Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Does Bunnings cut wood?

Does Bunnings cut wood?

Old May 26th 2011, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Does Bunnings cut wood?

I'm in the midgst of installing an IKEA Besta unit (yes, I know, it's my own fault).

I've either bought the wrong drawer fitting or it won't fit, but I need to shave about 1/2cm from a drawer base (chipboard).

Does Bunnings do cutting, like they do in some shops in the UK? I've looked on the website but can't see anything.
Old May 26th 2011, 9:31 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does Bunnings cut wood?

Yes. Well we've had wood cut at our local one anyway
Old May 26th 2011, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Im not sure if they cut wood that you have had from else where but they do cut wood.Keep in mind that they dont always have some one readily available to cut it.We know this from experience.
Old May 26th 2011, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

njk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of light

Go and ask, if they don't cut other people's wood, buy a saw while you are there and DIY
Old May 26th 2011, 8:01 pm
Lets Rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Family of 3
I'm in the midgst of installing an IKEA Besta unit (yes, I know, it's my own fault).

I've either bought the wrong drawer fitting or it won't fit, but I need to shave about 1/2cm from a drawer base (chipboard).

Does Bunnings do cutting, like they do in some shops in the UK? I've looked on the website but can't see anything.
Why not just take back the fitting ??
Old May 26th 2011, 9:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 4500 Times
Why not just take back the fitting ??
I hate returning things - infact I hate buggering around with shops fullstop.

I've got a table saw but can you cut through melamine and chipboard cleanly?
Old May 26th 2011, 9:26 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Take it to Ikea and ask them to sort it or swap it - obviously you'll say you can't find the receipt (because I suspect you didn't buy it here ).
Old May 26th 2011, 11:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute

I DID buy it here (online, so have receipt) but since I've opened it and started to assemble it I think I'd have a problem changing it. Plus I may just have misinterpreted the instructions (although I doubt it), and Bunnings is nearer.

As for buying a saw, a 4 year old helping with a screw driver and allen key I can cope with. He'd LOVE a saw, but I'd quite like to keep my remaining fingers.
Old May 26th 2011, 11:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

Yes!
Old May 26th 2011, 11:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Evelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of light

Bunnings cuts wood, yet they possibly will struggle with 1/2 cm because they use just one type of cutting plate. in general, they said to us last week we do not cut below a certain size. i think, you are better off going to the nearest carpenter.
Old May 27th 2011, 12:04 am
BE Enthusiast

NigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond repute

I've been back to IKEA with a problem and they sorted it right away. I went in with a lump of metal and said that I broke it putting it in, how much does a new one cost, the lady just reached by to a drawer, handed me a new one, gave me a nice smile and said "no charge".

I've assembled at least a dozen IKEA things andeventually I've been able to get them right. If it is only out by that amount I'd say that you have assembled one of the fasteners thew wrong way round or something like that, that is the usual mistake that I make, I'd pull it apart and start again. I have never ever found a mistake in anything that they have supplied.
Old May 27th 2011, 12:07 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NigelWaring
I have never ever found a mistake in anything that they have supplied.
I'd agree with this
Old May 27th 2011, 12:16 am
BE Enthusiast

I've just had a look on the IKEA fans forum, and it may be I've got the plastic corner bits reversed. Will give that a go.

Agree it's unusual. Generally once you can work out the diagrams it all goes together easily.
Old May 27th 2011, 12:17 am
BE Enthusiast

(One of the very few things I miss about Singapore is the fact that you can pay 6% of the purchase price and they'll assemble it for you. A bargain, indeed.)
Old May 27th 2011, 12:23 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

(One of the very few things I miss about Singapore is the fact that you can pay 6% of the purchase price and they'll assemble it for you. A bargain, indeed.)
Should have let me know C. The old man and I are masters at putting together Ikea crap. We would have come down tomorrow morning and done it for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.