle a few up and have another go, I can think of a few that might be interested. Stay on the forum, and raise the question again nearer the time, we'll fix something

Are you going north or south, or don't you know yet? Not that it matters, the trains are good to most areas
Old May 28th 2007, 9:02 am
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

You're slowing down - you usually have your hand up for a drink in much less than 40 minutes. You get a job and lose your edge LOL
Old May 28th 2007, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure whether it's North or South yet. I'll be coming over first so I can find a job and a rental.

So it all depends really on where I get a job etc.

Thanks for the offer, brilliant. She's probably gunna need a few shoulders to cry on though cos she's gunna miss her family big time. I'm sure you've all been there. Or am I wrong?

Jazzys
Old May 28th 2007, 9:50 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 232Bar
You're slowing down - you usually have your hand up for a drink in much less than 40 minutes. You get a job and lose your edge LOL
Small problem - Bloke was using the phone so I couldn't get on the computer!!!
Old May 28th 2007, 9:56 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by jazzys
Not sure whether it's North or South yet. I'll be coming over first so I can find a job and a rental.

So it all depends really on where I get a job etc.

Thanks for the offer, brilliant. She's probably gunna need a few shoulders to cry on though cos she's gunna miss her family big time. I'm sure you've all been there. Or am I wrong?

Jazzys
No, you're not wrong, and I'm sure we can rustle up all types, those that miss them and those that don't.
Tell her not to worry, there's quite a few here who like a night out. If you go back through the archives, probably 2004-5 time you'll find the previous meets of the Drinking Club, just in case she isn't convinced

I usually drink mineral water of course, but I have been known to have the occasional glass of wine
Old May 28th 2007, 9:58 am
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Small problem - Bloke was using the phone so I couldn't get on the computer!!!
Always did think he was heartless
Old May 28th 2007, 9:59 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I usually drink mineral water of course, but I have been known to have the occasional glass of wine
Like I've been known to sip a half of Guiness
Old May 28th 2007, 10:11 am
Home and Happy

Always did think he was heartless
He seemed to think discussing his mother's cold was more important than my posting on BE...... but then he had a chat to his brother who is supplying me with 2 free slabs of Boddington's so I can't complain!

Like I've been known to sip a half of Guiness
Yeah, just as likely