Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Does it ever get cold in Oz?

Does it ever get cold in Oz?

Old Jan 13th 2010, 8:53 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does it ever get cold in Oz?

Originally Posted by Aussie30
There is a HUGE difference when you include the fact that in the UK you might not have even seen the sun for the entire day and then it goes down at 4pm! It is sooooo depressing!
I don't ever remember being depressed....but we're all different.

I've been in the UK over the last 2 xmases....and in both of them had a hell of a lot of sunny weather....freezing cold, but sunny.

Pics I took on the way to the airport last week - sky was like this a lot of the time I was there...
Attached Thumbnails Does it ever get cold in Oz?-img_0539s.jpg   Does it ever get cold in Oz?-img_0541s.jpg  
Old Jan 13th 2010, 8:54 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
I wouldn't let the sunset bother you too much. There is more to life than that.
The early sunsets seem to bother a lot of people on here...

But I agree with you

Old Jan 13th 2010, 8:58 pm
Account Closed

Aussie30 is an unknown quantity at this point

I wouldn't let the sunset bother you too much. There is more to life than that.
Huh?
Old Jan 13th 2010, 9:00 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Huh?
You keep banging on about how depressing everything is in UK...chill out.
Old Jan 13th 2010, 9:01 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bcworld
I don't ever remember being depressed....but we're all different.

I've been in the UK over the last 2 xmases....and in both of them had a hell of a lot of sunny weather....freezing cold, but sunny.

Pics I took on the way to the airport last week - sky was like this a lot of the time I was there...
I agree last Christmas in the UK there was quite a bit of sun, as for in January and February well there wasn't and it isn't just me who felt depressed at times, a lot people in the UK suffer from a similar feeling in Jan & Feb because of the lack of sunlight.
Old Jan 13th 2010, 9:03 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

We were Darling Harbour (Sydney) a couple of summers ago (August 2007) it was 2 degrees on a clear sparkling day & with the very fresh breeze blowing off the water, felt absolutely freezing
Old Jan 13th 2010, 9:04 pm
Account Closed

You keep banging on about how depressing everything is in UK...chill out.
I do? You mean I made one comment about it being depressing that you don't see the sun for the entire day and then the sun goes down. I don't think that is 'banging on' at all. It's hilarious, I make one comment about something that I found hard to cope with in the UK but yet so many of you have essay long posts about all the things you hate about Australia!
Old Jan 13th 2010, 9:08 pm
ABCDiamond

I agree last Christmas in the UK there was quite a bit of sun, as for in January and February well there wasn't and it isn't just me who felt depressed at times, a lot people in the UK suffer from a similar feeling in Jan & Feb because of the lack of sunlight.
I couldn't help but google for that...

Lack of sunlight can make people depressed
Nearly half the population find the onset of winter gets them down, says a survey.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/2591595.stm

SAD is also known as winter depression. SAD is less common in countries that receive a lot of sunlight, such as Australia.
http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/b...ctive_disorder

How to Beat Winter Depression. A Doctor's Solution ... "Go to Australia.

Old Jan 13th 2010, 9:10 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I couldn't help but google for that...

You and your surveys

Where would you be without them......depressed
Old Jan 13th 2010, 9:10 pm
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

It snows in parts of the states of NSW, Victoria and Tasmania, mostly in the mountains , OZ has a few ski resorts. Canberra and Hobart are cold cities can get to -7 degrees in winter.
Old Jan 13th 2010, 9:15 pm
ABCDiamond

You and your surveys

Where would you be without them......depressed
Nah, I still have some of the tablets that my UK doctor gave me.

But I am too good at finding positives in (almost) everything these days, to need them...

Old Jan 13th 2010, 9:22 pm
Account Closed

Nah, I still have some of the tablets that my UK doctor gave me.

But I am too good at finding positives in (almost) everything these days, to need them...
Find a positive in this then...

Surely you don't need all that hair in OZ
Attached Thumbnails Does it ever get cold in Oz?-haa.jpg  
Old Jan 13th 2010, 9:27 pm
ABCDiamond

Find a positive in this then...

Surely you don't need all that hair in OZ
I am positive it isn't me

Old Jan 13th 2010, 9:28 pm
Account Closed

I am positive it isn't me
See, i found something you are speechless about. No positive about being as hairy as an Ape
Old Jan 13th 2010, 9:32 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

And a lot of people feel the same way here in July and August when it rains every day. SAD is not only a UK thing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.